• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc for putting

My brother used to putt with his roc, I gave him my magnet to try out cause he didn't have a putter and I haven't gotten that magnet back since.

I've been playing weekly for little over a year now, throwing a Aviar. Got a Sonic about two weeks ago and been using that most of the time. Now I guess my Glow Roc will be splitting the putting duties with those two. I whould like to throw only one putter, but I cant deside which, maybe i'll just make room for all three beings putting is my strong point.

You should always use whatever works best for you at any given time whether it is for your putters, drivers or mids. I usually keep at least 2 back up putters in the car because I do not like to carry more than 14 total in the bag for any round.

Some people I know like to carry 25-30 discs for a 9 hole course. It's just not for me.

I have two of almost every disc I throw for pratice, but only take one of each to the course.

I play with a guy regularly who uses a Classic Roc for short putts and a DX Roc from 30 feet and out.

He is pretty deadly with it but when he misses he has 30+ foot comeback putts every time. No guts no glory I guess.

That's the FrankD we all know and love.

Does that mean when I use my putter for drives I am doing something wrong. Outside of my obvious bad form and technique?

My putter is a wizard, but I am more comfortable with a 150 classic roc than anything else I have ever owned. My putter from outside of 50' is a 165 proline spider. Shoot with whatever works, you are not out there to make other ppl happy.

If you are using something besides a putter for putting you are doing something wrong.

I couldn't agree with that more. My take on it is if you are using something besides a putter for any shot inside of 90 feet, unless you are going over, under or around something, you are doing something wrong.

But that's just me.

I went from my Buzzz, to a Aviar P&A, to a R-Pro Aviar, and back to the buzz. Mostly because my drives get my close enough for me to be confident with my buzz, but not so much with my putter.

The above post is hilarious coming from a guy with the handle "deadeye".

Does that mean when I use my putter for drives I am doing something wrong. Outside of my obvious bad form and technique?

Do you think it means that?

Of course it does. Don't bother Mr. Delicious with your foolish questions.

They do but mids have more speed and take more spin/power to putt which is why they go farther by when they miss.

That's exactly what I had observed. I remember using a Buzz to putt before I figured out how to use a putter...missing wasn't fun.

, the more power you apply, the less accurate you become. .

While I agree with this statement in general, I don't believe it applies to putting. I've played with some excellent line drive putters that use considerble zip and are deadly accurate. It's not my style but it can be effective. It certainly increases your chance of blowbys but maybe that's why these guys are so good at it, they're not concerned about keeping it close, they're all about hitting metal.

I use a Cro a lot for putting.
Kinda weird, but if I have a really good shot that gets close with a disc other than a putter, I have to use that disc to hole out. It (the disc) 'earned' it with such a good flight, haha.(

I got a buddy that only uses the cro for putting. He uses it for upshots as well. To me it kinda feels like one of the newer low profile putters (zone).

I went through a period where I putted with my roc. It took a ton of wobble out of my putts... for some reason, I could never get a thick putter to come out clean. I putt with an XD - which also has a pretty slim profile, but since then, I've noticed that I get a clean release with an Aviar or an Ion.

I still use my roc for jump putting.

Latest posts