• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc V. Buzzz

Roc or Buzzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, the difference is plastic they're made in and a couple different stamps. (seriously, you can't start listing different stamps and asking whats different about the disc.) The only different molds are Buzzz and Buzzz SS. other than that its different plastics. A Buzzz mold made in different plastics, just like any other disc. Rocs have a dozen different molds in several different plastics. No consistency. If you can't get consistency from from a disc its not worth buying, much less throwing.

oh man i guess if the tooling changes from wasp to buzzz its still the same mold right guys?

wrong guys.

if you have half a brain and know even a little bit about disc selection you can pick out the right roc. all you have to do is flip the disc over.

i prefer the roc because it doesn't flip when I throw it long. I like to push my mids out and can hit 350' and up with rocs, but buzzzes flip unpredictably when pushed out that long in my experience (they are longer but if I want longer I will throw a driver), especially in headwinds. I can't afford that kind of unpredictability in my mid range shots. the roc is my preference for my particular need.

PS the buzzz also has the buzzz GT which I forgot about. so three molds vs four, not counting the change in tooling from wasp to buzzz, which adds another mold.

and the legacy mold rocs are usually only made in one type of plastic unless it is a CFR. so san marinos and ontarios usually come in only star. roc pluses come in champion and R pro. the good rocs come in KC pro and DX. I really don't see how this is inconsistent, unless you are illiterate (which is my sneaking suspicion).

So. All of my previous - and insightful - THREAD RELATED posts have been deemed inappropriate. So I will just say that the buzz is obviously a far superior disc(my opinion). If you don't realize this, you aren't an idiot per se. You just haven't risen to the intellectually/physically/monetarily superior level that buzz throwers are clearly living on - see pic link in above post. Buzz throwers make the dough, and also are more attractive to the ladies. FACT.
FTFY.

if you have half a brain and know even a little bit about disc selection you can pick out the right roc. all you have to do is flip the disc over.

I don't even need a 1/4 of a brain to realize I can buy a Buzz anywhere, in my preferred plastic, and know exactly how it will fly. No need to worry about finding a specific run of various Roc molds, which may or may not be currently in production. The other 3/4s of my brain can now tackle the question of why idiots like you would even bother with Rocs. F*** beads.

I wonder why these threads go on and on

Here's how I think it is:
Buzzz <--great all around disc; predictable; a buzzz is a buzzz pretty much
Roc <--an all star rock star of a disc; varying degrees of beat-in gives you a different flight

If you prefer simply good then go for a buzzz.
If you want to take the time to work on your equipment and basically build your discs then go for a roc or two or three.

I'm pretty sure I got this spot on.

oh man i guess if the tooling changes from wasp to buzzz its still the same mold right guys?

wrong guys.

i prefer the roc because it doesn't flip when I throw it long. I like to push my mids out and can hit 350' and up with rocs, but buzzzes flip unpredictably when pushed out that long in my experience (they are longer but if I want longer I will throw a driver), especially in headwinds. I can't afford that kind of unpredictability in my mid range shots. the roc is my preference for my particular need.

PS the buzzz also has the buzzz GT which I forgot about. so three molds vs four, not counting the change in tooling from wasp to buzzz, which adds another mold.

and the legacy mold rocs are usually only made in one type of plastic unless it is a CFR. so san marinos and ontarios usually come in only star. roc pluses come in champion and R pro. the good rocs come in KC pro and DX. I really don't see how this is inconsistent, unless you are illiterate (which is my sneaking suspicion).

Classic roc. San Marino Roc. Ontario Roc. Super Roc. Roc Plus. KC Pro Roc(which roc lovers aren't even sure what mold it is - seems to me to just be 'the roc' - available in dx, pro, r-pro, glow, but no premium plastics). KC Pro 11x. KC Pro 10x. KC pro 9X. Etc. Not going to include all the collector editions, but I hear they all fly differently - just kidding!!!! No one actually throws them, just over pays for them. Looks to me like at least 6 molds, and that is being generous and not quoting different plastics like you are doing. You can buy a 'standard' buzz(or buzz ss) in ANY plastic, and it will fly like your old buzz(or buzz ss), minus the wear factor. The same can NOT be said about rocs. Either can be great discs. If you desire consistency(which I've heard helps in disc golf) and availability, the buzz wins. Rocs suck. Oh, I can also push rocs/buzz's out 350. No need to brag, lots can do it. Buzzz for president.

but buzzzes flip unpredictably when pushed out that long in my experience (they are longer but if I want longer I will throw a driver), especially in headwinds. I can't afford that kind of unpredictability in my mid range shots.

What weight and how beat are these buzzzes that are flipping on you? I can hit 350' with my 178g buzzz without it flipping at all.

I prefer buzzzes over rocs because of how the rocs I have had have beaten in. They went from slightly overstable, to straight, to understable too quickly for my liking. I would rather have something in premium plastic that will keep its original flight for much longer. I have bought just one more buzzz in a little over a year, and the three rocs I had didn't stay stable for very long. I actually lost one of them when it decided to flip for the first time and sail over a fence. Z buzzzes will just very gradually lose stability.

wrong guys.

Saying the 'good rocs' come in kc pro and dx is an opinion. My opinion is that I prefer the grip of more premium plastics. Roc Plus's are only available in champ and r-pro, but don't fly the same as "good rocs" which only come in kc pro and dx and aren't the same mold. That is not an opinion, that is fact. Another fact is that 'suggesting' that someone is illiterate is ignorant. So at the risk of receiving more 'infraction points', I am going to 'suggest' that you are a douchbag. Which would 'suggest' that roc lovers are.....____________

the Roc vs Buzzz debate is so silly.....they are different discs for different purposes

There is overlap but they are essentially different discs with different uses

Oh good lord. This is why we can't have nice things.

But seriously. Arguing about which you like better? C'mon guys!

Hey, if we aren't going to argue about what we like better, this forum/the internet will be a much more boring place.

Hey, if we aren't going to argue about what we like better, this forum/the internet will be a much more boring place.

I think newer players don't understand beads and how they are useful.....they also make for a slow pretty flight instead of a fast jet like flight

buzzz is just a driver in a mids packaging

The Pain is better than both.

*dodges rotten tomatoes*

The Pain is better than both.

*dodges rotten tomatoes*

You didn't dodge this one...
smile_258.gif
.....:)

Yes, the debate is very silly. Mostly because if Discraft would put the Nebula into production there would be no debate.

I'm pretty sure that if I gave a new player either a buzzz or a roc I'd be doing them a huge favor...

FWIW I dislike all mids and throw no mids... who needs a mid when a putter fits the need?

FWIW I dislike all mids and throw no mids... who needs a mid when a putter fits the need?

For shots between putter and fairway driver distance??? For me that would be between 320' and 365'. Here I go with another ball golf analogy...Not carrying mids would be like not carrying anything between a 7-iron and a 3-iron.

I think it really comes down to the types of courses you play and your throwing style

Overhand guys rarely need a Mid
Open straight forward courses you can get away with no mids
Long wooded courses often leave you with 225-300ish shots that require line shaping and tunneling ability.....often putters dont carry the D w/o height and often putters are too straight at high speed to shape lines

my .02 but theres more than one way to play this game

I just power down drivers
or
throw them low
or OH like opti said

I've found no need for a mid ever... some ppl need mids b/c they don't like wide-rimmed drivers or problems with their hand, etc

The closest thing I throw to a true mid is a Pig which I'd be tempted to say is a mid

I like the buzz. It a disc that is fairly stable and will do what I want 90% of the time. But I'm not taking away from the roc, its still a good disc also.