• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rollers - an instructional video

Great vid! Makes me want to run right outside to practice rollers (at 1:00 am :rolleyes:). Thanks for posting!!!

by the way, great video. And also LONG LIVE THE CONDOR.

\/\/

Greenwell taught the Condor roller to Don Wilchek and then Don took it to the next level!

The guy was rated 1012 when there were only 20 1000+ rated players and he would roll 75% of the holes he played on some courses. He also threw one of the sickest shots I have seen which was a Sky thumber roller with a Condor off a knee and over a 40ft tree which rolled all the way to the pin 450ft away.

On a sad note the Condor roller also ruined his career in 2002 while he was at worlds where he was sitting in 2nd in the MPM division.....went on to finish out and get 6th with a torn tendon and never really played again.

Guy taught me more than anyone else and for that I can't thank him enough.

Interesting back story Scooter, thanks for sharing!

I'm glad everyone is liking the video, the next one about distances drives will be out in a coupe days.

This is great! I went outside and threw some rollers with my Roc! I'm already imagining holes where a roller is going to come in handy!

Practicing the roller is finally starting to pay off for me!

02f18810.jpg

This hole is extremely difficult to birdie with an air shot because of the pin placement and low ceiling. Hitting an early tree can often result in a bogey. So I tried a roller on it yesterday and was in the circle 3 out of 4 times. :D

Nice shooting Adam. I wouldn't have pictured a roller being a solid shot there. I stick with my (sometimes) trusty sidearm for that hole and have deuced it the last three times I'm played it.

Meh, X comet for the 40' jump putt...oops, that's another video, right? =)

BH roller? Wow, low ceiling for that...

#12 is a GREAT FH roller hole. Parked and deuced it twice in a row the last time I played it.

Plenty of ceiling there for BH roller which would be the natural shot. FH roller turns the other way.

Latest posts