• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

Thanks for the replies folks.
I have some extra cash from working 26 hours in 2 days last week during/after the polar vortex repairing burst water lines. That is until the wifey finds it...:|

I got a GRIP and this bag for xmas. I think I'm keeping the Grip. Simply a bit better construction.

That said, The handle and the extra 2 side pockets on the Catalyst rock...better than Grip's or any other bag I've used. In fact giving up the sweet handle is the hardest thing about parting with it (PM if interested...post coming soon in marketplace).

My wife also got this bag and a new Grip A bag, she decided to keep the catalyst, and we sold the Grip A.
These are nice bags, they just don't have some of the little details that a more expensive bag has.

Ok, I have a few more rounds on mine. Here are my pros cons and modifications:

Pros:
I like the main pocket size- things arent banging around loose, nor stuffed in
I use that plastic handle all the time
The GGIS pocket is super convenient
Side storage is nice (especially when the main pocket isnt overloaded) I can shed a layer and stuff it in, same for hats, gloves, etc
Feels pretty sturdy and looks fairly good, even in the rain/mud

Cons:
Main pocket is a little bit loose/soft- id like it if there were a bit of a frame
Removing large diameter discs from the edges/sides is a challenge
Upper storage pouch doesnt use space wisely
I think the cupholders look silly

Mods: (I know, my warranty is gone. Oh well)
I cut open the upper storage 'pouch' to open up the top area- I love having the extra storage
I cut the seams connecting the cupholders and removed them- much better looking (i store water in the side pockets when needed

This bag was a great deal for $120 and still a good price at 145. Id like to see these go on sale around 130-135 fir those that couldnt/wouldnt pre-order

Id be happy to answer questions...

Ok, I have a few more rounds on mine.

Cons:
Main pocket is a little bit loose/soft- id like it if there were a bit of a frame
Removing large diameter discs from the edges/sides is a challenge
Upper storage pouch doesnt use space wisely
I think the cupholders look silly

Mods: (I know, my warranty is gone. Oh well)
I cut open the upper storage 'pouch' to open up the top area- I love having the extra storage
I cut the seams connecting the cupholders and removed them- much better looking (i store water in the side pockets when needed

This bag was a great deal for $120 and still a good price at 145. Id like to see these go on sale around 130-135 fir those that couldnt/wouldnt pre-order

Id be happy to answer questions...
Could you post some pics in the catalyst mod. thread please.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99622

im currently selling my grey and black salient catalyst bag if anybody is interested please feel free to ask me about price, it comes with 2 discs and i have it in original packaging.. pretty much unopened..
selling for a little cheaper then set price but im able to make a deal with ya!

im currently selling my grey and black salient catalyst bag if anybody is interested please feel free to ask me about price, it comes with 2 discs and i have it in original packaging.. pretty much unopened..
selling for a little cheaper then set price but im able to make a deal with ya!

Pay the $5 and put it in the Marketplace.

Just ordered one in grey/black and should be in tomorrow. Going from an Innova Competition bag to the Catalyst and will be my first backpack bag. Enjoyed the reviews. Hopefully I will enjoy the bag itself.

Just ordered one in grey/black and should be in tomorrow. Going from an Innova Competition bag to the Catalyst and will be my first backpack bag. Enjoyed the reviews. Hopefully I will enjoy the bag itself.

I think you will, pretty nice bag for the bucks spent.
When you get it, you will want to make sure the insert that goes into the "go get it slot" is installed correctly, not all of them are.
If you hit the catalyst mod thread, you can see how to fit it. I also showed how to make it sit lower, to make it work better.
(None of these void the warranty)

I think you will, pretty nice bag for the bucks spent.
When you get it, you will want to make sure the insert that goes into the "go get it slot" is installed correctly, not all of them are.
If you hit the catalyst mod thread, you can see how to fit it. I also showed how to make it sit lower, to make it work better.
(None of these void the warranty)

here is a link to the catalyst mod thread

Just ordered one of these in grey/black on Friday and was curious on when it would ship and how long it would take? Really looking forward to getting this bag and getting rid of my innova starter bag.

Hi Dantel,
Your bag should ship Monday as the bags are in stock. Then depending on were you live you just need to wait on UPS. Thanks for ordering a bag I am sure you will enjoy it.

Latest posts