• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Schusterick shoots a 36

I'm not sure why any TD would want to run a rather routine event like this (shenanigans that supposedly went on aside) as an A-tier, when a B-tier would keep more money at home and allow non-Members to play in it.

Haters+Gonna+Hate_0dd058_3113024.jpg

As stated previously, there were 15 MPO to start the tournament. I believe at least 4 more had preregistered (but were going to pay at the event). In possible fairness, there was an A-tier in Augusta last weekend and USDGC in two weeks, so a couple A-tiers back to back may have been too much golf for some folks in GA/SC/FL.

Pretty sure Orum was coming, but his ride bailed on him ... something like that

Crow taste bad!!!

Well Damn I owe an apology to the players I accused of flaming on this thread. It wasn't either one. Sorry! It's Andrew Fish, who did play and actually finished 7th with some pretty solid play.

I wouldn't agree the event was garbage. I was late Sunday, sometimes things happen out of our control. I certainly wasn't drunk or drinking and as for walking around the course well yeah. That's where an official should be especially if he's taking pictures and sweeping pads. I got a lot of thank yous from some highly rated players and this tournament will grow. A-tiers require $1800 added cash and 125% am payout with a $25 am players pack. All 3 requirements were met. I don't believe in adding a bunch of freebies. I prefer quality courses and quality action. We had both. Not sure what Fish's problem is but if any one wants to offer some constructive criticism message me. When not exhausted I'm fairly reasonable and always willing to improve.

Again apologies for acting like a fool. TD'ing is exhausting especially on 2 courses but I should be more of a grown up.

Last edited:
This thread really makes me want to start playing tournaments.

:thmbdown::(:thmbdown:

For every story like this there are a dozen well run events that are a blast to play in (at least in my own experience).

Having just typed that i went back and looked through my events, and out of 19 events that i have played there is only one i can say i thought was poorly run and i didn't enjoy.

johndhjr71,

Please take the feedback in this thread as constructive criticism and learn some lessons to apply to any further tournaments. A list of the items to take heed:

A) Be on time; TDs expect all of the players to be on time; they expect the same from the TD.
B) Proper communication of tees/pins is the TDs responsibility. If the players failed to play the right configuration, it is the TDs fault by failing to effectively inform them.
C) Proper configuration of the course is the TDs responsibility. This task can be delegated to a responsible party but you need to insure the course is ready.
D) As TD; you must priortize your time. Sweeping teepads and taking pictures should be extremely low on the list and should never interfere with the flow/running of the tournament.
E) Delegate tasks to others. You can't do everything yourself.

Last edited:
This thread went south.. OP shows a screen shot of a remarkable -18.. and it turns into a course/ tourney.. cryfest.

AGAIN awesome round..

Previous lowest rounds ever

Johnny Lisseman -17 1996 Pro Worlds
Tom Monroe -16 1984 Worlds??? (Thats a guess on year)

Either way, its going to get harder to put a "lowest round ever" in the books when you have courses with par 4's and 5's. I guess you can figure it out like the PGA and the "59" score that only a few people have shot.

I have a -17 in a PDGA event.

I also can name at least 3 or 4 more off the top of my head without any other research.

And that's just here in NC.

They happen more than you think they would.

We have a short course by me called groves, got -15 under, but it had no par 4 distance shots.

We have a short course by me called groves, got -15 under, but it had no par 4 distance shots.

Groves is a good one for that, if you're playing the short tees there's basically no punishment unless you really shank a shot, and no real line shaping required.

I don't care how short open or "easy" a course is, getting up and down 18 out of 18 times is amazing.

People dog short courses but I'm telling you, they are some of the hardest mentally to play.

barry S almost did this at vibram....not tell me that course is same level.

250 will should have to throw only putters and only putt with drivers.

great job but still -15 on the card too. not like he crushed the card.