• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silver Series: 2022 Beaver State Fling Jun 10-12

Schedule for the event? Any clinics? I find the lack of a working beaverstatefling.com website disturbing.

R1 FPO looks like a few hole was very hard to birdy. . hole 1-3 have one birdy in the field. .hole 7-8 have three birdys... hole 12-14 have no birdys at all and 17-18 have ONE.
Thats 10 holes with a total of 5 birdys. . .the other 8 holes had 112Birdys!

DGPT catch cam really struggling. Through three holes and I think they've yet to find the disc in the air.

DGPT catch cam really struggling. Through three holes and I think they've yet to find the disc in the air.

I wonder if it could be rain related. Stationary cams can be kept pretty rain safe, being focused on a specific spot, usually in plenty of time for the throw. A catch cam has to move quite a bit more-being a dynamic view.

Fun to see Paul play R1 in the rain. . .he plays FAST!!

I would add careless/indifferent to how he was playing. Certainly can't blame him, but, I will also say the other players on his card seemed to be engaged the entire round. If he loses by those two strokes he lost on the last two holes of the first round, he won't be thrilled. Those were purely strokes from him rushing/not caring any more. I do also question why he didn't choose to have a caddy helping him. Maybe someone bailed at the last second.

It´s fun to see Valerie putt, her putt looks perfect. . . and her stats is just as good as most MPO players in C1.

I dont know what she did in the off-season and in her shift to DD. . but its working

That hole 18 is one HARD par 3. . not a single MPO player got the birdy. . and its the same hole and par for FPO!

The commentators stated that Corey Ellis had a putt literally fall through the bottom of the basket during round 2, which of course cost him a stroke due to a technical interpretation of the rules.

My question--is there anything in the rules which he could use to challenge that DURING this tournament? Obviously this is an equipment flaw, and he could have done nothing any better to properly complete the hole.

The commentators stated that Corey Ellis had a putt literally fall through the bottom of the basket during round 2, which of course cost him a stroke due to a technical interpretation of the rules.

My question--is there anything in the rules which he could use to challenge that DURING this tournament? Obviously this is an equipment flaw, and he could have done nothing any better to properly complete the hole.
If the flaw is observed during tournament play, "A player may restore course equipment to its proper working order, including the removal of obstacles." per 803.01.B.3. Of course, the flaw was observed after the putt was missed. Hopefully, they placed a twist tie or wire across the gap to close it off until a more permanent fix was possible (I'm guessing this wasn't done, however?). If the flaw had been observed during the practice rounds, it should have been reported to the TD to get it fixed before the rounds started, even if just a temporary fix.

What hole did this happen on? I will have to check that out.

It occurred on hole 15. Wow, just weird.
He starts his putting process at the 23:54 mark. Putt drops through at 24:00.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXka-fAbVo

It wasn't even some jam through, like riding the elevator down hard. It literally just fell right through--even bounced first to lose whatever momentum it did have. Didn't seem like an equipment malfunction, just a one in a million placement of the disc. I wonder if that is a design flaw in the baskets...or if the disc he used was perhaps not regulation somehow?

Latest posts