• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played my first ever FH only round this morning. Every throw besides putting was FH. It was eye opening, and educational. I scored a +12, which is about five throws off average. I need more practice, for sure.

+2
So I am in Houston on vacation, played a course that I have only played once or twice before. Mosquitos were bad, so I was trying to keep moving and rushing my throws a bit. But I was still saving my par shots. Then we get to hole 10, which is all of 207 ft. I throw my Alias just a tick to the left of the basket, goes about 10 ft past where it dies in the grass. (needs to be mowed) Then my brother in law asks, "Which basket are we throwing at?" Uh oh. Hole 10 is 40 ft to the left. I threw at hole 7's basket.

It was fun mostly just throwing my Alias and Envy today and I did get 2 birdies, but 4 bogies from throwing too fast while avoiding the mosquitos.

Making a trip up to the ski resort this weekend so we decided to get in a practice round. It was nice all day but started to drizzle on the way to the course. After five holes we were getting a little wt but nothing that was effecting our games besides some wet pads. Three holes later, at the furthest point from the parking lot, the sky open up and drenched us. After debating on what to do we decided that half way done and it couldn't get any worse so we did our best and finished the round plus played 12-18 again. Was lots of fun and even canned one from about 100' for birdie. Fun adventure on the course.

Played my 1st league night (random draw best shot doubles). Played very well overall on a course that kicks my butt. Managed to barely cash but the highlight was winning the CTP with an absolutely perfect drive (for me at least). 300' hole which requires some shot shaping with a slight s curve required to get to the pin. Felt good out of the hand, got the turn I wanted, getting close to the right side bushes and fade kicks in - holy %^&*( its past the pine tree!!!! Parked it 10' from the hole - almost pin high and just a bit left - and it was enough to win the CTP. Nevermind the fact that the 295' drive is pretty good for me (260-280 avg) but to hit the line I wanted exactly perfect was just awesome.

-1 at Dretzka leagues from the shorts, with a thunderstorm rolling in on the last 5. Six 2's, but 3 4's and 1 5. A few off-line drives and missed putts at the edge of my comfort zone cost me some strokes, but overall content.

+++ too many, but finally took a real clean par 3 on hole 7 (358') at RL Smith; played this morning with Mike C. and two others.

I didn't. I bussed in the heat to the DG park on a bus with no AC. Got there, place was over run with little kids and the course was closed. I decided to walk the course for ****s and giggles. I was not giggling when I found 3 of the targets to be missing.

I am hoping that the targets are being maintenance since there was a kids camp. Though it was on 3 of the most secluded holes so I doubt it.

Another casual round at Seneca Creek (hey, it's 5 minutes from work :thmbup:). Tournament Hatchet was doing exactly what I wanted – throw it on a slight hyzer and watch it slowly flip up and drift slightly right, finishing with no fade. Had drop-in Hatchet birdies on #1, 11, 12, and 14.

Hatchet has replaced the River as my understable fairway. Now I need to find some Tourney Hatchets in the 160s that are NOT dirt-brown (described as "unique" on the web :rolleyes:).

played at brp the other day. yeah i lost 65 ft of distance. feels awesome!! couldnt ask for a better year of dg!!!

Last played a couple of nights ago at Wild Haven in Manton, MI. These new, bright, brilliant LEDs you can tape under your transparent Champion/Crystal/whatever plastic Discs are AWESOME. I think I enjoy playing at night now as much as the daytime even if I score way worse.

My nagging 41-year-old shoulder doesn't feel nearly as bad these days, as well. Throwing more Blizzard plastic to help lessen the load on those muscles.

Finally made my way out to The Valley DGC. Bombed a huge drive over the swamp hole, and played solid. Finished 2 up, which I'm more than happy with for my first lap.

Went for round two, was tired, and played like crap. It's a great course though.

Played Michigan Tech DGC today. Had fun, didnt really keep score but on hole 7, which is 200ish feet give or take down a straight wide open fairway finishing with a 90 degree sharp turn right, and into the trees, I snapped a perfect forehand flick with my Champion Sidewinder, flew nice and straight and wrapped perfectly around the trees, and landed a foot behind the basket. My second almost ace, but it wa a GREAT birdie. Also found an unmarked Orange Leopard so that was sweet too. Overall had a really fun relaxing casual round :)

Yesterday (hope it still counts for the how did you play today thread) we played Desert Fox and Little Fox and hit a small 9 hole at a church on the way home. I was impressed with how well the grass was maintained at DF and LF. I can't speak for year round as this is the first I have played those two but it was a very pretty park and very nice.

Two rounds (Lester Lorch, Coyote and Beaver) and I only got one real deuce opportunity .......and I missed the putt!! It was a great day discing nonetheless!

My son played the "snake preserve" in flip flops! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts