• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Nice to hear Nate!! What course were you playing?
We really need to go play soon.

Hole 9 at River Falls my friend. You know the hole. Open till the last 50 feet with the big maple protecting the basket from hyzer. Had the height just perfect. I hope to goodness I can repeat the shot.

Had a nice round at Seneca Creek after work. Birdied #2, 3, 4, 7, 10, and 15. Hit the pole on #1B, but the disc skipped past the hole and I missed the putt. Made a couple of nice long putts, and missed a couple of stupid short putts.

Chatted with a young couple that was just starting with disc golf. Tried to give them some helpful tips without completely geeking out.

Didn't lose any discs, despite playing until dusk. Ridiculously gorgeous evening.

Yesterday, Shot -2 at the farm. Tweaked my grip a bit and gained quite a noticeable amount more of control on drives and upshots. putted not very well. but a 980+ round anyway!

OUTSTANDING !!!!
47(-7) at the Kurtz Chasm in Melrose NY........... took this gem home too! :clap:

10387475_821030794588445_8071508052591274812_n.jpg

Got a tournament coming up in a few weeks @ Chautauqua Park - Beatrice, NE so I drove on up and played a round to get the feel of it again. The last time I played there, I was about 14 or 15y.o. so I had a hard time remembering where everything was at. Course was damp but playable. Front 9 was looking great, back 9 was kind of ran down. It was almost as if they are two different courses in the same park. 31 on the front 9 B tees. 30 on the back 9 B tees. It was pretty humid but not terribly hot out so the weather wasn't too bad. I felt like I played like crap but It could have been way worse. Putting was pretty damn good though. Nice to get away from my comfort zone every once and a while.

New personal best today at Sylmar. Pins in moderately easy positions. I had 10 birdies, a double and a bogey to break my previous best by 1. I left a few strokes out there. The double and bogey were both completely unnecessary and I could have had a birdie on 9 <missed a 20'er looking straight at the OB which is about 5' behind the basket>. All in all, I'm happy.

Shot a personal best last night out in central sc. Let's hope I can keep that up. Played a quick round today and played another great round. Feel like everything is starting to click a little. Bring it on!!!!!

Threw a really casual round at Mt Zion today with a friend - threw multiple shots per hole, pretty good drives, mediocre putting :\ But had fun, was glad to get out there at least once today.

Threw a speed round at a course near my house, shot 4 down too. I was genuinely surprised with how well I played. Becoming much more of a consistent putter.

Played dubs with my buddy against 2 others at Kentwood this afternoon. We missed one hole and they missed one hole, but I aced hole 10.

Altoona Area

I drove and approached well. However, my putting started out very slowly.

I missed four putts on my first 9 from inside of 30', with three of them coming up short and hitting the cage. I don't expect to make every putt, but missing low really irritates me. This turned a potential -5 into a -1 (26) from the Reds at Canoe Creek SP. The I missed a 15' putt from the whites and turned a 27 into a 28.

Then I got to play Highland Park, which is usually a good way to boost my confidence and morale. It served the purpose perfectly.

I threw two discs per hole, throwing my preferred disc choice 1st and an alternate disc 2nd. I was pleased with the -3 (24) with the 2nd disc, but I played great (for me) and threw a -6 (21) with my first disc. The 21 included a 50' putt for birdie on #8, which felt really awesome after my early putting woes.

Played 36+ holes at Seneca Creek today. Carried a small bag – two putters, two mids, three fairways – for the first 18 holes, and played very consistently. Only missed the distance drivers on a couple of holes.

Also changed my putting form a bit, using more legs and a simpler movement. It will take a little time to get the new form completely dialed in, but the simpler movement should be more repeatable. The new form is also more powerful - I was able to get out to about 40' before switching to a jump putt.

Wristy FH drives yielded birdie putts on a few of the shorter holes. I love throwing FH, but have to be careful to avoid jacking up my shoulder again.

pretty terribly.

so instead of getting pissed about it, i just rolled with it and started throwing OH shots where ever possible to try and beat some of my discs in and also learn some good OH lines at the same time. i found a couple holes where i will now be throwing a thumber or tomahawk instead of backhand, which is nice. gave me repeated consistent groupings on some tighter shots. founds myself throwing farther and farther, which was encouraging. i always sucked at OH. now i just need to work more on my FH too.

Pretty well!

Finished 4th in MPO at the Dynamic Discs Old Settler's B-Tier here in KC. Left a few out there (as always), but I'm definitely happy with my best finish so far in Open.

Played very safely, easily navigating the Par 4s and the longer, wooded Par 3s. I didn't birdie many of the Par 4s, but I just took my easy strokes and made birdies elsewhere. Putted really well in the second round.

One ace at the Ace Race today. First loser, LOL.

Went and did some field work with the 2014 AR discs and I'm pretty sure it fits somewhere between a Sidewinder and a Roadrunner.

hit a lot of trees at kenwood today, definitely hard to score from the rough at that place...

after throwing strictly backhand for 2 years straight, ive been incorporating some sidearm back into my game. i sidearmed everything since i was 12, quit cold turkey, and learned how to the throw the disc like a real man. now im finding it to take a ton of pressure off on a variety of shots, and i dont have to carry anything too understable.

anyways i played too aggressively today and ran everything, which resulted in a lot of bogies. sometimes you just gotta go for it though, even if its the wrong thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts