• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat...pretty much as well/poorly as Juke did... we both shot + 10 on a pretty tough, very well-wooded course with plenty of elevation. :|

Last edited:
Won a CTP which ended up being a worlds proto O/S buzz. apparently these things go for some big money online? i then proceeded to tell them i planned on throwing it. One guy stepped up and traded me two first run buzz o/s's in its place. Hope he enjoys it as a wall hanger. He got a deal i got a couple good throwers, win/win.

Played Safari tourney in SF over the weekend. I'm 14 months into my playing career and finally had a decent showing in a tourney. Ended up 11th in Am Masters division (out of 24). Made it through 76 holes without a double bogey, then took a 6 (triple bogey) on hole 13 on the final day. Was disappointed to have that meltdown hole, but managed to get back on track and finish the final few holes with a bunch of pars and one birdie.

Was really happy with my decision making overall.

What a great tourney, wish it happened more than once a year. :)

bda

Played the hometown course yesterday. I was doing about normal: decent shot, crappy shot, in the fairway, in the weeds.

I got a decent drive on 14 but was disappointed that my second shot left me about 100' away from the basket. The basket was straight in front of me with no obstacles but I decided to try a pretty steep hyzer for ****s and giggles. Ching! Longest shot I've made to date and it felt really good. I think I ended up +14 for the round but that one shot made my day.

I'll probably have to change my pants if I ever hit an ace.

On my second round at Skare Woods in Rochelle IL I threw a 25 for the first time. I had 5 deuces. Unfortunately my four on hole #9 was a buzzkill. Still my best round ever.

The other night I got off work late and really wanted to get a round in. I decided to go for it and try and squeeze a round in before dark - jogging between holes & down the fairway while playing from 2 tees concurrently. I managed to finish the round (on a long 9200' course) in an hour & 20 mins. Felt it a bit the next day but it wasn't too bad.

Of course when I got to the course I realized I had pulled out my chiefs (used for most approach shots) for fieldwork the other day and didn't replace them. Ooops. I felt it a bit on my approaches as used my summits, drone, and buzzz to cover the shots I'd have otherwise made with my Chiefs. Made a few - missed a few. Oh well.

What really shocked me was that I was crushing drives (by my noodle-armed standards). I hadn't played in almost a week - and no driving fieldwork in the week prior. Got a few out over 300 and was 275-300 consistently. All this while jogging between holes and not stopping to think...maybe that's the key....

Ended up shooting both rounds with above average scores, so I'll take it. Play less..practice less...don't stop to think or catch your breathe....shoot above average. ;)

Won league last night with a new player as my partner.

We were 4 off the lead after both going in the water and taking a 5.

Second round we shot 5 birdies in a row to make things interesting.

Three groups were tied going into the last hole.

I put it 15 ft out in the dark and made the putt to take the win.

Good times

Within 1 of the course record on KMDGC from the orange tees. Would have tied the record if not for missing a 20' uphill putt, in the near dark, just off the top of the basket rim and left chains. Still a very solid round.

Something clicked today. Been back at it since June after a 20+ year hiatus. It's been a struggle trying to get any distance, for example there's a 218 foot hole at my closest course that's been tough to get close enough to birdie. All of a sudden today, out of nowhere, speed 9 discs that had been pure meat hook fade machines were going straight and long. I overthrew the basket from the tee on a 370 foot hole by a good 40 feet. Two months ago it was taking 2-3 shots to get close enough to putt. Got a birdie on a 400+ par 3 as well.

I know that doesn't sound like a lot of distance for a lot of you guys, but for a 54 year old that's only been back playing for a little over three months it was a great day.

Not sure what changed, but sure hope it sticks!

I played horribly. I've been playing again for a couple months now, and today was the worst I've played. My timing was way off on all my drives and I didn't get one good "hit". Back to the fields :(.

meh. starting this new job, i haven't had time to throw at all this week. after not playing since sunday, i definitely was having problems. add in the fact that i'm more conscious of the fact that my form is off and . . . well, meh. it was really windy too, plus my hands were not ready for the cold.

meh. starting this new job, i haven't had time to throw at all this week. after not playing since sunday, i definitely was having problems. add in the fact that i'm more conscious of the fact that my form is off and . . . well, meh. it was really windy too, plus my hands were not ready for the cold.

your front foot too open on the plant? haha

as always...

no matter how much i go through the motion and train myself, it's like my body physically just can't do it. it's starting to become really frustrating. i've always been duckfooted, i've always walked with my toes pointed pretty far outward and pushed from the outside/inside arch rather than walk normally. it's like i'm trying to retrain what my body has done all my life.

as always...

no matter how much i go through the motion and train myself, it's like my body physically just can't do it. it's starting to become really frustrating. i've always been duckfooted, i've always walked with my toes pointed pretty far outward and pushed from the outside/inside arch rather than walk normally. it's like i'm trying to retrain what my body has done all my life.

i should have never said anything hahaha. now ive had trouble flicking cuz im thinking about it too much.

i feel like when you (anyone really, im using this non directly) think too much about form, you screw up more

i should have never said anything hahaha. now ive had trouble flicking cuz im thinking about it too much.

i feel like when you (anyone really, im using this non directly) think too much about form, you screw up more

nah, i knew about it. i talked about it in my new updated form thread in early august. :)

sorry about your flick, though! i actually used my right hand for a flick on the approach at the valley and parked it. i was pretty impressed with myself.

nah, i knew about it. i talked about it in my new updated form thread in early august. :)

sorry about your flick, though! i actually used my right hand for a flick on the approach at the valley and parked it. i was pretty impressed with myself.

with a polecat?

played pretty well. Shot a +3 at Dela in 95 degree heat. Won a nice bag tag, some cash, and birdied top of the world. Yeah it was a good day :)

So golf wise today was meh for me. Fighting wind, trying out a new putter, whatevs. Fun wise today was amazing. Aim For The Chains came over and threw my home course. We ended up shooting with some other guys I know and it was a blast. Definitely going to travel his way next time. What an absolutely amazing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts