• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
banging chains today in the wind. firebird has too much beef. while my spd got a bit squirrely at times in the wind. im going to blame it on user error i havent thrown much in the wind at all recently

still shot +2 with plenty of two putts :(

First round Sunday was a wash. Raining and good amount of wind. Second round after lunch I could not miss a putt outside 40 feet. Drives with my s line pd were money. I love those kind of rounds. Played a quick nine and it all fell apart.

Slowly coming together.

six under on my home course, playing a fun round of doubles, felt like the disc was going where i wanted it too except for a couple putts that sailed wide or over the top of the basket. All in all im happy with how i threw, No bogies so a big plus there. Had a blast though so its a win in my book

Played one of my favorite courses yesterday, Yadkin County. We didn't know about the Outback -- 9 hole loop with tone poles instead of baskets. Really cool.

In other news, I'm keeping my Shield around for wet weather rounds. That plastic is awesome in the wet. Premium plastic was slipping out of my hand all day but that BT Medium (I think that's what it is) was perfect.

Not today but yesterday...Played a newer course in my area for the second time. I put up my best round there for a full 18, shot 4 under, and was bogey free to boot!

The best part of the day was I got my 17 year old out to play with me for the afternoon. That is something he has not done in a while. The weather was great, we had the course all to our self, and best of all we had FUN just being guys on the course!

banging chains today in the wind. firebird has too much beef. while my spd got a bit squirrely at times in the wind. im going to blame it on user error i havent thrown much in the wind at all recently

still shot +2 with plenty of two putts :(

Glad the rain held off this morning. Wind not too bad at Lakewood.
What course were you at?

Had my first par round. Picnic Island is still in phase-I so it was only nine holes but I'm still happy. I was playing mostly from the reds but from the blues on #7 and #9. Played conservatively because of the wind around 10 mph which can really mess with the discs on this course. I feel good about starting my second year and the progress I'm making using the beato drill (thanks HUB and others for the great tips).

It wasn't today but on my most recent round I broke well into the low 900's (DGCR SSE) for the very first time. Also won $30 from my buds!

Played in awful winds and mist, but still got out of a heavily wooded course only +2. Highlight of the round was a stupid sick 70 ft uphill birdie shot with an MVP Soft Anode that just sat in the basket like it belonged there. My playing partner gave me a stare that would have killed me if I hadn't been too busy laughing. His HYDRA wasn't being his friend today and putting wasn't happening for him.

40 mph gusts, thankfully mostly in the woods. Not so thankfully I hit a lot of those woods.

Did discover I can throw my 155 Crave into a 30 mph headwind and it holds its line pretty well. Didn't expect that from such a light disc.

Glad the rain held off this morning. Wind not too bad at Lakewood.
What course were you at?

clearwater/annandale course. i work out there and live in st cloud. i got off a 16 hour shift. wind was howling up there and its a decently open course. just tore everyone up. i think i was the only non chucker out there. so many people out there taking 8+ on each hole it was kinda funny.

i love lakewood. thats one of my favorite courses. i had a helluva back 9 one time when playing with a user from here there. think i went like -5 on the back 9 or something idk haha. and of course unloading the bag on 18.

oh yeah wasnt able to play today. got off work at 8am. class at 1130. then the other job till 5pm. then it was raining :( tomorrow is a new day though. feenin for another ace. or shoot -5 at calvary. either is a good day.

I played a round with just my putter and Roc. Had a good time. My anhyzer and flat release shots were alright but my hyzers were pulling right. :doh: Think I have been trying to put too much spin on those throws. And I've been trying to keep my head on target too much. I had some decent flicks although I am still working on the release, but I did make a 25 foot putt with a flick.

After throwing my beat to death avenger ss on anhyzer lines for a lot of the day, i think i can finally say i know how to do a roller. Did it with the avenger and my daedalus (which got about the same as my longest previous distance on a roller so pretty stoked) and threw a personal best 67 at southeast in columbia.

i saw some people saying teebirds go farther than stalkers. well i better test that theory today. will report back findings

10 bird round at El Dorado, Long Beach, with a standard bogey and...

I pulled out a buddy's recommended distance turnover driver - it flipped and cut rolled into OB and my approach was also OB, just past the basket.

7 under in the end.

I did field work today and the wind was brutal. It was interesting to see how my disc fly with the different wind. Seeing how much understable certain driver and mids behave with head,tail, left to right cross, and right to left cross.
It was a good 2 hrs of launching practice. After I get done I always make notes in a small sprial note pad for future reference.

I got a chance to flex down on my current course archrival yesterday. I made my statement with birdies on 6 of the last 9. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know we're archrivals, but it's hard to tell what he's thinking behind that alligator smile of his.

I got a chance to flex down on my current course archrival yesterday. I made my statement with birdies on 6 of the last 9. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know we're archrivals, but it's hard to tell what he's thinking behind that alligator smile of his.
That's cool you live in Japan!
It's always good to show people up. I love when I get the chance to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts