• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goofed off at the local course and helped teach a guy how to play the game. He's played maybe 4-5 times and he's already hooked!

well my dx aviar got ran over. god ****ing dammit. flies normal. but the bottom looks like i drug it behind my car for an hour. rough as a shot of rail vodka. still managed to park a 250 footer with it. and another downhill hyzer.

compared stalker and teebirds. no more than 1O feet apart on either of them. throw them a touch over 3OO. so stalker is staying in the bag since i know there decently consistent on manufacturing. and no outta production premiums.

also i realized when i slow my roll and dont try to 200% power it i throw much smoother and farther and more consistent. and also i loosened my wrist for more of a snap. got more d. good day.

besides my driving putter. im kinda bitter, that prick coulda avoided it. i thought they missed it until i finally picked it up.

lol bummer about the aviar still gave me a good laugh thanks.

Stalkers are legit. glad it sounds like things are coming together.

#ROLLERNATION

My game has gone into the tank a bit the last few rounds. Tonight I discovered that I'm falling back into the habit of pulling the disc through way too far away from my chest, and that's where my distance has gone.

This is my first full season. I'm finding that there is still a lot of thinking that goes into a good throw, and if I let up I start to forget the basics and have to begin over again.

compared stalker and teebirds. no more than 1O feet apart on either of them. throw them a touch over 3OO. so stalker is staying in the bag since i know there decently consistent on manufacturing. and no outta production premiums.

also i realized when i slow my roll and dont try to 200% power it i throw much smoother and farther and more consistent. and also i loosened my wrist for more of a snap. got more d. good day.

Man, I am right there with you, I can get my Stalker way farther than most of my discs just by throwing it clean and smooth. My furthest so far with it was about 320' and I felt like I didn't even put much on that throw.

Played my first ever round of glow golf on a course I'd only played once a while back. Only had 3 glow discs (chief/buzz/sidewinder). No issues with the chief & buzz, but man was the glow sidewinder more stable than my now seasoned star sidewinders. It really messed with me not having a disc I could turn on command for line shaping.

Overall I did ok considering it was glow and you couldn't see all the trees - but that made it more interesting. Oddly enough I did better on tight holes which required me to focus on hitting a line (unless I needed that turn...) as I could focus on that and let the rest take care of itself. On more open holes I really struggled with ranging shots with so little reference.

Played my first ever round of glow golf on a course I'd only played once a while back. Only had 3 glow discs (chief/buzz/sidewinder). No issues with the chief & buzz, but man was the glow sidewinder more stable than my now seasoned star sidewinders. It really messed with me not having a disc I could turn on command for line shaping.

Overall I did ok considering it was glow and you couldn't see all the trees - but that made it more interesting. Oddly enough I did better on tight holes which required me to focus on hitting a line (unless I needed that turn...) as I could focus on that and let the rest take care of itself. On more open holes I really struggled with ranging shots with so little reference.

yeah man i wrote a thread on variations of champ sidewinders. there are some really stable ones that will fade decent too

yeah man i wrote a thread on variations of champ sidewinders. there are some really stable ones that will fade decent too

Yeah I've seen that thread. Now that I've played a bit with it I think i'll be throwing the glow sidewinder into my bag for when I need a lot more stability. Definitely very useful - just not what I was really expecting nor want for a primary driver. I knew it'd be more stable but didn't think it'd be THAT much more stable. Now to beat it a bit and I'm hoping it'll settle into a very sweet spot that is similar to where my stars started out (they are now getting flippy).

Yeah I've seen that thread. Now that I've played a bit with it I think i'll be throwing the glow sidewinder into my bag for when I need a lot more stability. Definitely very useful - just not what I was really expecting nor want for a primary driver. I knew it'd be more stable but didn't think it'd be THAT much more stable. Now to beat it a bit and I'm hoping it'll settle into a very sweet spot that is similar to where my stars started out (they are now getting flippy).

champ doesnt beat in any where near as fast as star.

last sw i had was a stiff flat newer run. dead straight (no turn in sight) with healthy fade at the end. current star sw are good. little season on them and they fly true. and dx is just wtf flippy. gstarrr is pretty damm flippy outta the box. between star and dx but closer to the dx side but still can put all your mustard on it

Last night was a freaking rollercoaster.
White Cedar handicapped leagues, and I'm in a group with two other guys. One has the 3 tag, I have the 6, and the other has the 45. The first few holes I end up a quick 2 strokes back of the leader. All of a sudden in a few holes I've gotten the lead off of some awesome upshots and a nice park job on Hole 7. Hole 10 comes around (uphill, dogleg right over a ridge and way up a creek bed, par 4 material) and I hit a tree on my layup shot and kick left. From where I'm at there is a skinny hyzer lane or a straight up flick shot uphill slightly. Of course I take the hyzer with my Motion and end up within 25'. The one guy I'm going for left his bag on while putting and missed a drop in putt. The next hole I misplay my drive and take an easy 3. Guy misses 2 putts for a 5 and I've got a 5 stroke lead all of a sudden.
We both birdie 12, he gets a stroke on 13, pars on 14, pars on 15 and then 16.....
Hole 16 is the 'Gorge Hole' long pin is dog leg right across a huge ravine 300' across. I've seen it parked once on a crazy sky anny shot. I flip my drive over and have to fight to get to the top. I end up under a tree and flub my flick approach. (At this point I think I was rushing too much. Should have slowed down.) I miss my 5 putt and have to settle for a 6 while guy takes a 3.
Hole 17 we both par.
Hole 18 I put my approach shot just 35' too short and missed the putt while he took a 3 to tie it up. Dang. I'm still pretty happy with a +6 on the Cedar. I ended up taking a tie for first with an Even handicapped.

I decided to play Mae Simmons in Lubbock this morning instead of my usual course and boy I threw bad. Mae has a lot of trees and I think I hit every single one of them twice. Lost my newest disc (Pink Z Zombee) and scored 18 over par. I still had a blast!

Got 9 holes in today on the red layout. Used my lawnmower as a cart. Beautiful day out there, started with 2s on 1,2,3, and 5 - parred the rest for a -4, only my 4th round in the last 8 weeks and not quite my best round on one leg. But, it was my first deuce on hole 5 with one leg, and I believe it was my first from a standstill. Historically I've always done a runup with a roc. Today I used a dx teebird from a standstill - also likely my longest throw since I broke my foot at 250' (exactly 0 elevation gain/loss, light breeze). The lawnmower doesn't make the best cart, tough getting off and on, but I'm definitely less tired than if I would have walked the entire round.

threw awful.

however was spot on with my putters which is weird. but not my other discs

it's been weird acclimating to a midday/night schedule again, but i got in 12 holes at kaposia which was nice.

gave the dx gazelle trial by fire and i clicked with it instantly. didn't have a bad shot with it, not even my first shot. like it a lot more than the teebird, not missing it whatsoever. allows me to play placement golf at almost a full rip, don't have to worry about being too OS or flipping and not coming back as in the case of the dx TB/beaten gstar and gets me the extra distance i want out of my rocs. i have a feeling the roc is going to see a whooooole lot less action. it still has its place, it's just a much smaller place.

also finally got to cut the giant loose on the two longer holes, definitely a glide machine that holds up to full power.

Started off with a couple birdies, then the sun went behind the bluff, and my drives lost their mojo. Ended up -2, but it could have been so much better had we started earlier. Conditions were perfect around 3 pm today, sunny windless, t-shirt weather.

I need to start with yesterday. Now I usually play by myself. But yesterday I spotted my older brother on the course with a few of his friends. He has been playing for 6 years, and throws his Eagle further than most throw their Boss. I'm pretty new, but can hit 420' on a good throw, and generally do pretty well.
Yesterday, playing with actual people who I knew were far better than me I wanted to make a good impression, and did just the opposite. I had some of the worst shots of my life. I had some good holes too. And I actually scored better than everyone on a few holes. All in all I finished +7, one friend + 3, my brother +2, and his other buddy mark won at +1. It was very frustrating, and made me realize I need to play with people so I don't choke when I actually play a tourny.

TODAY: I started badly, and the frustration continued. Bogied 1,2, and 3. I took a few moments, and just chilled out. I came back with a par on 4, the birdied 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, and 15. I got another bogey on 18 because I missed my putt. But finished -4, and feel pretty damn good about it.

Some days are a struggle to get through, but then you birdie the last three holes and it becomes a pretty good day.

Doubles last night was a bunch of fun! It was the second really nice day we've had (shorts and tshirt weather!!) in a row and today is looking just as good!
The round went pretty well, my partner and I finished -3. What really stood out for me during the round was throwing my new Star Destroyer I traded for this past weekend. This disc is amazing. Its really working out to be like a longer Volt for me. It can handle a ton of power on any release angle and will hold it.

I had a weird day today. The first round I shot an abysmal +14. Then the second round I shot a -2. lol. A 16 stroke improvement. The second score is pretty much my average on the course. I don't know what happened the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts