• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Sleepy Hollow. 2" of snow on top of the last icy melt. Teepads are the shortest anywhere on a good day, but I had a hard time finding them at all. I could not trust planting my foot to drive and it took half the round to remember how to putt. :/

I started playing lefty with my disc bro because my right shoulder is out of commission from surgery (I'm right handed). I played slightly better than bogie (I think I threw about 6 pars). My biggest problem is putting left handed; all my puts wobble horribly and I can't get myself to release flat. Frustrating missing 50% of shots 10 feet and out.

It was a windy day at the Showa monthly league, but I managed to beat out the course lefty for second place. It turns out we both throw a lot of the same discs, which makes me hate him even more. It was like when Milhouse meets the Shelbyville Milhouse for the first time. Saying the word radical and throwing Firebirds is my thing!!!!

Teebirds and tesla and giant came through strong yesterday along with my rocs. Polecat and patriot had an off day though. Same with my putting. Finished -3 at the valley in random dubs.

Missed some easy birdies and had some stupid bogies on the easy course (finished -2) and then shot the best round I ever have on the tough course (finished -4). Overall a good day.

Played in a blizzard during our weekly league this morning. Had fun, but shot poorly due to conditions.

Played in a blizzard during our weekly league this morning. Had fun, but shot poorly due to conditions.

Same! Ice forming on my beard and eyebrows, good times.

Shot okay - not okay vs good weather, but decent compared to the league. Left with tag #2. Pretty much threw a GStar T3, Suspect and Wizard all round - none of which are part of my normal bag.

Snow on the ground and slushy teepads but the weather was nice – mid 30s, light wind – so plenty of people out discing, jogging, walking dogs, and hiking.

I played OK – I am getting more nose-down on my drives, and quite a few drives nose-dived into the ground (especially with a tailwind). Clearly I need to recalibrate height. I did have some some nice drives when I got the height right, and it is definitely easier to hold anny lines with the nose down.

Best holes were #13C and 14D. On 13 the Theory (real drive) and Alias (tester) landed side-by-side at the turn, and then the Hatchet held a perfect line down the dogleg for a drop-in three. On #14 my drive landed short of the opening to the woods, and then the Alias sneaked through the gap leaving a 25-footer for three.

My favorite drive was on #25, a 325-foot downhill right-turner. After sending the Inertia way past the basket I threw a practice drive with the Theory. I started the Theory down the left side of the fairway and it flattened out and then held a gorgeous slow drift right all the way to the ground, finishing about 30' short of the basket.

That is a midrange line I have been missing, the slow right turn that holds to the ground.

I TD'd a Superclass Ice Bowl today - Super Bowl Sunday - and played the first 18 holes (twice around 9 holes). I shot -10 with my Zephyr and had a blast. I was in 3rd, two out of first but didn't play the final 9 so I could set up the prize raffle. We finished the raffle with lots of spare time before the football game.

Fun wins! And we raised a bunch of cash for the food bank. :clap:

Played two round yesterday. Morning round was singles and shot two strokes better then my average. Second around was at doubles. We were out of the cash after missing a few easy birdies and preceded to call that I was going to get an ace on hole 18. Let my flx buzz fly. turned around and told the guys it was long and left. One of them takes three steps forward over the hill and tells me its in. 240 feet for a 50.00 pay day. more cash then first place got this week.

Overall my game was not the best it could have been but I did manage to hit a 263' Ace so I've got that going for me .

Field work today because of my crazy school schedule. But the more I throw, the more I pick up and get better. Today was rollin rollin rollin day. I got one to go about 375 feet. Happy with that but 400+ is my next roll goal.

Squeezed in about 13 holes at lunch today. Weather was ridiculously gorgeous – mid 40s, sunny and breezy. I was working on some things with my throw, so between that and the breeze I was turning over Hatchets and Inertias like a mofo.

FD just kept flying straight, regardless. Good old reliable FD. :D

Played a 3 disc round with a friend yesterday at Shelton Springs DGC. We played from the Black/PRO tee pads (par 63). I played with a Glow Cal-tooled TeeBird, a perfectly seasoned KC Pro Roc, and a Yeti (I normally putt with a Yeti, but I used a backup putter so I could use carefreely use it for upshots). I shot a 58! Might end up shooting more 3 disc rounds!

Took wed. off due to hitting two deer on the way into work. So with all my time off I did get to shoot a personal best round of 58 at Grand Central Station (posted par 61). All and all a good day. Just have to keep reminding my self that I need to play the smart upshots and not run everything 150 feet and out for a long birdy.

Played 72 holes yesterday (3 rounds on one course, 1 on another) and set personal bests on both. The courses were 5000ft below where I usually play in elevation but this was good prep for some upcoming tournaments. Despite the fact that the rounds were personal bests I could have easily cut some dumb bogies and birdied a few more holes.

Went to the local pitch and putt course for field work. Shot -2, -1 and -4. The scores aren't important, my putting form is and I think it is getting better. Just have to replicate my putting today on the 18+ hole major courses. And SLOW DOWN and FOCUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts