• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how often I play in the wind, I think I did pretty well at +2. Lots of non-wind related silly mistakes though.

I got my GL Pure and Moonshine River in the mail today, so I put together my all Trilogy bag and went out to throw a course I play quite a bit. Due to timing of picking up a friend and a traffic accident we detoured and played a different course that I haven't played in a year instead. We got through 12 holes and I finished with 1 birdie, 2 bogies and one double bogie on a par 4 when I got stuck in really thick jail. All in all I was pretty happy with how I played considering I've been throwing an all MVP bag lately so I wasn't exactly used to any of the discs or the course.

Knnobley Mt. DGC

Hadn't played at all in three weeks and felt like playing since it was a great day today... 50 degrees and sunny.

I was very pleased with the results. My all around game was solid and my putting was better than usual. Maybe I just needed a little break.

Shot within 2 throws of the course record from both the Red and Orange tees, -4 and -2 respectively. I can live with that. :)

Hit a cub ace on a newly discovered course today. The course itself was god-awful, but a local assured me that the monthy league events were a lot more creative than the regular layout. I guess I'll have to find out for myself one of these days.

Awful. First PDGA of the year and I completely fell apart. Withdrew from the tournament after the second round. Going to take some time to think about why I play this game and if I want to keep pouring money into PDGA events. Really a bad day. Lost 4 discs into the water of a course I play well at all the time. One of those days as an Am that I sit back and say "Well I just paid $50 for a $15 disc". Sad.

Today was a pretty good day for me, especially as I'm testing out a new putter, the atom. It was also windier than normal, but I played with no bogies over 27 holes and finished -12 for the day. I even managed to park a ~460' hole, and hit some extremely solid putts. I even nailed a 40' putt into a head/crosswind on an elevated basket. All in all, I played a quite good day of golf for me, though on courses that are fairly easy and familiar to me.

Bummer to hear about your rough day banger, I've been having a streak of those lately; oddly right until I broke my thumb on my off hand. Since then I've been playing strangely well.

Played 18+ at Patapsco Valley to practice for a 2-disc ice bowl tomorrow, 7,884 feet from the "short" tees to long baskets. 162 Neutron Inertia will be my driver. Debating between the Harp and a fresh Gravity Clutch for putting and approaching.

Forecast for the "ice" bowl is sunny, calm, and 54F. Many teepads were ice sheets today, so they may be mud pits tomorrow.

Took a while to get dialed in today, but I had nice drives for easy(ish) 3s on the last few holes I played - #8, 9, 10, and 18. Three is always a good score on the long baskets at Patapsco.

Played Mason sports for the first time today. Very awesome nine hole course. Was rather proud to birdie 3,7, and 9 for my first time playing it. Hit most of my putts in the circle. Playing near a small stream is very soothing. Ran into about 30 ducks on the water, but they let me play through. Really enjoyed getting out there. I also played Turtlecreek but the woods were more like a swamp. Had some good flicks. I didn't throw anything faster than a River today and didn't concern myself with my form. My priority was enjoying the weather and having fun.

Attachments

• IMG_20150207_130348992.jpg
    IMG_20150207_130348992.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20150207_130651426.jpg
    IMG_20150207_130651426.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Been a while since I've had a chance to throw any thing due to weather, work, and other commitments.
Had, like, 40 days and nights of rain, all the air breathers been lookin for the Arc, 2x2.
One local dry course, well, reasonably dry.
Nobody there, me and one other guy.
Started slow, but drained a 40' putt in front of an innocent onlooker with my Creamsicle Ridge, all hung up in the chains like a fly in a spider web.
Then, punched my ridiculously flippy Northman out to new territory on the longest hole on the course with a graceful hyzer flip that looked like I wasn't even trying.
Skip metal hit on the last hole, and numerous dueces means I gotta got back out tomorrow, even if I gotta use SCUBA gear to play.

Got out and tried out a few new discs. The wind was terrible but I was able to fight against it. Didn't really keep score since I was throwing 2-3 drives trying out new discs. Teebird, Wraith, and Beast were all awesome. Tried the Blizzard Krait, but it wasn't in the cards because of the wind. Overall felt pretty good.

Played my first round of Charlotte area DG at Bradford park yesterday. Didn't play so well, just pumped to be exploring new courses in my new area.

Going to play Bailey today

Awful. First PDGA of the year and I completely fell apart. Withdrew from the tournament after the second round. Going to take some time to think about why I play this game and if I want to keep pouring money into PDGA events. Really a bad day. Lost 4 discs into the water of a course I play well at all the time. One of those days as an Am that I sit back and say "Well I just paid $50 for a $15 disc". Sad.

I had a good sleep. Glad I withdrew from the tournament. Shouldn't have signed up for it in the first place. Wasn't ready. Time to hit the reset button. Next tourney is 5 weeks out. Pushing forward. :D

Pretty well. Threw -7 at acorn, was at -10 on track for 11 and just let how good I was doing get in my head. Started shanking drives and missing putts, but still a personal best!

Got in 2 rounds in great weather. Played well. Need to practice putting. Missed some 15-20 footers that would have made it a great round.

Well, it was a good day for bad golf. :)

^^^This!

Played up and down at a two-disc ice bowl today. Putting and standstill recovery shots were great, but my downfall was driving off the tee. Between slippery tee pads and reworking my grip and run-up, drives alternated between beautiful and "Oh my gawd what did I just do?"

Worst hole: #8 is a 430' dogleg left off a big hill. I just missed my line and the disc redirected off a tree, headed left with undiminished velocity, and glided an amazing distance into a valley filled with mature trees way off the fairway. After exploring parts of the course previously undisturbed by disc-bearing humans, I eventually rejoined civilization and finished with a 6.

Best throw: #13 is a 441' S-curve. Tee shot hit an early tree (noticing a trend?), leaving a long step-out backhand anny that somehow missed a million trees and ended up parked on a fast green. Completely ridiculous.

Cardmates were enjoyable, weather was gorgeous, and I had a blast despite my mediocre score.

We had our local Ice Bowl this weekend at a golf course with temporary baskets set up. On the plus side, had alot of fun and it was a really cool course. On the downside, the combination of high winds, decent amount of OB, and my inability to play that day, I had my worst tournament round ever and the overall worst round I can remember having. My drives were erratic, I wasn't reading the wind well, and I completely lost my putting a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to find it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.