• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played three rounds of nine. The last round I had a couple of the STUPIDEST bogies ever, so I was up two. Hole 7, 190', I took a straighter approach through the woods instead of the typical flick left to right through the tree tunnel, and threaded the needle, and parked it. And on the looooong hole 9, my approach ended up about 35' too far past the basket, and I just threw the best putt I've thrown in awhile, and just sank it. With the way my putting has been recently, that was a huge spirit lifter, and put me back at even. And guess what??? I did a little putting practice today - what a straaaangeeee coincidence!

+4 at home course Highland Hills KY. The course needs an update bad. I got in touch with the city at the start of spring and they said improvements were in the works, but nothing yet. Double bogey on 8 with two basket bricks from 20 and two roll aways hurt me. All but two of my drives were spot on. Was short on 4 and hit a tree on 9. Had a good birdie look at 2, 3, and long look at 5. Wish I could drive like I was today all the time. My Valkyrie was the disc of the day for me.

Also played Woodland on Friday. Didn't track score. Demoed a Discraft Glide for the first time that I picked up on the cheap in the classifieds. Pretty nice standstill anny disc.

+3. I was even until the last 3 holes, came to a very possible birdie hole and over thought it into the woods and took +2 on the hole.

I did have a great shot with my Alias though. Came up to a group who let me play through. I threw a high hyzer that came sliding in less than 10' from the basket. I usually try too hard and do something stupid when a group of strangers is watching, so that felt good.

Also played Woodland on Friday. Didn't track score. Demoed a Discraft Glide for the first time that I picked up on the cheap in the classifieds. Pretty nice standstill anny disc.

I love my Glide. When I was dealing with a shoulder injury a couple weeks ago it gave me some great straight shots when I was lacking power. When I'm healthy it's a great get out of trouble disc.

Had a great day at Blue Ribbon Pines, MN. Shot better than my last time there so no complaints. The weather was perfect for a round. Good friends and beautiful course.

Q2 Round 2 Port City Disc Golf League. First ever sanctioned round at Joe Eakes Park in Kure Beach, NC. Shot a (-4) 57 (rated 941) and finished 3rd earning $10 and 9 pts. Scrambled well and putted well but not enough birdies on the par 4 holes to catch the leader.

Bagged another course today, played around a lake which is always scenic. Nailed some big putts, losing a little D on my drives though. Oregon golf is technical, and beautiful.

Como Lake: 53(-3)

Ellicott Creek: 45(-9) Lowest 18 hole round to date.

Best score at the first course...then the rest of the day was ok, but not great. Putting kind of abandoned me, but the drives were decent.

Interesting day today. Distance was down. Accuracy was up. Generally played quite well with the increased accuracy but left a few drives short so lost a few strokes there. Putting was ok, not great.

Played Turtle Rock (a great course) for the first time in two years. It's a shame it isn't a little closer but well worth the trip. Missed out on a few birdies, but played consistent. Ended up tagging along with a bunch of guys from out of town that will be playing in my division at the next tournament, which was cool. Finished at +2 for the round, but I can shave 4-5 strokes off that score.

Played Turtle Rock (a great course) for the first time in two years. It's a shame it isn't a little closer but well worth the trip. Missed out on a few birdies, but played consistent. Ended up tagging along with a bunch of guys from out of town that will be playing in my division at the next tournament, which was cool. Finished at +2 for the round, but I can shave 4-5 strokes off that score.

Love Turtle Rock! Not good enough to play it alone as I lose too many disc there but love the course.

Just had my one year disc golf anniversary last weekend and got to throw with my friend who introduced me to the sport.

I still learn every day I play, I haven't reached all my goals and I'm just starting to play in competitions but ive had a few good rounds as the weather has started to get warm and nice and I've come a long way in the last year.

-2 at SeaTac and -6 yesterday at Auburn White River from the blue tees. a big part of my recent improvement is from putting, gettin really good at turnovers, and getting better at reading wind.

Played dubs in sh*t rain yesterday. Drove pretty well but couldn't get my puts off of the nubs at the top of the baskets. 6 missed puts hit the mach 2 nubs. better than low at the cage but daaaang maing, that's frustrating. We finished 2nd, 2 off the leaders.

Played yesterday, felt like I threw well, but I was a tree magnet. Heavily wooded home course decided to make me pay. My score sucked but I actually PLAYED well, just a few too many trees jumped out and put themselves in the discs paths ;) Recovery shots, up shots and putting were solid.

Played in the BG Amateurs in the Recreational division. Shot +9 for the tournament to finish 12th in pool H, 72nd overall. I'm happy with that but still could have shot better. A few missed shots here and there could have made a big difference. I'm very happy that I shot 17 strokes better than last year, 18 shots better over the last 3rds compared to last year.

Just got done w nine holes. Played quite consistently, which I think is my biggest issue. Also putted pretty darn good, minus my final putt of the day which hit the top of the basket, but I'll make an excuse and say it was the lighting - the sun had barely been lighting anything when I started the round at 8pm haha. Now its off to work blauurggghh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts