• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played pretty well at Castle Hayne in Wilmington, played the front nine twice. +1 first time, even second time. Made some long putts to save par a few times. Had some crappy drives that I had to scramble to save par but I felt really good about the outcome. On a brighter note I found a Buzz today, no ink, looks like it was thrown maybe two rounds.

played a doubles tourney with my brother at hyland on the minnesota majestic layout. threw even the whole round until temp hole 24 where both of our lines ended up worst case. ended +1 and left, will have to check out the scoreboard later this weekend. we both played well though, we only both had to putt like 4 times. guys on our card flew in from chicago and ended up -10, they were pretty experienced tourney players and one of the dudes threw LHBH so they had some killer opportunities.

i started using my birdie bag for the first time on #18, what a fantastic product. random dirt and sand is no match. overall had a blast, happy we were carded up with the people we were, one of their wives kept score/ announced distances/ spotted and was immensely helpful. slightly awkward because i didnt formally meet him, but Mr. Cgkdisc joined our group for the last few holes, hit some sweet lines, and threw first so we could see the wind. i threw ob every hole we played with him.. good day.

Had an OK round. Shot a 61(par 54), which is a decent score for me, especially from the longs. What really sucks is that I "lost" the disc I've thrown the longest; my TM2 Vision. I didn't lose it, but it is stuck in a tree, and there's no way I could get it down. I had it in my bag for about a year. :|

Oh well. I have four more, so now I can enjoy breaking another one into fliptastic goodness. :thmbup:

Rough day today: Threw a 62 (granted it was on a course I'd never played before, that has nothing to do with my poor approach and putting game today) in the weekly mini I run. I have now dropped down to bag tag #22... I was #10 just over a week ago.

Hot & Cold

Played the Red 9 at Knobley Mt. Shot 6 birdies and 2 bogies. I'll take the 4 under, but could really have done without a really bad approach that cost me a throw on #4 and an OB drive that cost me another on #7.

Did have a nice 30+', under branches, uphill putt/approach for birdie on #3 and was just 1-2' low from hitting an ace on #9.

Good times!

Set a course record with a 5 under on a 9 hole course here in Korea...would have been 6 down easily but I went OB on hole 7....oh well...next time I'll just have to shatter my own record!

First PDGA win!!

Finally won the old "move up" rec division on the one-year anniversary of my first ever event. Blew the early lead like I usually do and was resigned to another 2nd or 3rd place finish when I was down 3 on the 36th tee box. I carded a simple par 3 and the leader blew up with a 6... no penalty!!!

Won the playoff on the 3rd hole and walked away with $147 voucher. Added $3 cash and I now have my 2nd practice basket as the Innova Discatcher was on sale for $150.

SO yeah... I'm on cloud nine and moving back up to the tough Advanced Masters division now that I have a win under my belt.

You got $147 voucher for winning Rec? Wow, that's not bad! Congrats!

You got $147 voucher for winning Rec? Wow, that's not bad! Congrats!

Disc Golf Monkey has the best payouts around. Why? Players pack is NOT subtracted from entry fee, so 85% of all the money paid out in C-Tier, 100% in B-tier. The clubs on the Going Bananas Tour all raise money from local sponsors to cover the cost of the players pack. Then $500 was added and since it didn't have to go into the Pro pool, Russ divides it among all divisions based on # players in each division.

So yeah... great payouts as always. I'm hoping to have $1000 cash added to our C-Tier in October. We'll see.

I sucked. I've only played 3 times, but just can't seem to get a consistent throw. Practice, practice, practice..... just sucks when my buddies with me play so much better.

Not too good today. Me and my partner came in 2nd in a doubles tournament earlier,but it wasn't pretty.

I couldn't hit a putt to save my life and he kept hitting trees. If it weren't for some of the park jobs we did we wouldn't have shot 13 under par.

Besides that it was a great day out. Really nice weather today.

I think its time for me to retire. I will never top the round I had today. Ten down in round 2 to win am 1.

Wow. I am pretty confident that I will never win in MA1 as long as I live. Feels pretty good, huh?

Shot a -7 yesterday! (9 hole course).

Never mind that it was on a pitch-n-putt, with all the holes less than 150'...

Status
Not open for further replies.