• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My journey of lowering my PDGA rating continues with a typical garbage performance at my favorite tournament of the year. Another day where I wonder why I pay money to hang out with strangers and throw plastic in the woods. Not sure if I can turn this around.

2 rounds at my home course. From the whites - 1 off my personal best. Fairly average to start but finished strong. Left a few putts out there though.

From the blues - meh. Average round overall. I made a few (bad) mistakes off the box on holes I normally don't struggle with that lead to some bogies. Did have one huge hole on #3. 675' par 4. Requires a monster turnover on the drive (dogleg right with OB left) which I crushed further than ever before. Then a FH approach that has to fade up into the woods. Left that 40' out and uphill. Got excited as soon as it left my hand and it held exactly as I envisioned. Sweet. Nothing like getting that first ever bird on a hole. I *almost* got #18 as well for the first time. 633' wide open but basket is on a large mound that makes the approach interesting. Left my 2nd drive at the base of the hill and tickled chains on a ~40' uphill putt. So close. It is nice to know that hole is now in striking distance - just need to execute.

My journey of lowering my PDGA rating continues with a typical garbage performance at my favorite tournament of the year. Another day where I wonder why I pay money to hang out with strangers and throw plastic in the woods. Not sure if I can turn this around.

Stay strong brother. Sounds like you are having the same type of the year as am I. Worst one yet.

But it's got to get better right?

Played well. 2 rounds at Beaver Island from the whites. Beat my personal bet by 2 shots on the second round. Didn't have any spectacular shots, but played solid and made some, putts. One round Como from the whites, again solid, and hit some putts when I had to. Getting more consistent and more confident in my putting game.

Played Patapsco short to long with the homeboys. Drives were decent, upshots were pretty good, and putting is starting to come back. Overall pretty encouraging. I will play again Monday night, and then rest up for a five day disc golf road trip. Can't wait!

Finished up a tourney at a course that doesn't yet exist on DGCR. The weather was great, the cards were fun, and my tournement disc set up superb. This was and will continue to be probably my most well rounded set up I've ever assembled. My confidence in it couldn't have been higher.

Placed 3rd out of 12 people in Open at this B tier, which was really awesome, but didn't get payed out for some reason. Disc golf abroad is not as romantic as one might think. I'm always trying to figure out if I'm getting screwed and by how much.

Course pretty crowded, played solo.
Lost bright colored disc in plain sight on the first hole.
20 minutes of weed whacking later, with help, literally on top of it, disc is found.
Driving was lackluster, at best.

Hole 6, average drive leaves an uphill 50 footer. Choice is extreme hyzer around trees, or straight, through a 6 foot wide gap, between two trees, halfway to the basket.

I choose the straight route with the XD. Thought it was going right, but then it got stopped, by the chains. Ka ching.
Take my time picking up my mark, looking around, hoping for a clap.
Nothing. Not a soul in sight.

Next hole, drive hyzers out short and right, on a sidehill. Basket is 75 feet away, around a tree directly in front of me, and into a gap between a giant tree and another slope.
Pull out the Proto Wedge, anny release, run out to see where it goes.
Ka ching again ! Nuthin but net.
Same procedure, take a million years to pick up mini. Not a soul. :doh:
Also punched out my best tunnel drive ever on the 357' pathway hole, leaving a realistic putt, which I did not make, but know I can if I can continue to drive this far.
Went home with every disc I brought, which was a challenge due to the undergrowth.

First ace, won random dubs, with course record tying score, after a one hole playoff. Granted, my partner was one of the top players in the state but dammit, I got an ace!

I only played 9 holes today, but its great how my confidence come back in my putts. I was 6 down for 9, carrying my minimal bag not knowing some pins were moved long. I hit metal for my 2 on 2 of the 3 holes I didn't birdie, both from 30-40'. I don't care if my drives are on or not when I can walk away from a round and not be unhappy with a single putt.

Really bummed out today.

I'm pretty bad, and have been doing some field work to get my game up to respectable standards. However, I still don't see too much improvement and just feel hopeless at the end usually. To top it all off, I also managed to lose a disc today while finishing up on the field. Seriously considering just cutting my losses and quitting the game, as it hasn't been any fun for a while.

We had a mini today at a ball golf course near my place. Started at 4pm and had 60ppl show up(not expected). No one has played the course and it was set up that day. The course was set up really long. At least 6 holes over 700ft. They gave us carts and closed the back 9 for disc golf.

I ended up winning shooting a 9 under in a 3 way tie for first. Won the ctp playoff. It was a good Tuesday.

Played the 1st 12 at University of OB. Didn't even keep score, as the point was practice, so extra throws on most holes. I had some terrible holes, however, had my best initial drives (only 1 disc thrown) yet on 5 through 9. Those tee shots did what I intended, flying the way they should, and making respectable (for me) distance, including my 1st time getting a RHBH (rather than FH) across the valley and safely on the island on 7. :D

Otoh, much worse than usual on approach and putting, so not keeping score was for the best.... :eek:

I played doubles last night and our team hit five birdies on the back nine at Little Creek in South Charleston. It was enough to get second place and put me in the top three for our league! Now I gotta build on the lead as I'll be missing a few weeks for vacation this summer...

Too many trees last night at leagues. Putted ok but didn't leave myself enough chances.

Had a great practice round, threw almost half my bag on many holes. Really have got my discs dialed in in my mind, knowing almost exactly what each one will do.

And the icing on the round was on hole 8 when my teeshot skipped off the top of the basket. No ace, but soooooo darn close, and every exciting. It'll happen soon...

Really bummed out today.

I'm pretty bad, and have been doing some field work to get my game up to respectable standards. However, I still don't see too much improvement and just feel hopeless at the end usually. To top it all off, I also managed to lose a disc today while finishing up on the field. Seriously considering just cutting my losses and quitting the game, as it hasn't been any fun for a while.

Hey man, don't give up, giving up is one of the worst things you can do. Maybe take a break for a few days, keep watching videos, doing drills, it doesn't come overnight. Man I sucked so hard when I first started, now looking back, I can't believe some of the things I did, I actually thought would work :gross:

I had a 'Meh' round till hole 7, then I learned how to properly putt again. Birdied 7 of the remaining holes for a total score of -5, thanks to two OB shots.

Ups and downs. Shot a 55 with six 2's on the card, four par 4s though. Finished the round with four birdies in a row, some of which I deserved and a couple I had no business getting!

Broke my home course record, w a -3! And all my putts were made when it counted! My confidence is up heading out to Highbridge tomarrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.