• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in small Memorial Day tournament run by the veterans outreach program of a one of our local universities. It was very well run, and the coolest part was that there were 15 wounded warriors playing. We each were given a dog tag with a fallen serviceman's name to wear during play. It definitely put things in perspective.

I played in the advanced division and won by two strokes. It felt good knowing that I have only been back in the game 3 months and am back to my old form, in some ways better. Also beating and outdriving guys half my age didn't feel bad either :)

Well got 2.5 days off from work (usually only get Sundays). Played the new pipe line course on Saturday. Not too bad of play, not my best round. Sunday missed winning doubles by one stroke. Played another local course and won the handy cap dollar a stroke singles with one of the local pros by one stroke. Then played a fun round of tuff shot with the fellas. Fun thinking of all the par threes as par fours. Monday made a trip down to Lula GA- not my best two rounds but I did squeak out a couple strokes better then my first round. We always seem to forget to pack food and run out of energy that second round. Man am I sunburned. O-yeah lost my dang fire bird throwing rollers in the chicken coop hole. I forgot to pick it up when we went to the next hole. Went back and it was gone.

Had a chance meeting to play a round with a PDGA Hall of Famer (3x World champion, Masters) Stan McDaniel today. He was 6 or 7 under par, I was 4 to 5 over but hit a 70 ft flick and a 45 ft flick to save pars which elicited nice shots from him; just hit too many trees along the way. Was great to play with the guy.

Played in the heat today, which I keep telling myself I won't do again, yet it was the only hour I had in the week to play...so out I went. My round suffered from it. My putting was really atrocious. I cost myself several strokes including two birdie opportunities. It was sort of a forgettable round, but it felt good to toss a few discs, ESPECIALLY since the course was nearly empty. :thmbup:

Played Idlewild for leagues tonight and had one of those miserable tee shots followed by a "Did that just happen?" shot. On the creek hole (16), I drilled the tree in the very center of the picture off the tee, and my disc flopped left to the peninsula left at the bend of the creek. Had no room to step into my throw, yet lasered my River into the chains for a deuce from nearly 200 feet. Definitely my highlight of the year so far.
e708a106.jpg

Played yesterday at the Torch Lake DGC in Lake Linden, MI. As a beginner, I got my best score on that course yesterday (too embarrassed to actually type it out...)! I got three pars on holes 11, 13, and 14! Slowly improving and enjoying the sport more and more!

Played yesterday at the Torch Lake DGC in Lake Linden, MI. As a beginner, I got my best score on that course yesterday (too embarrassed to actually type it out...)! I got three pars on holes 11, 13, and 14! Slowly improving and enjoying the sport more and more!

Awesome on the pars! I still have trouble not bogeying some average par 3's sometimes.

Played a practice round, then a keep-score round, ended up -2 on my local nine holer. Can't complain. Excited to help out with the new Porcupine Mountains DGC tomarrow!

Played only 9 holes today at Torch Lake DGC. I tied my personal best! A couple of the further holes (i.e., holes two and four), I am getting bogeys on now! Pretty pumped about it!!

DG wise - meh - too many OB strokes and lost a disc. :(

But - it was beautiful out, I escaped work early, and met up with a traveling DGCR member for a round and to do a trade - so all in all a good day.

Saw some nodoe arm newb's on the course today. They had the most random discs they'd picked up on Amazon with no clue how to use them.

Player A) Sonic, Pro Roc,
Player B) DX Gator (putter), Pro Roc, and Pro Wraith.

The pair looked lost, so showed them the ropes. I gave them some throwing tips, and let them try some of my discs. By the end of the rounds they weren't looking quite as turrible. During the 2 rounds I threw there were 3 times the basket was hit and 3 times on pole. Great drives hurrible putting.

Played great for once. Birdied first four holes at Armco Park White Course. Played pretty steady rest of the round and ended up -4 on the par 59 19 hole course. 6 birdies and 2 bogeys.

DG wise - meh - too many OB strokes and lost a disc. :(

But - it was beautiful out, I escaped work early, and met up with a traveling DGCR member for a round and to do a trade - so all in all a good day.

Went back and found it. Score. I was bummed too as it was my brand new FAF firebird.

And...on a golf note. 2 rounds today. 1 off my personal best (4 strokes better than yesterday) from the longs. Tied my personal best from the mid tees. All this with 3 ob strokes (stupid throws). Getting closer and closer to moving that personal best by a few if I can tie it all together.

Didnt end up helping set up the course cause of storms and rain, but got to Highbridge during a window of time where the weather was letting up.

Played Woodland Greens first, scored a little better than last week. Shot a laser with my putter on one of the 180' holes and missed about five feet right of the basket, level with it. Thats was a nice birdie. Thats all I can really say that was great about that round.

Next was Granite Ridge, and man I now think that that is my favorite course at Highbridge, shes getting a good review tomarrow. But I shot the best round on that course so far, parred most of the par fours and hit all of my putts inside the circle. Also got to help Wes clean out some garbage cans and he threw about 6 hole with me, which was cool. Got to say hi to John while he was mowing too.

Looking forward to getting back to correct my mistakes and score even better!

There are two baskets at a local church that allow for some nice practice in our area that is otherwise devoid of courses. I posted about the location a while back in the "Chains In Cumberland" thread.

Anyway, another local guy, Beej, took my original practice layout and uses it with other friends a good bit. He's motivated to play and formed a casual league, playing the 9 holes to the 2 baskets just for some fun competition.

This past Wednesday was the third week. For the 2nd week, Beej made tags and I took tag #1 in a 3 player playoff after recovering from an early, pathetic, three putt. :sick:

This week I kept tag #1 and set a new "course" record with a 22, only to have my thunder stolen by Beej as he drilled a sweet 280'ish ace to take our brand new $8 ace pot! :p

Good times!

Last edited:
Only been playing about a month and a half so don't judge my high scores. Played yesterday at a local course that I visit regularly and shot my best round of +6. Stoked since I was never able to get below +10.

I played Selah Lakeside for the first time on Wednesday. What an awesome course! It was pretty muddy due to all of the rain we've had here in TX, but still an awesome time. I shot par for the day, so I was really happy with that.

Only negative was losing a disc on the island hole (hole 7, I think?). I tried a spike hyzer approach shot with my favorite Firebird, figuring I would be able to hit the island and have the disc stick in the wet grass. I misfired and spiked the disc right into the water about 3-5 feet away from the shore. Bummer.

Basically average scores for both rounds, not too far off PB, but just couldn't find the extra gear. All birdie putts were off, but in return I was banging in fairly long (for me) par putts like nothing, that's probably what kept the scores down. Minor upside was parking a 318-foot hole with a backhand shot (by far my weaker shot). Sure, it's a downhill shot, even so, have had trouble getting my backhand that far. And since I got a drop-in birdie on that hole, still haven't had to take a penalty round* this year.

*If I fail to get a birdie during a day, I make myself open all the shots backhand the next time we hit the closest course, partially to try and motivate myself to go and get those birdies, partially to get some work for by backhand (normally I open 17/18 with forehand at that course).

Played great the last two days. Got halfway through a Condor/Zephyr/Wizard round before it started down pouring on me today.

Played Ditto Farm in Hagerstown, MD yesterday. Being quite novice at this game still I was looking for about 18 over. This course is super tricky for me with the majority of the course having fairly tight wooded holes, and a fair amount of holes that turn to the right. I ended up shooting an 11 over, which I was very pleased with! made 2 birdies, and 2 double bogies (both from SLOPPY putting that I really should have hit).
Over all really pleased. made some solid throws, and tried to play a smarter game.

Status
Not open for further replies.