• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 18 in yesterday, but it wasn't really for scoring.

It was extremely windy. Like 20+ constant and gusting to 40+ (ripped some shingles off my roof late in the afternoon even :( )

I figured this was as good a time, if any, to get out and see how the Renegade and the Tern performed head to head in the wind. Those two discs are kind of battling for the distance driver spot in my bag. The aries, trespass, destroyer, and wraith have all already been elimiated for one reason or another.

I was really surprised at how well my HL star and champ terns were able to handle the wind. The pro got bounced around and flipped more, but it seems noticeably faster also. I was able to throw the renegades farther, but they seemed to be more affected by wind, taking weird bounces and just being unpredictable overall with the gusts. When it's not as windy, both of the discs are pretty predictable on my hyzer flip drives, and I'm able to get in the 400' range which is close to where I was topping out before a 2 year hiatus from playing.

The winds yesterday were not what I'd seriously be throwing either of those discs in during league/tournament play - I'd throw felons and PDs all day in that wind, and probably defenders/enforcers too. The strength and consistency of the wind is not something we see in Missouri often at all. It's a difficult dellima, but I think the Tern is going to win out simply because of local availability.

Played below my average at my favorite local course and birdie a hole I rarely birdie. But I was getting a disc out of a ditch, fell and took a root right to the tailbone...

Not bad, tied again for second in league dubs, but couldn't pull out the playoff. Had some nice drives, one near ace, a nice 50 foot par save, good night.

Man the wet snow started coming down halfway through and really messed with my game, slippery hands, slippery teepads, cold headwinds, the weather alone shaved quite a few strokes off the round. I still had a blast though.

Played 2 rounds after work. The first was ditto farms long to short, which is what I usually play there. I did ok, I left at least 6 putts out there that I should have made. Had a few bad drives, but some good ones as well. Overall I played a little better than average, but still scored a +9. (I feel like it should have been +2 or 3 if I had hit my putts.

Second round my friend and I put up tags on the short to short layout, my number 42 against his 12. I started strong with a birdie, struggled a bit, then stabilized by hole 4. We were neck and neck through 14. On 15 I hit a huge putt (50' in the wind!) to go ahead by 2 strokes. Then came 16, hit a tree off the tee, played it safe and layed a shot out into the middle of the fairway 40' from the basket. My opponent hit his 30' putt for par, I took my 40' putt, flew high. 20' come back putt, uphill now. IT HIT A 1/4 OF AN INCH LOW!!! Terrible!!

Now we are tied going into 17 after dropping my 2 stroke lead. We both had mediocre drives, about 30' from the basket, BOTH duffed our putts, then it happened. He missed his comeback putt! I hit mine and went into 18 with a one stroke lead. I had my drive on 18, and got knocked down a little by the wind, landing about 35' out. My opponent wentout to the right and landed about the same distance out, but with a much worse line for his putt. He took his shot first and hit chain, but it spit out! With the pressure on, I lined up and just BURRIED my putt!

It was a thrilling roller coaster of a round and I am super stoked! I still missed about a half dozen putts low (right off the damn cage, about an inch low) but played really well over all.

Just had to share that round!

Played 2 rounds after work. The first was ditto farms long to short, which is what I usually play there. I did ok, I left at least 6 putts out there that I should have made. Had a few bad drives, but some good ones as well. Overall I played a little better than average, but still scored a +9. (I feel like it should have been +2 or 3 if I had hit my putts.

Second round my friend and I put up tags on the short to short layout, my number 42 against his 12. I started strong with a birdie, struggled a bit, then stabilized by hole 4. We were neck and neck through 14. On 15 I hit a huge putt (50' in the wind!) to go ahead by 2 strokes. Then came 16, hit a tree off the tee, played it safe and layed a shot out into the middle of the fairway 40' from the basket. My opponent hit his 30' putt for par, I took my 40' putt, flew high. 20' come back putt, uphill now. IT HIT A 1/4 OF AN INCH LOW!!! Terrible!!

Now we are tied going into 17 after dropping my 2 stroke lead. We both had mediocre drives, about 30' from the basket, BOTH duffed our putts, then it happened. He missed his comeback putt! I hit mine and went into 18 with a one stroke lead. I had my drive on 18, and got knocked down a little by the wind, landing about 35' out. My opponent wentout to the right and landed about the same distance out, but with a much worse line for his putt. He took his shot first and hit chain, but it spit out! With the pressure on, I lined up and just BURRIED my putt!

It was a thrilling roller coaster of a round and I am super stoked! I still missed about a half dozen putts low (right off the damn cage, about an inch low) but played really well over all.

Just had to share that round!

Well done sir!!!

Got 18 in at Tradewinds, playing am tees to long baskets, and shot plus two. Really happy considering most of those holes are out of my range leaving me with mostly 50-70 foot looks for two, and my approach game bailed my few bad drives out for the most part.

I am pretty happy with my round today. I finished at my average for that coarse but it was pretty windy today. My co-worker who usually gets about the same score as me finished 12 strokes back.

I played 3 rounds in mild rain at sylmar today in almost exactly 4 hours... 2 good rounds but the middle one was awful

+2, +12, E

The +12 featured 4 doubles and a hell of a bogey putt to prevent a 5th...

Final two rounds of the winter layout at the course we played, +2 and -3. We didn't play last Sunday, so it was a full week without throwing, seemed to have had an effect, teeshots were not as crisp as they should've been, sorta "limp". Putting at least has found a groove, if I was missing, it was a front-rim banger, but dead online. Even managed to sink a 50-footer off the knee, with ceiling issues into headwind. Given how poorly I was throwing off the tee, have be satisfied with three under for the second round.

I play pretty well, had most shots going except for some reason edge of the circle putts. But mainly I just played a lot today. I played five courses 90 holes and shot a cumulative -38. Not ideal but I can live with it.

It was a great day to be out in the sun even if it was not as warm as expected, and was super windy. Overall great day playing the game we like.

Went to a course (Disctractions) I hadn't played since my first year (almost 4 years ago). Nice to know that, even if the course hasn't really changed much, if at all in that time, my game's getting better overall. Screwed up five shots or so (so I know I can still improve), but shot my personal course best by four strokes, and beat my (limited) average there by 11. :thmbup:

Played both Selah courses today, and managed to shoot par on both of them. Started at 8:30am at Creekside - such a perfect morning for some disc golf! I really focused on slowing things down and ended up feeling pretty good on most of the holes (minus two terrible holes). Definitely left some shots out there and look to improve next time.

Played just under my average today. No spectacular shots, but no melt downs either. Was just a really pleasant day to play.:thmbup:

Possibly bid farewell to another winter layout, not sure, but based on scores, +3 and +2, maybe time to start prepping for normal layouts. Teeshots were still showing lack of crispness, putting was good for the first 15 or so holes, then just went MIA until the back-9 of the second round, at least earlier, if I was missing, I was getting metal, all of sudden was airballing 20-footers. Both rounds left one stroke on the course for putting "too casually." Since it looked like it would be the last run at the winter layout and the tees were actually decent, went with all backhand off the tee the second round, chipping two off the previous best BH-only round. Was hanging in there around par until a stiff left-right crosswind got under my Nemesis and just pushed it way right and into OB that I've not even found while throwing forehand off the tee.

First time playing DeLaveaga

I played DeLaveaga for the first time yesterday. This was the most fun I've had playing disc golf in years--I was even excited to see where my bad shots would end up! I felt like I knew most of the holes, having seen them so many times on YouTube (Thanks CCDG!).

I decided to write a bit about the experience (or see the TL;DR)

I started out with a practice round to warm up and try different discs/lines on a few holes. After hole 19 I ran into a backup, so I jumped back on hole #1, and decided to play for a score.

Practice round highlights: birdied holes 6, 8a, and 17 (Gravity).

I had a rough start to my second round including a double O.B. 6 on hole #6, and was 5 over through 6.
The rest of the way I managed to shoot five birdies and only two bogeys, finishing with a two-over 89.

Birdies: 8a, 12 (Kitchen), 15, 17 (Gravity), 26a (Gauntlet)
Bogeys: 1, 4, 6 (Triple), 19, 26.

Second round Lowlight: I manged to throw into the roped off O.B. area twice on hole #6:doh:. I was not feeling confident having already shanked drives on 1, 3, 4, and 6.

Second round highlights: I had a great (for me) stretch starting with a park-job on the Kitchen hole. That was followed by a three on I-5 and drop in par on hole 14. Then I parked #15--my best drive of the day. On #16, I threw a roller (the basket was off to the right). My 38' putt skipped off the top of the basket, but I made the 30' comeback. Then I birdied Gravity.
The final 9 holes I played without having practiced them but managed to only bogey #26. Coming back with a birdie on 26a felt fantastic. From Top of the World I threw a DX Shark which I pulled right--into the tree behind #1's teepad. It filtered through, and I was able to give my approach a run, but was happy with the tap-in three.

TL;DR: Played Delaveaga for the first time. After being five over through six holes I played three down the rest of the way.

Got my first eagle today, a 3 on the uphill par-5 #6 at Lenora Park. Was -6 overall, not my best ever there, but still good.

I am still on a forced break ( imposed on myself ) from playing. The weather is rain and crap so that made it a little easier to do that.

I had planned to catch up on some things outside/around the house that I haven't been doing/getting done because I go play instead...oh, well.

I played like hot garbage yesterday at league! But it was still pretty fun, good company, and I think I'm getting my timing/power back on my drives - but that made for a lot of errant tee shots too. Made some decent putts (lots for 3s) and even got 1 of 2 skins and got just over my money back even though I shot (+1) on the Oakland top 18.

Also, my 4 y.o. son had a breakthrough and really learned how to toss a golf disc. He was throwing my max weight comets and rocs 40-50 feet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.