• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking another opportunity to thank a doubles partner for solid play, winning Boone Woods doubles yesterday with 14 deuces, including the difficult hole 4 he drove pin high. Fun card, with a variety of techniques, some big drives, big putts, and the occasional blown opportunity, but 26 deuces overall! :thmbup:

4-20-2016

New Orleans city park disc golf course.

My first time out here and played with a few locals.

I played at least 36. I'd say that after the first 18 I was at +11. The second time through I played better, hit a few putts and shot real close to par. Wasn't keeping exact score but I am throwing them decent nowadays so the game is mucho fun-o. just started throwing a teebird and it's a solid 290-320 for me on a easy line and I'm kicking myself for having not been throwing it before. Anyways. A good day on the course with some decent strangers.

Upshots and putts are ok, but drives were off today. Throwing hyzer flips all the time now off the tee. Working well, but I get that worm burner more than I'd like.

Played 18 at High Sierra DGC last night and it was pretty meh. Slight breeze but never crazy and could only muster a 54. Some poor driving mixed with not making a putt outside of 25' makes for a lame round. It was a very nice evening though so I just had to enjoy being outside regardless of play.

Did okay. Had fun. Played the college campus course Dry Creek in Monroe. Started with a decent sidearm drive (not my forte) and saved par. Followed that by double bogeying #2, but followed that with back to back birdie deuces. Encountered a couple of young students wandering through the wooded part of the course. I think that they were seeking a spot to smoke (It was 4/20, after all) or for sex. Talked a little politics, got them to promise not to vote for Hitlary. Made three shots I ordinarily wouldn't: a 46' chip for birdie 2, a 39' chip for birdie 3 and ended by sinking a 22' birdie putt on 18, after another surprisingly good sidearm drive. Three under and two less Hitlary voters. All in all, a great day!

Still trying to find my groove on the summer layouts, today's course being long, narrow and wooded, so when you're teeshots and putting aren't working, it doesn't end up pretty. +6 after six holes on the first round, said to my friend should try and improve round two, did just that, +7 after first six holes :wall: . Positives weren't all that many, getting birdie chances on both par-5s pleasant surprise, despite some errant shots slightly off the fairways, so maybe some distance has been gained over the winter (second and third shots were standstill which has gotten a ton of use in winter). Did manage drop-ins on one of the holes both rounds.

Dabbled in sidearm for a few birdies today, saw a magician do illusion magic on my lunch break, hit an ace, later played a fun safari course layout, and chained out on more putts than I'd like to admit. It was a good day, but the real cherry on top was that I hit all green lights on the way home.

Fast and ugly... but at least I played. This is what happens when I don't warm up, don't keep score, and don't think through shots!

Played in a 36 hole tourney and had a pretty profitable day. Won two CTP's outright for $40 cash and two $20 large pizzas, got 2nd closest on the ace pool CTP at the end for another $35 cash (one of the open players got me by a couple feet), and won a side bet with a guy for $5. So $80 cash and $40 in pizza certificates. :)

Hit 4 Birdies @ League last night! Had a triple bogey...& 2 Doubles......& 2 Bogeys. I've been playing for a year now, I Quit playing ball golf for good about a month after my first throw. Played almost daily through the Winter months and developed a very descent Mid/Putt game.
Just recently I've been getting massive torque and snap out of my drives but they are still pretty wild shots < 30% End up 50' to 100' from where I assumed they would land.

Played Dubs at Diamond X in the morning and my partner and I shot really well. Went -12 on the green-black courses, I hit an Ace, and he hit the front cage with his drive on 18 Black: 550'ish, down about 120' off a cliff. Very fun round.

Still improving on the summer layouts, both rounds better than at the same course last weekend. Putting is still way off, not where it went in the past two weeks, though baskets not showing any love doesn't help; knowing that you need to put it dead-center and soft, anything else is coming out, pressure goes up. Then again, airballing 18-footers doesn't help :wall: . Did card a birdie at one of the tougher birdie holes, with an actual putt and not the preferred type, drop-in. Seems like I need to start hyzerflipping my beaten SR Outlaw off the tee more often, if/when it doesn't turn and burn, it gets some nice distance, but there's the flipside that's rather daunting at least for the moment.

First time playing a ratings based trophy only tournement

First round tied for 2nd one stroke out of the lead.

Started of the second round. Began falling back. Had a six stroke hole to dig out of. I stuck to my game plan. Took control of the tee pad for the last five holes. I set the pace I put the pressure on. Final hole I thought I had to hit the birdie for tie. Laced A nice drive for a jump putt, he couldn't take the pressure and went ob and a double putt.
First pdga win

7 down at my local almost pitch-and-putt which actually isn't great for me. According to uDisc my average there is 8 down but with at least one bogey. I went bogey-free today but missed two really easy birdies on dumbass putts.

So I made sure to get a little putting practice in today after my round.

Saturday played a 1 day B tier in Eldon. Did pretty ok, got 6/14 in advanced, (-5) for the day. There was tons of OB on the course, and I managed it pretty well only taking 1 penalty stroke all day. My putting was pretty bad the first round though, failing to convert 5 of 6 birdie chances (all misses that drew metal at least)

Yesterday I played at Oakland back (20 holes) and shot (-7). Would have been good for my first score in the 40s since coming back if I had just played 18, as all the birdies I got were on the new back layout (2 added holes are now officially part of the other 18 holes)

Pretty good weekend for golf, in my opinion.

Meh. Shot 6 under at dubs, not enough to win anything.

My putts are getting more consistent, but maaaaan my drives were crap today. Dunno what was up.

Nice to get out and throw with some great people though, and enjoy the nice weather.

Gotta keep up that putting practice, it's slowly coming together.

Status
Not open for further replies.