• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting has been destroying my scoring lately. Final round of an A tier this w/e, shot a 916 rated round, missed literally 8 putts in the circle.

Pretty well, I got a lot of throws in today. Played two rounds at Lions Park I, shot a 45 and a 47. Played six rounds at Staring Lake, shot 22, 23, 22, 23, 23, and 22. Playing all threes, finished -38 on the day. Might go play some night rounds later too.

I went -15 at my home course, Valley View in New Berlin. I aced hole #6 with my C-PD sidearm. I'm very happy I decided to play a round after work.

Beat my course personal best by 8 strokes. Used to be a forehand-only driver, but have been making huge strides in the backhand driving game. Actually starting to take into consideration things like what the disc will do after it hits the ground based on what the slope of the ground is, what direction the disc is spinning, what angle it's landing at, etc.

Played pretty good, despite the fallen warrior. No really, lost a warrior. Found this keepsake though.
picture.php

Soon to be posted in what is it worth.

Played both courses at Selah today. Managed a -5 on Lakeside and a -3 on Creekside. Definitely happy despite losing a Gator and my favorite Rival. Putting was on point, so that always feels good.

Played the Rocklin course in CA for the first time today. Started off well (for me) keeping -1 until about hole 8 or 9... Then the back 9 absolutely demolished me.

But hey, hit my first birdie today. (I'm pretty new to actually trying to become better)

+2 at AJ Jolly playing all par 3.. didn't get to play hole 2. Couple bad putts on 5 killed me but doing nice work with my Wave. It's Neutron and 159g. Fun little disc to throw for long hyzer flips or anny's

Played Trap Pond State park in Laurel, Delaware on Wednesday. Overall I did not fare that well as it took a few holes for me to warm up.
Played Iron Hill in Newark DE next and tore it up. Don't know what got into me but I was much longer off the tee than usual. I birdied all but one of the over 600' (11 of them) foot holes and managed a 15' putt for an eagle 2 on the 555' hole 9. Granted most of those long holes are downhill off the tee, however my typical (flat ground) drive is around 350' so for me to get within 100' of those pins was really good for me. I scored a -10- 62 on the gold course.

Thursday played Ditto Farm in Hagerstown, MD- Started off great then got into the woods (hole 4) and struggled a little. The rough is so thick that I think I focused on staying out of it more than making good shots. So while I mostly stayed out of trouble I was not making the long accurate drives that I made the day before at Iron Hill.

Friday found me in Windber, Pa. The only course close by was the 9 hole loop at Shawnee State park. Not a bad (very) little course. Blind shots, finish left, finish right, straight, low ceiling this course has many redeeming qualities yet is so short it is too easy. Played 4 loops, quit keeping score after 2. Recorded a -4 first round due to blind shots and a -7 on the second. Had 4 really close ace runs on the day and saw lots of bear scat although no bears.

Silver and Gold

Or the lasting pleasures of playing well in a tournament.

This past Friday I won the Silver Medal for Singles in the 2016 Empire State Senior Games. My partner Dan Rice and I successfully defended our winning ways taking the Gold in Doubles.

My driving for the most part was pretty good. And my approach shots weren't bad. My putting left a lot to be desired. I didn't think I was in the running for any medals. Obviously I played better than I realized and I came away from the 2016 Games a medal winner. So now I'm 6 for 6 years straight getting at least a Bronze. :D

Well rested, today I played the inner 18 of the 27 at my home course, Joseph Davis SP in Lewiston, NY. The wind was pretty strong today. 15-20 with gusts 25+. Wind is usually my nemesis. And it was a factor but undaunted I shot what I thought was a damn respectable +1 considering the conditions. JD is a pretty open course. I threw some of my best drives of the year. I made some clutch putts. I really felt in control of my game. And I felt like I was riding the wave of success I had at the Games.

Life is good!

Not good. Made a few throws that were outstanding, but the rest...ya know when you're just not playing well and you know it no matter what the score says? One of those days, today. Par on only 4 holes, +16 total, so score backed up that feeling. Maybe the heat had something to do with it....

Was playing Buckeye...there is something about this course for me. :\ I walked off and left my Starlite Valk on the ground on hole 11. Fortunately I reached for the Valk on 13 and realized what had happened. This is like at least the 4th round there where I've walked off leaving a disc. Plus, I just can't seem to dial in the right combination of discs (drivers, really) to bag for the course. The rock, the manzanita, the little bit of poison oak (which doesn't bother me, but which can really mess up my wife, and there is just enough to induce paranoia),...argh! :wall:
This course messes with my head.

:eek: There, now I feel better!

I went on a marathon today. Started at Ham Lake DGC. Played two rounds there. Shot 48 and 50. Then, I went to Lochness Park DGC. Played two rounds there, shot a 27 and a 25. Then, I played six rounds at Plymouth Creek. Shot 28, 30, 33, 32, 30, and 29. 126 holes, baby. Nice to know I can still crank out days like these without dying hahaha. Playing all 3s, I finished -46 on the day. Not to mention, I made lots of new friends. I found randoms to jump in with at every course I went to. Even made friends with the cop that I encountered on my last round at Plymouth Creek. Quite a good day of disc. I'm beat, though, I'll admit it hahaha.

Played last night; started okay, middle was terrible, ended great. Got a couple of double bogeys, after consecutive rounds with none but picked up a birdie also. The rest pars and bogies for a +10, a couple strokes off my best score, so kinda average overall. Hot out, threatening storms, saw a rabbit, a turtle laying eggs, a possum, and a cat; like animal planet out there last nights.

Got in an early morning round at Wills Park this morning before work. Started off a little rough since I had a hard time waking up, but still -1 over the front nine. Not bad, but not too good for me either. I started waking up a bit on the back nine and shot -5 over the last 7 holes. Just one unfortunate tree root kicked me OB into the creek on hole 17, but I still saved par. Almoooost aced hole 18... a 320ft hole that requires a slight anhyzer through the trees. Hit the cage a few inches below the chains, but had an easy 10ft putt for birdie on what would have been my longest ace, but oh well. Hit the bogey band on 285ft hole 8 last week. Ace #7 should be arriving any time now. Ended up with a 49 on the par 55 layout.

I love these early summer days when it isn't too hot. Today and yesterday were especially nice because there hasn't been the typical Georgia 95+% humidity in the mornings.

Two weeks off the course, touch was pretty nonexistant at the start. Though ironically, got a better score on the first round than the second, despite starting the latter with a turkey birdies :clap: . Sadly, while was managing most shots, few really bad errant shots cost big overall. Almost lost my SR Outlaw yet again, but persistency paid off and it came out of the muddy stream eventually, managed to find someone's disc in the meantime. Previous two I found had been missing for a year and 2-3 years, curious to hear how long this one has been missing if/when I get hold of the owner.

Shot a new personal best today; +6 at Patriot in Kernersville, NC! My playing partners both shot even par. We had a great night, including one hole where we scored eagle, birdie, and birdie! I was solid off the tee, and putted well, canning two from outside of 40 feet.

Won our local MVP Circuit Challenge and even snagged ace pot with a low ceiling tunnel shot with the Matrix. Finished -9 after two rounds. Came home with a nice mini basket, giant gold mini, and 110$. Great way to start a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.