• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But who cares about that, today was my nephew's first time out on the course! And he absolutely killed it! I gifted him a fresh 163g DX Leopard and a thrashed 170g R-Pro Aviar from my stash and we went to Eagle's Edge. I have been working on throwing with him for a few years now, and it was awesome to see everything come together. It is kind of scary to think about how much better he will be than I am when he is my age. He has ridiculously good form for an 8 year old.

11skwwk.jpg

8webh4.jpg

2qu3lle.jpg

birnyw.jpg

14uw5jd.jpg

qnmkk0.jpg

To top it all off, we went to Central to practice putting. He drains two in a row from 20 feet with my Aviars. He gets cocky and wants to go from the 40 ft marker. After about 50 attempts, he drains it. Definitely a proud uncle hahahaha.

He went from being too self-conscious to throw in front of the other groups on hole 1 teepad to stealing my honors by hole 5 teepad hahaha, the game can really bring people out of their shells, sometimes I forget that.

Didn't really struggle too much apart from a couple of holes that keep giving me grief, well, and that triple-OB trip on the first round :doh: . If forehand distance has gone down from what it was about a month ago, did manage a couple of very good and straight teeshots, however, backhand distance has suffered even more. Had no disaster putts, missed some that perhaps should've hit, sunk some that I probably make 3/10 (if that).

Did end up with +2 discs though, both times looking for my own disc, dragged a different one out of the creek, then spotted a pink edge sticking out of one of the landscaping piles that have been hampering play on the course.

But who cares about that, today was my nephew's first time out on the course! And he absolutely killed it! I gifted him a fresh 163g DX Leopard and a thrashed 170g R-Pro Aviar from my stash and we went to Eagle's Edge. I have been working on throwing with him for a few years now, and it was awesome to see everything come together. It is kind of scary to think about how much better he will be than I am when he is my age. He has ridiculously good form for an 8 year old.

11skwwk.jpg

8webh4.jpg

2qu3lle.jpg

birnyw.jpg

14uw5jd.jpg

qnmkk0.jpg

To top it all off, we went to Central to practice putting. He drains two in a row from 20 feet with my Aviars. He gets cocky and wants to go from the 40 ft marker. After about 50 attempts, he drains it. Definitely a proud uncle hahahaha.

Great pictures! Time very well spent!

Won top spot at my first Trilogy Challenge. I shot netter with three new discs than with my own bag, go figure

I played my first solo round in a long while yesterday. It was about 95 degrees and windy. Played pretty solidly aside from one bad hole where I 3-putted after going OB.

Yesterday I played out of my mind. Played in a little unsanctioned tourney (a big part of what makes it a great event is that it's underground, but part of me wishes it would have been sanctioned just so I could see what this round would have been rated, guarantee that it would have been my highest rated ever, maybe like 1050, or what I imagine a 1050 would feel like to throw). It was crazy, I couldn't miss - I was hitting crazy tight gaps off the tee, not leaving anything short, and I missed maybe 2 putts inside of 60'. Right! 60'!?! Fast green death putt with potential for big rollaway from 60'? Dead center chains. Leaning out left diving out anny putt from 50'? Ching! Had one bogey, hit my chest on my pull through, pushed it into a cut roller, attempted a forehand roller approach that left me with a 50' anny with a low ceiling, hit the cage an inch too low, damn. Everything else went in.

Came in with a minus 11, nudging out the course record by one throw, went into the second round (final 9) with a 9 throw lead. The final 9 started off a little slow. Left the first drive short by like 70', gave it a good run from there but had to settle with a par. Second hole I missed the double mando and canned the 45' drop zone putt for my circle 3. Third hole I hit an early tree and scrambled for my 4. Then I birdied the last 6.

Destroyed that course, it felt amazing to play like that. IF (that's a really big if) I were able to play like that at the silver cup, you can look for me on the top card ;) Seriously though, how amazing of an experience would that be, I would love to be able to come home and watch myself play on TV with Cale, Barsby, and MJ :D

A guy can dream right.

^Wow. And I thought me getting par for the first time was good. :p

Congrats on owning the course. :clap:

^Wow. And I thought me getting par for the first time was good. :p

Congrats on owning the course. :clap:

Thanks! It was an incredible experience, I'm usually pretty humble about dg and life in general, but this is one I just want to tell everybody about to brag! Everybody look at me I'm awesome!! :D

(Yes my name is actually Matt for those that don't know)
attachment.php

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    sc1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 73
Played so poorly this weekend it was embarrassing. My drives were actually pretty decent for the first round, I just couldn't buy a putt. Accuracy was perfect but left everything short. Missed something like 8 or 9 putts dead center off the front of the cage.

Second round I totally fell apart from the heat, it was really getting to me. I considered dropping out a few times during the round. Couldn't concentrate, missed a few putts inside 10 feet. Had the disc totally slip out of my hands off the tee a few times. Just wanted to get off the course. Solid 840 round, at least it will be dropped.

Not bad. Played 9 holes at Van Zee in Port Orchard. 1st time ever, got par on every hole except one. For me that's good.

Those baskets have some nasty roll-aways....

God awful, horrible, so poorly I can't believe I went back for a second round that ended up being even worse. WTF is with this game, I go from throwing the round of my life not being able to miss a damn thing to throwing about like I do after 15 beers, damn near got beat by the newb staff members I've been teaching (they're practicing more than I am these days and they will beat me before the summer is over).

If I'm playing like this when the Silver cup comes around you can expect me to be battling for DFL...

Played great tonight at Patriot DGC. Got my second consecutive round with no double bogeys; 10 pars, 8 bogeys to tie my personal best of +8. Blew a couple of makeable birdie putts or I could have had a really good night. Still, very happy!

Played the new course at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, VA yesterday. Did okay for a while but the heat and all the hills were too much for this old man. By hole 14 I started to run out of gas and really struggled to the end.

It's a great course but I'm going to have get in better shape before I go back.

MINUS 24!

Shot a minus 24 today after 12 days off due to a hand injury--OK it was actually a 45 (-9) at Elon Eager Beaver (Charlotte) but it was a -24 relative to my age (45-69=-24). Even left a few birdie putts out there; still about a 930 rated round.:D

Played the stadium course in Salinas, CA yesterday before work and I was pretty happy either the round. Shot +2 with a few strokes that shouldn't have been there. Had some interesting holes and it was a nice change from my home courses.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts