• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a -5 from the shorts at Oshtemo, which is decent for me, but the real story is my 6-year-old in his breakout year, who figured out on his own how to throw a forehand roller maybe a good 150' straight ahead with his older sister's 160g Stratus. He also played all 18 holes without going off to explore (which I completely allow - rules for kids with me is play when you want, explore when you want).

If only I had learned how to play at six. That would have been 1979, though!

very cool about your kid. he's digging DG without being pushed into it! sounds like a better player than me!

I did a tour of Madison yesterday. +4 front 18 token longs to red was first and worst. Then +3 Heistand longs, which is decent. Then -9 Cap Springs shorts to white, which was great with how windy it was. Then -4 Elver shorts which is OK.

Zobel today for the first time.

Shot 20 over through 36 holes on two courses I had never played. Found my putting mojo again and saw some increased distance based on some pretty dedicated fieldwork over the last two weeks. Super day out with friends!

I played in a tourney yesterday at Dretzka. It was 2 rounds, 27 holes each round. I'm disappointed in myself...both rounds where rated about 850. I gotta practice putting more.

Just got done with another quality day of disc. I started off at Bassett Creek, oblivious to the fact that there was a random draw doubles tournament taking place today. Sadly, I was too late to join up. Which sucks, because I shot a 41. Probably would've fared decently haha. The tourney cards were awesome about letting me play through on them, but I opted for a change of venue. On a whim, I decided "Why not Sunnyside?" I approach hole 1 teepad and I notice an onslaught of putters coming my way from the bleachers by hole 9 basket, along with people booing and yelling my name. Yup, my friends hahahaha. I joined up with them for a couple of rounds, shot a 24 and a 22. I got hungry, so I went and smashed on some Checkers. Phone rings. Two buddies want me to come play Central. I naturally oblige. Played two rounds, shot 25 and 25. I wasn't really concentrating though, as I was more so playing the role of forehand coach to my buddies, which I am more than happy to do. We run out of daylight, so after another food break (we mauled Checkers hahaha, maybe I will get fat if I keep this up), we met up with four others for some Hansen night action. I chose to light up my Champion Valkyrie. Shot 35. I was having a hard time getting the Valkyrie to stay in the cones hahahaha. I think I played too much over the course of the last 48 hours though, I have a heat rash on top of my big toe and my Adidas smell like a corpse hahaha, I left them on the doorstep. Surprised nobody has called the cops on them yet...

Looks like I scored out a 997/1021 split yesterday. :) I won Open by 16 strokes, and am very happy about how I kept up the strong play for 42 holes in my first sanctioned tournament of 2016.

Played my first round in almost a year. Round defined as a completion of a course of at least 9 holes. And it was a 9 hole course. I shot +1 and the best thing about my round: I only used 5 discs, normally I empty half my bag, but I stuck to my guns and I felt I didn't lose much from my time off. My Eagle is now becoming my go to disc, no matter what the distance.

Played my first round in almost a year. Round defined as a completion of a course of at least 9 holes. And it was a 9 hole course. I shot +1 and the best thing about my round: I only used 5 discs, normally I empty half my bag, but I stuck to my guns and I felt I didn't lose much from my time off. My Eagle is now becoming my go to disc, no matter what the distance.

Man I have fallen in a deep love with Eagles. Glad you're back playing!

Defended the #1 tag. Played the long tees of bald and golden eagle (rarely do I play the long tees on bald, so that was a treat), played quite well to finish at a (4 down) 54 to his +7 65.

Posted a new personal best today at Guilford Meadows, +8!!!! I won my group today for the first time ever. Played very solid off the tee, some killer upshots and a couple long putts to save par. It was a great day, except for the humidity, which was absolutely brutal.

Garbage :wall: . Birdie-streak ended after two rounds in which I got two chances at birdie inside the circle. Sadly, those mattered not as 15-feet was my limit today, from 15 I was about 50-50 on putts, outside that, made maybe two putts the entire day. Even the Chumps would've dumped my ass with the way I was putting. If I ran a putt from 20ft, I was probably looking at a 20-foot comebacker after an airball :mad: .

Annoyingly, seems as the weather warms, the drive distance goes down in similar increments, guess I'm a cold climate kinda DGer. Found some improvement on drives on the second round, then the lines were off just a little and putts continued to be garbage. Almost salvaged a birdie with a Ghost upshot, it looked like going in, but hit the top of the rim, bounced out and rolled away.

-10!! Sounds good right? Too bad it was a pitch and putt with the longest hole being all of 273'. But we did play it as a 2 disc round. EMac truth and warden. Only really used the truth on the one long hole ha.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4

So was planning on at least one round at Highbridge, but stumbled upon the biggest hippie music festival in the universe! Not one course playable. With all the rain I just hope all those people didnt muck up the fairways tok much :/

So I cruised on down to Brandy Lake Park in Woodruff and met up with a friend to throw a few rounds. I was late so met up on hole four and threw a warm up round. Then the next two rounds I threw -6 then -5. Putting was on fire, had a few ace runs, but still average scores. Still felt good and had a great time.

I must say that I made a brilliant shot yesterday on hole 10 of Flat Rocks DGC. It's 254' uphill (pretty sure their distances are inaccurate) and they elevated the basket on this hole. For the past week my brother and I have been shooting at it trying to bag a deuce. Finally I made what I think is one of my best shots.

I threw my Teebird for easier distance up the steep hill. Landed perfectly in my trouble zone for putts. I'm not good at long putts but I've been making some progress. It was about a 40'-45' shot and I launched a nice jump-putt straight out in the air just a bit right of the basket. My disc hyzered right into the basket just as I had imagined. It was a thing of beauty. Finally nailed the elevated basket and bagged a 2. My long putts are improving!

First round continued pretty where I seemingly left off yesterday. Actually got a good teeshot on hole one, then the next one came on hole nine. Had no confidence in putting, of course, not seeing any looks inside the circle for even par most holes, not much to gain confidence from.

Second round started with a similar drive, but the next several holes, was scrambling much better. Almost lost a dice on hole five both rounds, but with perseverence, it finally emerged from the mucky water. Kept hanging around, scrambling and somewhere along the line, putter clicked from off-setting to on-setting. Even made a birdie, so at least won't go too deep into June without one. For kicks threw a roller on the final hole into crazy crosswind, disc kept wanting to cutroll to the left, wind kept pushing it right, so it never really swerved either way before running out of steam.

three folks came down today to attempt and take the #1 tag from me and I killed it, crushed them like little bugs and sent them home with their tail between their [burning] legs. Same layout as above [mostly] long tees on bald/golden eagle, a tough par 58. I shot minus 9, the next closest was even. I also made enough $$ to pay for lunch with a beer.

I missed a few putts towards the end that I'm a little down on myself for, but still defending number 1 for nearly a week now.

Here we are on hole 10 (1 golden eagle):
attachment.php

Attachments

• Number1.jpg
    Number1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts