• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New best today at Madisonville. -4, mad 6 birdies which is the most I've ever made there too, as I'm more of a par player. My backhand's really been coming around lately after playing my first year and 4 months as a forehand only player.

Not today, but last weekend I squandered a 6 shot lead in the 1st round of tourney by shooting 7 worse in the 2nd round....resulting in a playoff which I lost on the first hole. Awesome.

New player (~3 months) that FINALLY broke the sub-par barrier last night for the first time! Threw a 50 (-4) at Lake Shawnee... this was also my first bogie-free round, I threw all pars except for the 4 birdies. There were three other holes I had medium-to-long but make-able birdie shots that I missed...next time hopefully!

This is for the most part a pretty wide-open course, my previous best was even par (one time) and the last couple of weeks I had been averaging +2 to +4 here.

Ok, now that I'm over that hump, time to get that first ace...

Just finished playing a tune up round at my local course, and got another personal best. I'm usually a sub-900 player when tourneys roll around (like tomorrow), but I hit 13 birdies (including 9 in a row), and shot a bogie free 41!

...either I'm really ready, or I just used up all my luck. :eek:

Just finished playing a tune up round at my local course, and got another personal best. I'm usually a sub-900 player when tourneys roll around (like tomorrow), but I hit 13 birdies (including 9 in a row), and shot a bogie free 41!

...either I'm really ready, or I just used up all my luck. :eek:

Hope it goes as well for you tomorrow as it did today. Will be looking for an update! :hfive:

I got about 30 holes of practice in at home (4 holes into 2 baskets at 240', 270' 280' and 300') My consistency is improving by leaps and bounds, feelin' good:thmbup::thmbup:

Hope it goes as well for you tomorrow as it did today. Will be looking for an update! :hfive:

...well OK then. The bad news first: after a 41 & 44 at my rinky dink home course yesterday, I negated those gains exactly today with a 65 & 66 at Osage Grove. I personally 'thanked' Adam Jones for putting what had been birdie pin positions long, and adding two long tees on other holes. It meant I only had one deuce all day. He is kind of an evil genius. The 1117 foot Frankenstein monster hole 16 was alive today (thought to be the longest hole in Ohio: he wanted to debut it in a tourney).

The good news is I finished 2nd in my division (Adv Grand Masters), and would've 'cashed' in three others. So that goes to show you that a fun, challenging course is a much tougher beast than the one I get to practice on most of the time. :eek:

Not today, but last evening. I scored 8 over par, just about the usual. Had a great front 9 (+1), but fell apart from fatigue and frustration on the back 9. I only threw the Amp, Leo, and Ion for 60/62 throws. The other 2 throws were the Tangent, and they were both pinpoint, long (200+) throws...converted the short putt on one..missed the 30 footer on the other.

Overall, it was a pretty good round.

Shot a personal best at Sawmills Veterans Park from the Red tees. I only shot -3 but that was with 8 birdies and 5 bogies.

:clap: Way to kill it today! I hope we will be seeing 2x Roc3's & 2x McPro Aviars. My two favorite disc golfers went 1st & 2nd in MPO at Worlds...what a good day.

Already pulled my 1x from the bag! I wonder what he's going to get for a new sig disc?

My 4 month long injury seems to be getting much better. Finally played a long course (Fiesta Lakes) and was playing to score rather than taking it easy. Shot - 8 with one eagle, and chained out on a second. Its nice to feel like my game is coming back.

My 4 month long injury seems to be getting much better. Finally played a long course (Fiesta Lakes) and was playing to score rather than taking it easy. Shot - 8 with one eagle, and chained out on a second. Its nice to feel like my game is coming back.

Glad you're feeling better Hammer. :thmbup:

...well OK then. The bad news first: after a 41 & 44 at my rinky dink home course yesterday, I negated those gains exactly today with a 65 & 66 at Osage Grove. I personally 'thanked' Adam Jones for putting what had been birdie pin positions long, and adding two long tees on other holes. It meant I only had one deuce all day. He is kind of an evil genius. The 1117 foot Frankenstein monster hole 16 was alive today (thought to be the longest hole in Ohio: he wanted to debut it in a tourney).

The good news is I finished 2nd in my division (Adv Grand Masters), and would've 'cashed' in three others. So that goes to show you that a fun, challenging course is a much tougher beast than the one I get to practice on most of the time. :eek:

Well that will work, won't it! Nice 2nd! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts