• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was odd dog for the first time at dubs, and it was fun. Shot -8, could have been better except for the circle 4 on 5.

Played 18 this evening at Crestmont (Bloomington, IN) and shot 9 over. Was a fun, challenging course. Changed my putting method to the push putt and I really liked it. Drained some really long par saves. Feel like I have WAY more control over it when I use the push method. Still battling the sharp left turn syndrome. It comes and goes, sometimes I get it figured out with arm speed, release point, and wrist whip/torque and sometimes I have a mental brain fart and it looks like sh!t. Oh well, had fun learned and learned a little more tonight. Tomorrow is my first league/tag night. Looking forward to that!

Played for the first time 9 days ago. Have played about every day since... shot a +2 over 18 holes today in Chapel Hill, my best score so far by about 10 strokes. I'm already addicted.

aaaaaaw yeaaaaaah...

guess who is using rollers in his game now? this guy. i can't flick with my right hand; i throw LHFH and RHBH. now, there is a dinky little 9-holer near me that is kinda fun for working on throwing from a standstill - it's called garlough. i knew this course still had at least one mystery for me, for there is a hole i had never deuced . . . until today.

hole 4.

d432f915_m.jpg

hole 4 isn't really that bad. for me it's pretty much a guaranteed 3. guaranthreed, if you will. i hit the gap with my fuse or my beaten up ZS pure and come out into this opening:

f7757a1e_m.jpg

usually still a decent distance from the basket, but easily making the turn. usually pin-high, just 5-10 yards off the woodline, and i have never made that putt.

my casual-playing friends just flick something silly overstable, make the turn and skip up within potential putting distance because for the life of me i can't make something turn more than 90 degrees and still hit that gap. it started to frustrate me because they can all get potential deuces; this is something i know will make a difference in strokes as i start to play leagues with people who WILL get that deuce.

so today i started practicing rollers for more than just a "get out of jail" shot. and damned if my first round there didn't end up with my tsunami within real putting distance.

IMG_20130827_194753_658_zps5fc812ef.jpg

made the putt, too. never though i'd make this turn with a lefthand overhand throw. ;)

huge success for me. :)

Last edited:
Played in my first league tag night tonight (18 holes at Karst Park). Walked away with the highest tag after shooting a +13. Was a long course (for me) and couldn't get the driver to behave. Had some major issues. Oh well. Me and my Buzzz are getting along nice though. Did deuce one hole, so that was the highlight of the evening.

My competitive hot streak came to an end tonight. Started my league night plus +3 and definitely let my frustration show. But I managed to right the ship a little and finish +2, came in third on my card after a throw off hole for 2nd. Also, I made sure to apologize to my card mates for my poor sportsmanship early in the round.

The good news is nothing was too terribly off about my game. A couple of cleaner tee shots, a few bounces going my way, and making two putts that are still haunting me... And I could have took my card. Tomorrow nights league is at the same course, so I'm itching for some redemption.

Finished second in league by two. Won the FIB but donated the disc dollars to a guy who had a tough day.

not bad. no courses today; about 3 hours of field work.

decided to go all swedish on it with the lever style; felt effortless. i have longer limbs/torso and this just felt much better, more momentum oriented. started throwing from a standstill and had a pretty awesome time. got my OLF and patriot to 360' (back of one endzone to the other) from a standstill quite a few times, which used to be my average farthest drive. about an hour in i lost the feeling for the timing/positioning and spent the next two hours trying to get it back. started throwing a bunch of super hard noob hyzers on accident, one of which skipped behind a walker at the track around the field i was throwing at . . . woulda drilled the poor sucker.

he was old . . . i don't know if he even heard it the chain link fence near him, so i pretended it didn't happen . . .

2 rounds at LTC Cleveland. -1 and -2....just couldn't seem to bring it all together today. Good drives netted bad putts...bad (by bad I mean horrible) drives turned into great approaches. All of which equals lots of pars where birdies should be had. Oh well...

Played in my first league tag night tonight (18 holes at Karst Park). Walked away with the highest tag after shooting a +13. Was a long course (for me) and couldn't get the driver to behave. Had some major issues. Oh well. Me and my Buzzz are getting along nice though. Did deuce one hole, so that was the highlight of the evening.

Glad to hear you gave league play a try, I know several encouraged you to give it a try when you first introduced yourself.. Hope you enjoyed it.. don't sweat the tag number, do they play handicap if so you may be surprised how well you do.
But the main thing is have fun, make new friends, and if you can learn a little along the way.... And the Buzzz will probably be your best friend as your learning, much easier than those moody drivers.

Got my first birdie last night!!! This was on hole 2 in Golden Gate Park. Got to about 25 feet of the hole with the forehand drive and then sunk the putt. Made my day, especially since I totally sucked the whole rest of the course. :(

BDA

Got my first birdie last night!!! This was on hole 2 in Golden Gate Park. Got to about 25 feet of the hole with the forehand drive and then sunk the putt. Made my day, especially since I totally sucked the whole rest of the course. :(

BDA

Those one shots, or one great holes are what give us Newbies hope.. and keep us coming back. Congrats on first birdie.. I'm SURE there will be more.. in no time I expect to see a post saying "First time I hit metal" keep hucking that plastic

Played in an unsanctioned tournament at Alexander Park in Lawrenceville, GA. Snagged a nice glow CH Teebird as the players pack. Played a few holes terribly (6 on 18 from blue), but managed to take 4th in rec (last cash), and win the rec CTP on my last drive of the day. The BBQ lunch was pretty good, too.

Shot a couple of 960s. Definitely should have played better, but I can't complain too much.

At Prairie Center, I hit the basket on my 2nd shot on the 610 foot par 4 #13, ended up carding one of only a couple of 3s for the whole tournament. Also hit chains on #17 with my DX Dart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts