• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BRP with brother-in-law, sister, and fiancee today. My Fiancée's third round ever. It's the shorter (non-majestic) layout. Fiancée shot 90 over, but had a lot of fun. I shot 2 under. 1 tee shot, 2 approaches, and 2 putts are still in my head.
Highlights: I carded a 3 on hole four and I made a killer twenty foot putt underhanding an aviar vertically between two trees on 25. Not sure I could duplicate it.

I TD'd and played our Ace Race today. Had a blast. Didn't ace anything (and only had one metal hit), but it didn't matter. It was our first one and it went off without a hitch.

THEN

I went to Crystal Lake Park with my new Ace Race discs and threw a round. Ended up -4 over 18. I've done better, but for new plastic, that's insane.

I LOVE these discs. Viking/Saint comparison is right on. The only thing is that the AR disc has more distance :clap:. I lost my 170g Champ Viking at Bird's Ruins yesterday and this disc will replace it easily.

I traded an ESP Surge and an SSS Wizard to get two more in case Discraft mistakenly decides not to put these into production.

Last edited:
BRP with brother-in-law, sister, and fiancee today. My Fiancée's third round ever. It's the shorter (non-majestic) layout. Fiancée shot 90 over, but had a lot of fun. I shot 2 under. 1 tee shot, 2 approaches, and 2 putts are still in my head.
Highlights: I carded a 3 on hole four and I made a killer twenty foot putt underhanding an aviar vertically between two trees on 25. Not sure I could duplicate it.

2 down at BRP is amazing.

I shot +6 awhile back and thought I was a god. :D

A 3 on hole four should get you bragging rights and free beer (not from me) forever.

Nice work!

:hfive:

garbage. lost my tsunami.

started off promising and then just garbage. don't know what happened, either. more discing is in order tomorrow. field work and a round or two.

2 down at BRP is amazing.

I shot +6 awhile back and thought I was a god. :D

A 3 on hole four should get you bragging rights and free beer (not from me) forever.

Nice work!

:hfive:

Well, thank you. It was the most consistent round I've had this summer. Had a couple bad one get away, but pleased overall. My 3 on hole four was kind of flukey. ROC off the tee faded out early but ended up on the path left of the fairway near the ob. Open look for the back door forehand. Bragging rights short-lived though as my b-i-l went comet-shark-putt for his three as well. We probably won't do that again. I sixed it two weekends ago.

Well, thank you. It was the most consistent round I've had this summer. Had a couple bad one get away, but pleased overall. My 3 on hole four was kind of flukey. ROC off the tee faded out early but ended up on the path left of the fairway near the ob. Open look for the back door forehand. Bragging rights short-lived though as my b-i-l went comet-shark-putt for his three as well. We probably won't do that again. I sixed it two weekends ago.

Fluke or not, that's awesome.

My best on that hole is a 5. I usually hit a six on that bad boy, which gets me an early two stroke lead on the rest of the snowman throwers in my group. :D

Was playing reasonably well at Ditto Farms in Hagerstown, MD when a torrential downpour put an end to my round. Had a solid, for me, four on the 766' hole #4 with my approach coming up just short and rolling, literally, under the basket. I just might have a legit shot at a 3 on that hole one day. :p

The course is still really new and since I played last time, they've put up some nice (probably temporary) tee-signs. Really looking forward to the two sets of concrete tees, and then 18 more permanent baskets. Should be very, very good when all is said and done!

Don't really ever post here because in general, I suck....but yesterday I set a course record at the Dragons Lair in South Korea (9 hole course) with a six under. One of those days where nearly every shot goes right...

Same course today. One under...barely. I had three birdies and two bogies. At least one of my par saves was pure luck thanks to a helpful gust of wind.

Talk about hot and cold.

Got to get in two great rounds at my home course today. I shot back to back +3's (that is my best as of right now) on our nine holer at Highland Park. That may not sound good to a lot of you but, some of our par 3's are longer than most of the other courses around. I felt I strung a lot of good shots together for the first time with consistency. I trusted my first instinct on disc selection and stuck with it. Drives were good, approaches were hitting and my putting was solid. Posted my first two birdies on our shortest hole here as well! I hope today's awesomeness can carry over to tomorrow...I CAN'T WAIT!

Had to change my reach back recently due to pain in my shoulder and its been the best thing I've done for my game in a while. Basically instead of reaching straight back I mimic Schultz's reach back. More distance with less effort and better accuracy has been the result. Today I played my home course, Bradford, from the shorts and shot -5. I was +1 after 9 holes but shot an awesome -6 on the back. Didn't even have to make a putt outside the circle.

Played two rounds in Winona today - morning round at the Willows, afternoon at the Woods.

AM round was forgettable.

PM round, made par there for the first time. Threw soft and for accuracy, made a couple big putts, so I'm pretty satisfied.

Beautiful day today to be out and about at a couple pretty scenic courses.

First 18 hole round under my age - granted it was an easy course (NorthRidge Church in Plymouth, MI), and I'm getting up there, but I think 7 under is pretty solid for a 4515 ft 18 hole course.

^^^You're 6!?! Well that explains the comments...:p :D

My partner and I shot +1 at Ann Mo doubles today, with the ace pot at $1200. It may be that no doubles has ever shot over par before. I don't want to talk about it. :wall:

Last edited:
Played a solo round of 9 holes at the local course and shot -2 (not great for me). Then two guys I know show up that play a lot of tournies and it gets in my head and I crap the bed and shoot +3 my second 9...

I missed a 4 foot putt. That's how bad it was. :doh:

Like baboon butt, plus the bottom dropped on me by hole 15 and soaked me to the bone. But I was out there to return a disc to its rightful owner so all's well that ends well.

Played -2 then woke up and hit -11 at Oak Grove.

Still looking for my main putter..

Played well at BRP on Saturday so the confidence was high heading out for two rounds of 9 at Loch Ness. So, of course, I struggled. Couldn't hit a line to save my life. I am, however, getting proficient with a forehand snap roller to get out of trouble.
It was fun to see the improvement my fiancee made though. She's pushing her hot pink opto diamond out around 200 feet now in just four rounds and some field time. She could only throw it fifty feet to start. She also canned a 35 foot par putt to snag a par. :) it's pretty cool because she has RA and there's a limit to what she can do physically, but as of yet disc golf isn't stressing her joints much. Kind of fun to watch the newbie development.
* moment of silence for my lost gray GL Havoc on hole 2.

I just got back from my round. Threw 8 over. About average, but sucky. On hole 8, I found myself with the worst lie I've ever had before. I was right behind a willow type tree and couldn't go FH, BH, over, under....nothing. I tried a crazy BH anny that turned over too much and ended up with double bogey from what should have been par.

I think I need to do some extra work with bad lies, seeing how to get out of trouble.

I just got back from my round. Threw 8 over. About average, but sucky. On hole 8, I found myself with the worst lie I've ever had before. I was right behind a willow type tree and couldn't go FH, BH, over, under....nothing. I tried a crazy BH anny that turned over too much and ended up with double bogey from what should have been par.

I think I need to do some extra work with bad lies, seeing how to get out of trouble.

There is nothing worse than getting to your lie and discovering there is literally no way to throw a shot of any kind. Well, except maybe not being able to find your disc. Unfortunately for me, I know this feeling all too well.

Played Ham Lake today and shot -9 for 9 holes. Had an ACE on #3 from the short tees (Back tee there kind of sucks so we play short, 280 ft.). Chained out an ace on #8 too. I was in the zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.