• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played my best round to date tonight. Was a league tag night at Crestmont Park. Started out great when I parked my Buzzz on the first hole and came away with an early duece. Then I completely sh!t the bed with a 6-5-5, I just wanted to crawl into a hole at that point. Rallied to finish the round +5. Had some more dueces, lots of pars, and a few bogeys. Felt really, really good. Came away with the highest tag but only because I tied with someone else who brought a lower tag.

Haven't even practiced in 3 days...and I have a couple of par 3s on my property! :wall:

Definitely finding a way to get at least a quick 9 in tomorrow.

Today I played Leagues at O'hauser DGC and had 1 bogey and 7 birdies, left 2 more birds out there from missed putts inside of 20 feet. I won adv and felt very good with my 48 on that course, my best round there so far.

Won the local singles league tonight. I shot okay, but 2 bogeys and 4 missed putts in the circle felt terrible. Shot a 4 down, but could have been 8 down really easily.

meh. was playing fast to beat the sunset; screwed up some easy shots, don't even know what i shot specifically.

but i did nail a 50-60 foot putt with my firm summit. yeeeeeeeeeeeeea boi!

In the wind, not bad. Lost some concentration a few times. +5.

Someone shot 50 with his handicap (20), though, so not in the money.

Pretty good...the field work is paying off. Bombed a 320' hole by about 25'. I've never even made it TO that hole before!

ugh, lost my favorite teebird on a stupid throw. Still don't know why i threw so soft over the water. Under threw my line by a good 20'. Hopefully a good soul will find it, and not the a-hole who has sold over 1,000 discs he's illegally gotten out of the water (signs posted no trespassing the water, parks department only gives our club the legal standing to dredge the pond for discs) won't call anyone, or drop in lost disc dropbox on site either.

Checked three courses off of my list:

Estabrook Park - Milwaukee : Short, technical 18 holer
Jackson Park - Jackson, WI : Crappy but fun little pitch n putt
Woodlawn Union Park - Hartford, WI : Another crappy little PnP. Not as fun.

Shot -2 at Estabrook after a rocky start.

Checked three courses off of my list:

Estabrook Park - Milwaukee : Short, technical 18 holer
Jackson Park - Jackson, WI : Crappy but fun little pitch n putt
Woodlawn Union Park - Hartford, WI : Another crappy little PnP. Not as fun.

Shot -2 at Estabrook after a rocky start.

I'd like to get back to Estabrook. We played last summer, and I think I was -3. I'd like to think I'd do much better now.

I really need to get to Dretzka and Brown Deer first, though.

I'd like to get back to Estabrook. We played last summer, and I think I was -3. I'd like to think I'd do much better now.

I really need to get to Dretzka and Brown Deer first, though.

The funny part is I thought I was heading to Brown Deer. I punch the wrong address into my phone, zoned out and ended up at Estabrook (from downtown).

I certainly could have shot better at Estabrook. I probably should have warmed up a bit before I played, because the first few holes were just dumb for me.

I don't always play a good round, but when I do, I make a post at DGCR! My partner and I won random-draw doubles at Rotary Park last night with a score of eleven under!

Unfortunately, the money wasn't enough for me to quit my day job...

Played Bohart Upper near Bozeman MT. 2 down after 16 holes, really good for me. Finished with an 8 on 17 and a 5 on 18 to ruin what could have been one of my best rounds. 17 always kills me tho, I average over 5 on what is a challenging but doable par 4.

Best round yet. I'm utilizing rollers to great results. Also I've learned the backhand back facing target technique. Is there a name to this. Wow, does that come in handy. Had a 60 ay Hiestadt Park in Madison with two unplayable shots so two penalties.

My length has gone from 180 feet on July1st (first round) to 260 now (round 24ish).

I'm pumped and learning my plastic. Each disc has its own personalities (good AND bad).

Had a great round of doubles the other night. -13 on the night and at least 8 of those were from my drives and/or putts. Came in second place on the first 9 and then won the back 9 after the re-flip.

My drives and putts were both locked down, felt really good all night. Nice to keep up and play well against some of the local pros.

I had my best round to date at Turner Park in Grand Prairie, TX. 57 (-1), six shots better than my previous best there. This after a three-week layoff, too

been playing little pitch and putt courses the last couple days and practice putting a lot. finally put my mental putter dilemma to bed and stuffed my putter pocket with ions again. was auditioning the anode and swan for a bit but i love that lil fade at the end with ions. surprisingly been liking my medium ions, proton and neutron. i straddle pitch putt and i swear i read somewhere that those who do the same prefer stiffer putters..
anyways out hurr trappin big birdies an stuff.

Played two rounds at Crestmont tonight. First round I tied a personal best with a +5. Felt really good about the round. Riding high from the last round I thought I'd turn around and play another round to see if I could play even better. Backfired horribly. I think I got pretty tired and was racing the sun. Shot a +11. Oh well, still had fun. Always learning and trying new shots.

not bad!!!

gotta practice my putting more, but tonight was a big confidence boost for me. i made 14/18 putts tonight in our doubles round; only 1 of those 4 misses was inside the circle. my partner and i were taking turns on hot and cold; it was great, though! we took second by one stroke . . . and i can name 3 spots where we could have made that up. REALLY wanted the win . . . walked out with 10$ a piece instead of 45$. damn. i think we could have also gotten another deuce or two if i had been more aggressive on my longer putts.

partner made a freaking HUGE birdie save that jump-started our round and from then on out we were, for the most part, golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts