• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. I've been retooling, or at least reexamining, my driving form lately, and not always with positive results. It can be a frustrating process. But today was the first day where I really felt like I was making progress. I'm mostly trying to develop more snap - which I currently don't consider myself very good at doing - and finally was getting some good results. It's been difficult to increase the violence of my release without tightening up or otherwise forcing other parts of my throw. But I'm working on it.

Which reminds me: I need to get some throws on tape so I can get some feedback in the technique forum.

Anyway, I was 2 inches away from hitting my first ace: had an Underworld hit the very top of the basket on City Park hole 17. First time I've hit the pin and had a near-ace like that. I had a good laugh at it; it would have been pretty sweet to hit it, but even just catching the basket was a thrill.

I played a new course to me (well, they are all pretty much new) and I didnt do too bad. +3. I was -2 going into the final 3 holes. 16 was brutal for me. Had a huge downslope on the left side of the basket and my putt hit the cage and rolled about 75 ft.

Also had the best form I've had since I started replaying. When I reeled off a 390ft drive to park it under the basket I knew that I've got my form back for the most part.

I played today after a few day layoff and shot pretty well. I haven't been able to really work on my game as much as I'd like thanks to a combo of work and back issues, which thankfully have been clearing up.

I brought the dog with me, so I just brought five discs with me: KCPA, PA4, ESP Comet, Roc3 and a 12X FB. Parred out until hole 8, finally got warmed up and threw a nice easy hyzer flip under the basket with the PA4. Almost the same story at 9, but a pesky tree left me with a 30 footer that I whiffed on.

Really felt good on the back nine, my thumber was really working for me today. Got some tough pars with it on 10 and 12, and birdies on 15 and 16. Skipped 17 (jungle in the fairway :p), then finished with a deuce on 18 to take it home. Had a chance to be a PB for me if I could've caught some breaks on the front half.

Well....... I'm not sure if I would call what I did this morning could be considered "disc golf" or checking every tree in the woods for insect damage or oak wilt etc. If there was a tree within 10 feet of where my disc was, the tree and I became good friends. I threw my back out just about a week ago and even the back brace I was wearing could not help the pain mentally I was having during todays round. I am thankful my partner was understandable and patient during the tree hollacaust which transpired.
It was bad and humilitating. I'm going to bed now with my blankie. :(

Didn't really play spectacularly well, but finished 5th in Rec at the Columbus King of Courses all day event (63 tournament holes over about ten hours). But I did wind up with their season point series trophy for my division and some loot! :D

Nice!

I played pretty dang good today. Ended up +3 while only using one alternate tee at Mesker. I have to get a different putter and really practice my technique. I'd easily be par if I hadnt missed a few 10-12 footers.

I played on the bad side of my norm (usually around 69 to 72) at Harry Myers, and eight worse than my course best.

The best part is that my son posted a 69 to beat the "old man" for the very first time since we started playing Disc Golf last November. Needless to say we were both thrilled, me more quietly than he!

Curtis

Played really well today, shot a -3 through 20 holes at Kit Carson and got my first ace ever at hole 15 :D
I've been messing with my bag for fun lately and have a lot of dx plastic and am loving it. I may not switch back to my old higher end stuff

Well I'm playing consistent. Play two rounds at Crestmont again tonight and played +6 each round. My putting is nowhere near where it should be right now. Wonder if I could talk my wife into a basket :D

Well....... I'm not sure if I would call what I did this morning could be considered "disc golf" or checking every tree in the woods for insect damage or oak wilt etc. If there was a tree within 10 feet of where my disc was, the tree and I became good friends. I threw my back out just about a week ago and even the back brace I was wearing could not help the pain mentally I was having during todays round. I am thankful my partner was understandable and patient during the tree hollacaust which transpired.
It was bad and humilitating. I'm going to bed now with my blankie. :(

LOL!!! :p Hope you feel, and play better, soon!

Nothing too special to many here, but PR'd today with a big ol' 1 under, haha

Starting to figure out what line with what disc and getting smarter about when to run and when to lay up...at least I *think* I'm getting smarter, haha.

meh. played advanced for the first time at our little league; took 2nd with +3 on a course i'd never played before.

truth be told, i probably could have shaved 3 strokes just by managing the course a little better. the guy who beat me finished at -3 so it wouldn't have mattered, but personal pride comes into play. i usually play smarter than i did, but i also LOST my main driving putter so i had to use different discs than i normally would have for a lot of shots.

go the disc back at the end of the round, though. :D

We didn't have many turn out today for doubles, so we decided to play alternate shot. That's the first time I've ever played alternate shot. Pretty cool way to play! Though not as consistent as I'm wanting yet, I can tell my putting is getting better :thmbup:

meh. played advanced for the first time at our little league; took 2nd with +3 on a course i'd never played before.

truth be told, i probably could have shaved 3 strokes just by managing the course a little better. the guy who beat me finished at -3 so it wouldn't have mattered, but personal pride comes into play. i usually play smarter than i did, but i also LOST my main driving putter so i had to use different discs than i normally would have for a lot of shots.

go the disc back at the end of the round, though. :D

What course did you play?

I'm not sure what California doubles is, but the way we played was one person would drive then the other would take the next shot and so on until it was made.

It seems that each of my last 3-4 rounds have been worse than the one before it. I'm hesitant to call this a slump, but, dam I feel like I'm playing like ****. The worst part is I don't even know what I can blame it on.

Usually I can look at a round and say I could have made 3-4 more putts and been good, but every part of my game is suffering right now. Can't get off the tee, no good up shots and don't even get me started on putting...
These times are soooo frustrating!

It seems that each of my last 3-4 rounds have been worse than the one before it. I'm hesitant to call this a slump, but, dam I feel like I'm playing like ****. The worst part is I don't even know what I can blame it on.

Usually I can look at a round and say I could have made 3-4 more putts and been good, but every part of my game is suffering right now. Can't get off the tee, no good up shots and don't even get me started on putting...
These times are soooo frustrating!

I had a day like that. I think i am taking tomorrow off from dg.

Status
Not open for further replies.