• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threw an excellent -11 after 18 to win a random-draw best-shot doubles. I'm guessing my partner was 14 years old. Ended up taking almost all of my drives; but he putted first and successfully. Second place was -10, and then a 4 way tie with -8.

Had a great day of golf! My partner and I went -10 on a doubles round at HB( could have been -13 but missed 3 stupid putts ) I shot my best round at La Mirada frontside going -1.. Got my first bag tag from the group! Today was a good day.

went out on a new course and it was a sweet course. my play on the other hand was far from sweet. I think after I play this course a couple more times and figure the lines out a little better I will do alright out there. was very happy to shoot this course, and am really hoping that the gentleman that took me to the course, showed me the layout, and played the round with me is willing to go again. all told it was a good day, just had some really bad throws.

Pretty rough round today. Actually I've been in a slump the last few weeks. My game is just off. Even did some field work (quite a bit actually) today and just came away from it frustrated. It might be time for me step away and take a little break. I run a Wednesday night league and a Friday morning league, so maybe I'll just only play those days for the next few weeks... Give the mind and body a little rest from disc golf.

Finished 5th in Rec division at the first event of the Indiana Fall Series. Not very happy with my performances of late since my proceedure. i've not thrown well, putted well, stamina and endurance are lacking. i've got to get better in all aspects if i'm gonna improve my game.

Been working on a tunnel shot that has to hyzer into a basket recessed in the woods, it's like a super blind hole. When I threw, I knew it was perfect, and was sure I would hear chains. Went out to check the shot and a guy yelled, "that was an ace if they hadn't moved the basket this morning."

Sure enough, my disc was pin-high, about ten feet deeper in the woods than where the pin should have been. Ended up taking par on the hole.

Not a happy man, am I.

Bleh.... +21 at Whistlers Bend. Don't suppose that's all that horrible being that this only my 4th round ever played. I'll take bogey golf with the occasional par/birdie. Would have been better, but I got lax on a few short (<15ft) putts. Plus, I played 2 discs the whole 18. Got a little tired towards the end. All in all I can't complain. Beautiful weather and scenery.A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work!

I was -6 for 18 holes at Aptos High School yesterday. Second best round ever there, and these positions were harder than my previous best. Made my 30- putts, and hit my 300 foot or less drives pretty consistently. Almost Aced hole 8 coming down the hill with my AfterShock. The day before I was -7 playing doubles there with no bogies. Good Times.

Played my first tournament yesterday at Golden Gate Park. Shot a 89, which is about 12 strokes worse than my worst previous round. :doh:

Still had a great time though. It's all a learning experience for me. Already had a couple people say I was sandbagging to get a better handicap. Thought that was pretty funny, especially after reading through the sandbagging thread.

BDA

Played the scrapyard on Saturday to the tune of -5 (1000 rated). I was pretty happy, but I still missed a few putts and didn't get off the pad very well with the backhand.

Got out to the field yesterday and made great progress. Went and played a few holes afterwards and loved the result. Now gotta go out and play.

Seeking for my first ever 1000 rated pdga round.... One Day...

pretty okay. played kinda crappy at acorn my first 18, +3, then got in a groove and tore up the front nine to the tune of -1, and that's with missing two gimme putts. ah, what could have been . . . considering my best round is -3. got too dark to continue without risking losing a disc, though. the greater good prevailed. better safe than really pissed off about losing a disc.

Played like crap.. i couldnt hit a line with my FH and shot +2, But I met a pretty cool dude from Oklahoma who said he was a member on this site. I dont for the life of me remember his name but we played the front 18 at La Mirada.

I played well but for 3 holes. We played 5 midranges only at UNC all short baskets/tees. I shot a 51 with a 5 and 2 4's. I lost by one.

I beat my friend at Granite Ridge a few days ago. That's quite the feat for me.

Tonight at doubles leagues I played like **** but parked (about a 7 ft putt) a 600 ft downhill hole. I'm ok with that.

Met my nephew who is junior at the U of M at Lakewood Hills. We had a wonderful 18 holes. My game has taken a good turn in that the trees were almost non-existant. My drives were fairly good and my practice has payed off around the basket.
What was really interesting was the lack of other players since the weather was very nice, low 70's with bluebird sky.
One of my best days of the year!!

18 holes, 8 birds, one bogey. practicing for a tourny in october at a small course near my house. last year i got beat by a guy who threw thumbers off every teebox, this time ill show him alllllll the proper backhand lines.

Three rounds of +1 from the shorts at Rollin' Ridge today. Much better than the +8 I put up early in the summer....and I still felt like I shot kinda crappy.

Score didn't reflect how poor my drives off the tee were. Ugh.

Short game saved me tonight.

I realized I need to just freaking settle on a 'main' driver/mid/putter and just get a billion molds of each.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts