• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty okay. played kinda crappy at acorn my first 18, +3, then got in a groove and tore up the front nine to the tune of -1, and that's with missing two gimme putts. ah, what could have been . . . considering my best round is -3. got too dark to continue without risking losing a disc, though. the greater good prevailed. better safe than really pissed off about losing a disc.

Acorn is my winter nemesis. I do pretty well there during the summer, but I have a buddy who LOVES winter disc there and it kicks my A$$ every time.

I guess the pond at Hole 1 is usually frozen during the winter, so that's a plus...

:gross:

I hit my first ace today. It was on hole 14 at my home course. It skipped off the ground and into the basket. A freaking skipping ACE! =D I usually use my buzzz for this 297 foot hole but I was letting my friend borrow it and it's the only over-stable mid that I have so I used my champion beast instead. I don't have any over-stable fairways =/. Anyway, I signed my name and date on the basket and the course and date on my disc. :clap:

Played yesterday afternoon. Drives were good, but I missed 3 long birdie putts, and 4 long par putts. Didn't get to finish my round because of mosquitoes and darkness. Kinda sucked overall.

after some tweaks to my now WALK up, my game is starting to improve yet again. I have finally figured out how to not force everything. Slow and easy and seeming to get about the same distance but more accuraccy. After two rounds at my local 9 hole, i finished at 4 under for the day. I am extremely happy with that. Especially since i was not playing out of the woods on hole one after my tee shot.

Met my nephew who is junior at the U of M at Lakewood Hills. We had a wonderful 18 holes. My game has taken a good turn in that the trees were almost non-existant. My drives were fairly good and my practice has payed off around the basket.
What was really interesting was the lack of other players since the weather was very nice, low 70's with bluebird sky.
One of my best days of the year!!

:clap::thmbup: glad to hear it man. i am working all weekend but off monday and tuesday. shoot me a text if you want to hit a course again.

I played just good enough for my partner to drag me to a win at the weekly dubs this evening in yucaipa. Actually I think I played pretty good for a schlub, but it was obvious that my best throw of the day was my first one when we were flipping for teams.

Finished in the money today in our weekly doubles. Played with one of the better players in the league but we actually used a good amount of my shots so I really felt like I contributed and didn't just ride his coat tails. Was really fun. My game is really starting to come together. My wallet is really feeling the pain though :D

Skipped playing today (I play EVERY day) to do course work--the first day in the 70 degree area--and swung a string trimmer on 7-8 holes where growth was overtaking the course. It felt good. Hoping that karma extends to my doubles league round tomorrow.

Went out for a solo round at BRP this morning and hooked up with a cool threesome. Shot my personal best on the course (still left a few out there) so that was awesome. Probably all the good vibes from the other three guys letting me tag along. Thanks Keith, Dan, and Rod.

So close to a perfect round from the standard tees, I missed my line on hole 6 by mere inches, then I clanged an awkward straddle anny jumper off the yellow band, besides that I couldn't miss a putt, I birdied them all to tie my personal best at -7 (8 birdies, one bogey). My putting only improved on the "back" 9 (alternate tees), I posted my best score ever at a -7, leaving me at my best 18 hole score, -14.

I suppose I should go throw the gold now to see what I can do there.

I shot really well to start with, got through the first 9, and then kinda tanked. Trying out new driving forms for a whole round is exhausting and frustrating.

I played lousy in the ace race, only one ace.
But then I won the $5 dubs match afterwards and got back my ace race entry plus a lil extra :)

drove really well, putted really poorly. SSDD

This is what I did....but I'm attributing it to playing with new putters. Parked a hole I had never come all that close to...so that was good.

One of those days where my score didn't reflect how I felt like I played. 36 holes today after 72 yesterday. Football tonight and tomorrow...a damn fine weekend.

eh.

i've been trying a two finger grip in field work as per sidewinder22's instructions and i got fed up just throwing discs in a field.

so, took some discs to a local 9-holer to embarrass myself and give it a shot. driving was awful, everything went straight because everything was nose-up. then it started raining, awesome.

took some time to practice straddle putting despite the rain. have to say it's definitely pretty darn accurate when you get the feel for it. practiced for about a half an hour but was frustrated with how much hyzer i wound up putting with and how much loft was on the putts. i like to go straight at the basket, but i can't argue with the results that style gave me. made a long uphill putt to save duece; pretty cool. can say i normally wouldn't make that putt, but i really do hate putting the disc's flight above the top of the basket.

Traded a bunch of non-throwers for some new DGA Gel straps. So now I can at least look the part, until I throw, that is.

Traded a bunch of non-throwers for some new DGA Gel straps. So now I can at least look the part, until I throw, that is.

:clap:

That's how I felt today lugging my Grip bag around and getting looks while I grip locked EVERYTHING.

Dude, you and I need to get together for a round sometime soon. Maybe meet up at Rollin Ridge or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts