• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won our weekly and doubles afterwards yesterday! Turning a $2 investment into $25 is a pretty good day for me. Ace runs were everywhere, and it almost felt easy once I was warmed up. I wish every day could go like that.

scored an 88 at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT (only played 18 and not the alphabet holes)

Best I've done at the course as my previous scores were over 100 with or without playing the extra 4 holes.

Most of the reduction in my score is due to just doing a smooth pull through teeing off and letting it fly like that, my 138g Teebird goes dead straight with zero fade, I think I pulled off a 300 foot drive twice with it today (my norm is 220-250, but that is when I was muscling everything) Also loving the Roc as the past 3 or so rounds with it I've hit some long putts, had a 20 footer sneak between two trees and fade at just the right moment to bang chains today on hole 13 I believe. Last weekend at Cross Farms in Tolland, CT I had a 100 foot blind throw with one of my Rocs that banged chains, I felt so good after that. Next day I scored an 82 on a course I normally score 89 (literally almost every time I play Cross Farms I score an 89) If nothing I am fairly consistent on that course. Now that I have better form I think my scores will drop lower. I did find that the Prometheus I bought really only works as a roller for me.

Got to mess around with my new Northman for the first time WITHOUT 25 - 30 MPH WINDS....

Great disc. Could really replace the Viking I just ordered. :|

Shot 4 down at the local course and had a good conversation with a good friend. Can't ask for much more than that.

still practicing the course for the tourny. this weekend, played like garbage this morning. hit the first tree if applicable, one time sending my new tp giant into a pond. still played a great recovery game and shot under par but god was it dirty. they just installed teepads at this course, and the angles are different than how the course played before, what a mind ****.

Played a B-tier tournament 61 total holes on 3 tough courses with tough layouts. No Double bogies! Pretty sure that's the first time I've done that.

Hadn't played a round in about a month. Went out and hit 8 birds and one bogey (ob water) in a round that felt very good. I tend to do better in a round when I'm taking it easy and playing with a calmer attitude. The more aggressive I am, the worse I tend to do. I need to work on transitioning this over to tournament rounds.

won our weekend league yesterday and the day before played one of my best rounds i can remember.. and still left a couple out there... finally feels like my oldself is coming back into form

I had a awesome day on my local 9 hole course. I ended up my 1st round with a +3/ 30 and a 2nd round of a +2/ 29. These are not the best scores ever (to some) but my game is getting better. I have been making better/stronger shots along with better disc choices as well.

My shot of the day was where I was blocked from the basket by a building and had to throw a blind hyzer to the basket. I end up there having to make this shot sometime and I have gotten close to the basket several times. Today was the day I heard the awesome sound of chains smashing and it was loud! I was afraid I would find my beat down trusty Tbird on the ground...when I got to the basket, it was laying face down in there! This was my longest shot for a bird, ever!

Came so close to an ace today. Tacoed my champ tl in the side of the basket. I heard it hit metal and was waiting to see the disc. Never hit ground so I step to the side and there she is stuck in the side of the basket. That felt awesome as heck. An ace woulda been better, but i will take what I am gonna name the taco ace just as well. LOL.

Quick 18 @ Boone Woods Park with a couple friends yesterday after work. Personal best at the course, -9. 1 bogey, 7 pars, and 10 birds. My putting was on fire, otherwise I would have probably been around 4 or 5 down.

played in the Mohawk Invitational Sunday. Tough course in absolutely Brutal monsoon conditions.
Shot 85-91 (par 72) to finish 3rd in Rec. The good news i got the CTP on hole 24 and picked up 3 cool discs and a t-shirt.

Well, I am trying something new after reading some threads on discing down. So.. I went and played my local course whick is by all accounts a pitch and putt. This course is mostly wooded so very technical shots need to by used. After practicing my discing down, I used my SoftMagnet and Classic Roc. I parked almost every hole and finished at 4 under for 18 holes. I felt pretty good. I was shaping some shots and made some long putts.
This discing down is going to take some time getting it down.

Played Lincoln Ridge since it's been a while, and I've got a league event and a tourney coming up there. Parked several holes I'd never parked before, putted well, suffered only one bogie, and shot a personal best 65!

...only the second time I've shot a (DGCR) 1000 rated round on a competitive course. Pretty stoked about that! :thmbup:

ps: check out the course condition update (evidence I was feeling elated).

Played a monthly BagTag event in the Hualapai mountains outside of Kingman on Sunday. Set up the temporary back 9 for an 18 hole layout. Shot poorly in the first round, including a quadruple bogey with 4 70-80' roll aways on conservative up shots on a hole I birdie more than 50% of the time. Recovered enough to get an even 54 on the round. Shot the hot round of 47 the second round to lose by 2. Including a 5 hole stretch where I missed 4 putts inside of 18'. Hopefully that has me warmed up for a much bigger bagtag event in Vegas this coming weekend.

Figured out the new teepad configurations for 9 different looks at the existing baskets at the Horicon course (we're pouring concrete in two weeks), and then played a quick nine with the boys before the sun went down.

Shot -3, which wasn't bad considering I was mostly goofing around.

I was down by 2 with three holes to go for my Am state championship and I hit three birds in a row to finish and win on Sunday. I parked 16 and 18 and Hole 17 was a 65 foot putt up a steep hill for bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts