• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 9 earlier today, and was even par for the first time! :clap:

A little tip from Pete at Pure Flight Disc Golf gained me some distance and straightened my drives out a hair. That and throwing an all Vibram bag have shaved some strokes lately. Next up, an under par round! :thmbup:

Played Stafford Lake on Saturday with some friends. Had a pretty good round overall (+13) for me. On hole 17 though, which has a tee several hundred feet above the basket, I recorded a 462 foot drive!!! Pretty darn exciting, even though most of that is because of the extra height of course.

bda

Sucked horribly in the wind. Found a disc. My form is just all over the place right now...thinking it's a footwork issue. Or maybe an "I'm just not very good" issue.

Sucked horribly in the wind. Found a disc. My form is just all over the place right now...thinking it's a footwork issue. Or maybe an "I'm just not very good" issue.

two steps forward and one step back. at least that's that i keep telling myself. :doh:

two steps forward and one step back. at least that's that i keep telling myself. :doh:

Just having a really hard time translating field work to the rounds. Then again, even the field work hasn't felt great lately. Lots of accuracy and release issues.

Shot a 55 (2 under) at Fort Yargo on an early morning round. It's always nice to make a 60 foot birdie putt on 18 to close out the round.

Just having a really hard time translating field work to the rounds. Then again, even the field work hasn't felt great lately. Lots of accuracy and release issues.

Most of my complaints about my form on this thread are due to accuracy and release issues. And I'm with you on translating field work into production.

:doh:

Most of my complaints about my form on this thread are due to accuracy and release issues. And I'm with you on translating field work into production.

:doh:

I just got some new Del's, and it's taking some used to wearing those after some MUCH lighter/smaller hiking shoes. Now my putting is even going away, and that's been my strong suit. I was making everything 25' and in, and now I'm clanging ten footers.

Played the Haunted woods @ Boondocks sunday.Never played the course before so first rd was a learning experience. second rd was much better. finished 2nd one throw outta first. putted much better with my new PA4's. still leading the Indiana Fall Series in Rec division.

Glad I went to Lincoln Ridge to try out my new bubblegum pink StarLite Tern. It made the bag by parking 19, NOT rolling to the ravine on 15 (though my upshot managed it :(), and generally coming out with all the expected Star performance. I also note I shoot right at 3 strokes better per 18 in casual compared to tourney play. I need to relax and have fun competing, huh? :p

ps...^^^greetings, my Liege!^^^ our fall traveling league will be up there to Boondocks in a couple of weeks. Any advice is welcome!

Tied my best round at Bald Eagle, -7 from the standard tees with an ace, I've hit -7 10 times or so, I had 2 jump putts just off the rim of the cage, one of these days...

Played a round in the morning with 5 discs. Eagle L, roc3, gator, rhyno, and judge. Mainly for a practice round to make myself learn the gator and work on short flick shots. Played -2 which on my home courser is pretty good. Then I played this afternoon with a condor only and won the 4some through 14 holes then left for work.

Fantastic. Shaved three strokes off my best score at the course here. I attribute this entirely to the 200 putts a day I've taken the past 5 days

More putting practice. It's a cool feeling thinking that I have a good chance of making putts in the 30' range instead of feeling like it's a crap-shoot. And it's funny how much bigger the basket seems to look when I'm confident. And no I didn't get a new prescription for my contacts.

Last edited:
Played a glow round tonight. Played great considering I only use 2 drivers, midrange, and a putter. Almost shot a personal best. I really don't think anything beats playing glow. Sweatshirt weather with no hat. Life is good :thmbup:

-3 at Ottawa park, Toledo. Even after 16 holes (2 birds, 2 bogies), deuced the final 3. Had been thinking of dropping my Ti Wasp to try out some Hornets, and then proceeded to get myself in putting range on 5 holes with it, and a 2nd drive on one of my bogues.

Lots of phantom putting in the living room. Going to build a frame, stretch a net across it and use it for putting practice. Will tape off a small section of netting with duct tape as a target or cut a hole in the net for the discs to pass through for a "catch" and some sort of bin for them to land in. Went to gggt and felt up my main putter's brethren. Took two home, will be back for more. In my head, I played quite well. :) fall and winter are already driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.