• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attended the finale for our local doubles league; a round of glow at Redeemer Park. I was happy to shoot a 51 with my partner although we were a few strokes out of the money; fun stuff!

In a word, ERRATIC! Wimpy drives, sprayed the upshots all over the place, and my putting was atrocious. Shot +7 at the Dizzle. I'm surprised my score was as low as it was. At least there wasn't any double bogeys.

All in all a beautiful day.

Left my putters in the basket at home and had to use my daughter's Ruby, and it was way too windy for it so putting sucked. Still 1-over, though. Pinnacle Rival was working -- 300-ft laser -- it's a beautiful thing.

Played a putters and mids only round. Played poorly, but can't blame the lack of my Patriot, Cyclone, and Underworld. The trees attacked my Pain and Comet. It was still a beautiful day to be out by the lake throwing plastic.

more work at the local 9'er. took a -3, meh. would've been satisfied with a worse score if my putting had been better.

did a lot of work at the practice basket and figured it out; back on track. i love how 30-45 foot putts no longer seem daunting. i used to always worry about my comeback putts and try to gently settle it into the chains. now i just run it and put it in if i miss. no biggie.

been purposely beating in my 171g soft wizard, man that thing is straight now. such a workable putter. i think i'm going to just use it for putting now and start to beat up/grind down the bead on my harder organic so i can get it to a sweet spot and keep it as my main driver for a long time.

Last edited:
Finished second in our nine-week long handicapped league by one throw. One lousy throw. To the guy who talked on a putt I missed on the second hole… :p

Played my local 2 courses today had a blast. Worked on putting and driving with a putter. One of the last times before the snow hits. So I would say awesome time and did prerty darn good cold hands where worth it.

Played my home course today with a friend that has been playing for a while but is just starting to get the form down. Had a great time showing him the ropes and wasn't even think about my score.
I step up to 15 and realize I just birdied 8,9,11,12,13, and 14 along with 2 and 4. So with bogeys on 3 and 7 I'm still at -6. My personal best is -5 so I tightened up and played serious trying to beat my best and ended up shooting birds on 15,16, and 18. Ended -9 beating my personal best by 4 strokes.
The icing on the cake is doing it in front of someone your trying to teach. I always seem to bang trees when I'm trying to show someone something so it felt good to shoot lights out for most of the day.

I've really been in a funk lately. My approach shots are the strong part of my game and the past few rounds it's like I just lost it. The 18 mph winds didn't help yesterday either.

Yesterday threw my new personal best at Eagle Ridge in Oswego, Il. -3. Pretty stoked on that!

Played OK in 25+ mph winds. Working on beating in DX Eagle-X and Pro Leo, but ended up throwing DX Firebird on basically everything that wasn't a putt or short approach. Good day for working in more hyzer lines into my game.

shot a pair of 50's (-8) to win Pro at the BCDGA monthly at Cougar Country in Boiling Spring Lakes, NC = $19

Threw terribly in a tournament yesterday. On a course where my personal best is 9-under in 18 holes, I shot 8-under in two rounds of 21. Yes, there's a difference between average and personal best and there's a difference between casual and tournament rounds, but I still should have shot at least 4-6 shots better.

2 decent rounds, 2 crappy rounds at Lower Cato Falls. Just couldn't string anything together...horribly inconsistent.

Picked up three new Wizards for $20, though, so all is well.

I decided to only use mids yesterday to see how I would fair over at Sylmar course. I didn't do too bad. I got +4 on the course and got a couple birds. That Pinnacle ghost and pretty beat KC Roc worked magically off the tee for all short holes. Good to know...

Well the winds up here were unreal 25++mph. So... I played a wooded course. My Amp was working fabulous. Parked 5 of the 9 holes which ended up at -5 for 18. Felt good since thismaybe the last time I will play till the snow hits. Nice thing is I have a good pair of insulated/ waterproof pants for the nasty weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts