• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbage. Total garbage. I miss summer. Days like this I go out to a field and throw for a couple hours until I feel good about it again. During the winter you just go home knowing you sucked.

Really had a lot of problems trying to throw too fast today, wasn't using my body.

Not too horrible. Didn't keep score. 4 Birdies. A half-dozen or so bogeys, 1 double. The putting was fair. Upshots good. Driving was also over the place. 2 ace runs. And excellent company.

Finally went and played today. got 14 holes in and man trying to learn this game in winter time sucks..I had 10 bogeys 1 double 3 pars playing from pro tees

OH MY LORD.

that was a tense round. i wound up finishing even to tie for the lead at our chilly dog weekly at Kaposia and won in the sudden-death playoff. i swear though, you'd think i was TRYING to lose. i started off amazingly and really was fighting a downward spiral after hole 8. we started on hole 16 and things were great . . .

2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 2, 4 (doinked a 10 foot putt), 2, 5, (doinked another putt), 3 (wound up in the rough and scrambled, hit a 30 footer), 4, (doinked a 30 footer), 3 (another terrible tee shot, in the rough and saved with another 30 footer that barely made it), 5 (had an easy three and three-putted. ouch!), 3, 3, 2.

going into the final two holes the group behind us had the leader at -2. he took two bogeys and i PARKED the final hole to scramble back from +1 to even.

i've never been in a playoff before so i had a bit of an adrenaline rush; shanked my drive off of the tee and scrambled out. thankfully he missed his putt. role reversal on the next hole; i missed my 40 foot putt and he shanked his drive. then i parked hole 3 for the win. super fun, ESPECIALLY since he and i are currently 1-2 in the standings. i really wish i could have played consistently, though. i was making some great putts and great recoveries but couldn't seem to figure out some consistency off the tee. a couple drives hit trees like 30 feet in front of me. i could have EASILY been -6 without my blowup holes and missed short putts.

whatever, i won.

WOOOO!

One of our local courses finally got the addition from 9 holes to 18 for the ice bowl. So that was cool (especially since they've been saying they were going to do it for about a year now). Played the new nine decently and did alright in the tournament. Although I will say this, I think buying mulligans is cheating! The guy who got second was on my card. I was playing a bit better than him, but he had 18 mulligans. And used most of them. Oh well. I had a fun time and it will hold me off until the next tournament in March.

Played a bag tag round. I shot a bogey free 46 (-8) and was one stroke off of the overall. Ended up getting 3rd best tag available which was #5 and won 16 bucks for the handicap. Not a bad day overall!

i played in the LoCo vs Fredrock match play yesterday. LoCo won again. i putted great but couldn't get any distance off the tee.

I got my first tournament victory yesterday! Played AM1 at the Otter Open in Monterey, CA. I was 6 strokes back coming into the final round on the chase card and shot a 1018 rated -8 to come back and tie for the lead. Then I hit a 25 footer in a 30 mph head wind to win the first playoff hole. All in all it was an exciting final day of the tournament.

not bad. i think i finally realized how good i can be when i'm consistent. this year will be an exciting one for me and i will be trying to build some momentum if can afford it; i'd like to be throwing with some of the top players in MN once summer 2015 rolls around. the improvement i've seen in the last few months has been very encouraging, and for once i think i have found a sport i can devote myself to being excellent at.

i figured out something i was doing wrong on my putting, too, which i DESPERATELY needed. almost aced hole 4 at KP . . . landed just behind the basket. exciting moment. would have been by far my longest ace.

Had to share. I got out after work and met up with my buddy, who I haven't seen in a while and who can really throw, to get a round in at Shelton Springs DGC. We played the Black/PRO tee boxes. After 6 holes he was at -4 and I was sitting at +4. I eventually turned it around to birdie 7 of the last 11 holes, including a BIG +50ft putt for bird on the final hole. I ended up -3, and took the round by a stroke. I would've tied my recent best (last week I shot -4 after another horrific start) on that course if the 10ft gimme putt, that hit dead center chains and pole, would've stayed in the basket on my park job on 13. :D

Played a new course yesterday for the first time in months. I didn't really care about my score, and just enjoyed being out there seeing new holes, and lines. It was a fun course, and I look forward to going back.

Played Knobley Mt. DGC from the Red Tees at about 9:00 tonight. The cloud cover was pretty thick, but the moon behind it was really bright so the course wasn't totally dark. The snow was at least 6" deep and over 20" in places.

I played with just a Champion Aviar P&A with a single LED attached with clear ducktape. Had no problem finding the disc at any point and hit every fairway, just not with much distance due to using only the putter and no good footing.

I missed my first putt, short, and had one bad approach for two total bogeys. Had one nice uphill 30' anhyzer putt around a shrub for my only birdie. So +1 wasn't bad at all considering the conditions.

I am so ready for Spring and Summer!

Played the first nine of my local favorite. Gusty winds made for some errant drives, but overall finished even after 9. Decided to spend the rest of my time at the practice basket with my stack of putters and made some great progress with my putting.
Moved all around the basket to play the wind from all angles and honestly had a better time just putting!
A satisfying day of disc golf

yuck. +6. missed my putts all day. my drives actually were pretty consistent. it's frustrating when you have a 15' look at birdie on a 400' hole and doink your putt. or have a 20' look for birdie and miss high, the wind takes it 20' feet away and then you take a 4 instead. just one of those kinds of days where i was sooooooo close . . . but you'd never know it by looking at my garbage score. i had a lot of failed birdie opportunities and too many stupid mistakes.

The wind was fierce today in Dallas, but I'm getting better at dealing with it. Scored a 7 over 64 on a course not played before so, about average for my level of play. The course was Jimmy Porter in Carrollton.

My son was playing and if not for me parking the last hole for my only deuce, he would have tied me. Also playing were my best friend and his son, so it was a good outing.

My partner and I came back from 2 strokes to win the inaugural byop doubles tournament at rock ridge park in pittsboro. We played advanced and missed the hot round from the long pads by one stroke.

Last edited:
my partner and i finished 5th at the byop doubles fall freeze at whispering falls. good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.