• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snuck a round in after dropping the kids off at gymnastics. Drives were just far enough off that I kept having 30-50' putts. Didn't score well, but felt good. Been working on a step through putt for outside the circle, and canned a 60' putt today, which was really nice.

i wont be getting out until probably thursday morning. and that might not happen with the god awful weather and all my interviews going on for internships. im feenin to throw a solid round.

Got in a few productive field work session while on vacation escaping the MN snow last week. Turned the park next to my hotel into a course aiming at trees and other landmarks. I was even able to get my extended family out to play my makeshift 9-hole course. Felt good to get some full throws in and not slip on wet teepads.

Looking to head out to acorn or kaposia later this week if the weather permits.

Eh. Eeeeeeh...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh. My putting killed me, so did my driving. Got 3 rounds in, didn't manage to shoot under par. my bad rounds throwing dx fairways are better than my bad rounds throwing faster drivers, so I can't complain.

another "meh" round, also due to putting and a couple breakdown holes. i tried something that i haven't really been paying attention to: a change in angle of attack. normally on a shot i will simply x-step straight up the teepad and control my angle of release by bending forward or backward a little. a couple holes that require a smooth and controlled long hyzerflip have really been giving me issues lately.

so when i got to them i remembered a couple things i'd read on the approach for an x-step and gave it a shot, starting at the left corner of the teepad and ending more to the right. boom. instant improvement. a lot of times before i'd end up either pulling too far right or letting go early; both of these drives gave me a potential deuce on somewhat challenging holes, namely kaposia 13+14. i missed them both, but an easy par is much better than a tough one or a 4. i will be remembering this for my hyzer shots and anhyzer shots from now on and paying more attention to my orientation on the teepad. i think it will help my hyzerflip game quite a lot.

played awesome at lydle gulch blue. was one down through 15 then had to run home because I forgot about dinner plans. whoops.

After dinner played two quick rounds at JD. damn near skipped aced hole three and parked hole four both rounds. None of that makes up for my perfectly seasoned icon patriot that is now in the pond. I need to go fish it out tomorrow.

played this morning. i cant decide on a overstable speed 9/10 driver. pd isnt 100% my love, although its awesome. and understable has sucked since i changed from sidewinder to avenger ss. i might just throw speed 7s this year with the exception of the firebird. saint is awesome but its just so neutral like the stalker that i throw. but i cant find anything to compliment it

but i throw some good shots. the ground is all muddy from the snow melting. i had one nasty chain out that sucked. otherwise i was somewhere around par

played this morning. i cant decide on a overstable speed 9/10 driver. pd isnt 100% my love, although its awesome. and understable has sucked since i changed from sidewinder to avenger ss. i might just throw speed 7s this year with the exception of the firebird. saint is awesome but its just so neutral like the stalker that i throw. but i cant find anything to compliment it

but i throw some good shots. the ground is all muddy from the snow melting. i had one nasty chain out that sucked. otherwise i was somewhere around par

Why not the pd? I will let you throw my qolf next time we throw. It is moderately overstable, I can freaking crush it and count on it to simply shoot straight and then fade, even in a bit of headwind, but in a stiff headwind you will want something else. The dx firebird had too much turn. I think the guys in the firebird thread were right. Star fb may be where it's at.

You will want to try my QOLS too. It is a champ sidewinder with a more blunt nose apparently.

Last edited:
Why not the pd? I will let you throw my qolf next time we throw. It is moderately overstable, I can freaking crush it and count on it to simply shoot straight and then fade, even in a bit of headwind, but in a stiff headwind you will want something else. The dx firebird had too much turn. I think the guys in the firebird thread were right. Star fb may be where it's at.

You will want to try my QOLS too. It is a champ sidewinder with a more blunt nose apparently.

the pd honestly might be a bit too much for my arm. i was tossing it yesterday and i want something to go straighter for longer and have the same pd fade at the end but still fight the wind. maybe there isnt a disc like that ha. i might need to beat up my ppd to get it to straighten out. pds are for overstable but in a strong headwind i def use my firebird.

i liked the used solf i bought from airborn but like i said before i dont wanna track down that run. star firebirds are money. easier for me since i dont have a big arm than a stupid overstable champ one. gotta love the never end quest

Played on Thursday. +7, three off my best. Should have been a +5, but there were a couple of miscues. Not a bad day, overall.

I played really really well. Shot 1 down and 4 down in the Blizzard in the Forrest. I'm really pleased with my game right now. I'm getting used to my all MVP bag. Things are looking up.

field work day. my arm hurts from crushing my drives ;)

i wish i had a camera to film my throws. i think i got around 275ft on a flick with my aviar (yes some tailwind). comet in a tailwind got crazy effortless distance. i also flipped and turned my 3 year beat stalker in a decent tailwind i think its time to unbag it as its too flippy

can still throw a comet on a frozen rope which was nice to see. also the std is way more stable than discmania makes it seem.

Mostly didn't play well, but I bought a new Star Boss and threw it around 600 feet in a tailwind. So that was cool.

Shot 3 under at our local "urban" 10 hole course. Would have been better if I could just remember to hold the pose EVERY time. :\

Played BB Owen Park. January I was +16 and today I was +10 ... better but a ways to go

Hole 15 kills me every time, call it bogeyville

~ edd

No playing for me for a few days, at least. Got a dislodged bone spur grating at my heel right where the achilles meets the bone. Excruciating. Just putting a shoe on is screaming pain. Just when the weather is starting to cooperate too...:wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.