• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best round so far on my home course. Shot 28 first time around and 29 second on a par 30 course. First time I was under par because I usually have a blow up hole, today only one bogey :)

Uvalde Memorial Park (pics were provided by me)

I played pretty good today. Won the handicap at NFM-took home cash!

Aaaaaaaand today a +3.

:thmbdown:

It's amazing what conditions and trees will do. My course is open, so my score variance is small. I'm barely ever worse than +8, and my best is +4.

That's one of the reasons I've been driving farther to play other courses.
Scoring the same thing every round gets boring. And boring makes the game feel like a chore.

Shot even on the front 9 of my home course. Not that great, on a good day I should be at least -4 on these pin positions, but I'm getting over a nasty cold and still didn't really have my legs back. Nice to be out on the course, but I am also glad I didn't stubbornly try to get 18 in.

Played OK, not great. One over on the day but if I hadn't rushed some some I'd have had a -3.

Kind of wet and windy in the Atl so I used my OS bag with Ape/XCal/Roc+/Rhyno setup.

Found a disc and the owner got it back so that's always a good day as well.

Actually I played yesterday but didn't have time to post. I played the front nine in a drizzle at Fox Chase in Albemarle before getting totally rained out. Still raining most of the day at the house today.

Had a good front nine for the chucker that I am and considering the weather.

Started off with a bang birdying the first two holes. The rain got harder as I went so I called it quits at the turn and finished up with a +5 and soaked to the skivvies after 9 holes. But at least the air temp. was warm and it was just good to get out and throw a little.

Kind of fired up about braving the elements for the Harbin Course Challenge Series today. It was miserable, cold, rained all day, shifted to sleet, and we still had 80 folks turn out to start. Nearly half decided by the end of the first round that it wasn't worth it, so we had a battle of attrition. I thought about leaving, but decided I was in contention. Glad I stayed. Finished tied for 2nd out of an original field of 11 for my first try at the Open Grand Master's division!

Kind of fired up about braving the elements for the Harbin Course Challenge Series today. It was miserable, cold, rained all day, shifted to sleet, and we still had 80 folks turn out to start. Nearly half decided by the end of the first round that it wasn't worth it, so we had a battle of attrition. I thought about leaving, but decided I was in contention. Glad I stayed. Finished tied for 2nd out of an original field of 11 for my first try at the Open Grand Master's division!

It was extremely cold and wet. I played all winter and i would play in 10 degree weather with snow over top of 38 and rain/sleet.

I did well at the course challenge for the elements. I shot a 6 over for 2 rounds. ended up first place in intermediate. My first win. on my way to being a pro very soon enough. :thmbup::thmbup:

putting was killer. played a few rounds, driving was bad. i figured it out at the end of the day - my left arm was getting in the way. once i got rid of it everything was great!!!

my dubs partner and i shot -11 at kaposia (shorts) with one bogey, not too shabby! i feel like i'm on a new streak with my putting - now that i've changed my form, even when i miss i'm still very close, hitting basket/chain. i like spin putting.

Congrats on the silver! Some of the worst conditions you could play in.:thmbup:

:thmbdown: + :doh: + :wall: + sanctioned event = :sick:

all I can do is laugh it off... :p

You wanted to vomit, Bogey? :p

Sorry your tourney sucked, but it's good you can laugh it off.

It was extremely cold and wet. I played all winter and i would play in 10 degree weather with snow over top of 38 and rain/sleet.

I did well at the course challenge for the elements. I shot a 6 over for 2 rounds. ended up first place in intermediate. My first win. on my way to being a pro very soon enough. :thmbup::thmbup:

I concur with all this. Worst conditions I've played in. I'm still cold. First intermediate tourney. Finished 7th, but the key is I finished!

You wanted to vomit, Bogey? :p

Sorry your tourney sucked, but it's good you can laugh it off.

I actually played pretty well one round except for two holes from my worst nightmare.
24 holes (one a legit par 4), Par = 73. Rd 1 was 83... which included a +4 on one hole and a + 6 on another. :eek:

I was actually even through the other 22 holes... :(

Mind you, I have deuced the hole I carded a 9 on. OB and wind killed me.

Last edited:
Not bad today. Preparing for upcoming tourney and was toting along the 4 kiddos(ages 9,7,7,4) letting them play as well. Shot under so clearly the distractions were not that bad. Need to remove a few more strokes though. Happy throwing.

Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.