• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 rounds, same course, different results.

I played Bowers Park in Tuscaloosa today, first alone and early to avoid the heat, yeah right, Alabama in the summer so no avoiding it! Anyway, I shot 55 (+1) the first round, not my best round but the culprit was my putting. I am a spin putter. And if I am not getting enough spin out there I am a terrible shot. I missed 10 putts that are in my comfort zone.
I came in from the heat and then got a call from a friend that wanted to play bowers again. Went out with a lot of water and a dry shirt. The putting problem remained until about 12. Then after that I couldn't be denied from inside 50 feet. Shot a -3 down with a freak 5 on a hole that is normally a gimme 3!

Keep me in the air!

I typically shoot 48-50 at Basil Griffin. Today I shot 232332233325322242, with the 5 on hole 12 being a four-putt. I missed 6 birdie putts in my range. holes 4,5,8,9,12,13. ugh

Last edited:
4 under three missed putts. Had fun though threw some new discs met some new peeps. Good day at the course. Should have played two rounds.

Played the inagural Hamilton County Open @ Hazel Landing.
got stabbed in the face by a branch the 4th hole i played, heavy rain 1st round, missed putts made for a miserable 67 (+13).
Second round shot 61 (+7) to come from behind and win Rec by 2.
That course is tough.

Played pretty good (saturday). Entered my first tourney in the open division and finished 4th out of 22. It wasnt pdga sanction or i would have thrown at least a 1000 rated round in my first round. 4th place paid out a cool 125$ cash! It was a great feeling.

Normally I wouldn't post any of my rounds on here because they're nothing exceptional, but this one was a little special for me.

I've had a pretty bad case of turf toe all week and have been hobbling around. My cousin and his 2 boys asked if they could come up and do some disc golfing. They are my main DG partners and all of us play at least 2-3 times a week. I told them to come on up and emptied out my bag of anything above speed 7 knowing that my power is sapped with the bum foot. We played 1 18 hole course and 2 9 hole courses and though I limped around and battled the pain the whole time, I was able to win 2 of the rounds and tie for the win in the 3rd. I even managed to get -2 at one course, which is right behind my personal best of -3 on that course. I didn't expect to win any, just wanted to get out and play some DG (even though my wife said I was crazy). Did I pay for it last night when I got home? You bet! But I had a ton of fun and those guys said they'll never question my love of the game.

finished second in a group of dear friends

+1 and then lost a 4 hole playoff

as a bonus... a Happy 5 disc day.. new ch. eagle, star tee-bird, ch. sidewinder, buzz ss, avair

Played the best tourney of my life. 3 rounds, 3 course records. 1067 1076 and the third round isn't in yet but it was the best of the 3. 1080ish. Won by 22.

Played my worst round of disc golf in awhile yesterday. +6 on a course I usually shoot even or under at :wall: but I guess you can't have all good days

Saturday: shot +13 at a course I'm normally around +3 to +5. Club singles. Sanctioned. Approx 825 rated. Horrible off the tee all day, but kept grinding...just couldn't buy a putt. Missed a good 5-8 15 footers. Blechk.

Sunday: played a casual round at Renny Gold, put up a +8 78, approx 950 rated. Doubled 18, OB twice.

Can't seem to get it together for rounds that count. There's a lesson to be learned here, I suspect.

Not going to brag on myself but a friend: I finished 8th in my division (ages 50-55) in the inaugural National Senior Games (Olympics) disc golf tournament. But the cool story is my friend Bob C. wasn't happy with his first round, and called out to me before the second round asking for a wager to inspire him. He took me by seven strokes. The next morning, he said the wager was mostly just a joke: he wanted to get fired up. So we agreed to 'double or nothing'. He shot the hot round of the tournament, and twelve strokes (!) ahead of me for the third round, and finished with a great fourth. He's one of the first official Gold Medalists in our sport fellas, so hats off! :clap:

Played 15 holes of disc golf then got distracted by 9 holes of pitch and putt ball golf. I realized that ball golf is not my sport and then played nine holes of mini golf.... god I love the Blockhouse (grange)

Continue to progress! Got in 9 today on lunch, other then one bad ricochet off a tree, played well from tees and fairways. Still need to get more consistent putting from between roughly 10-20'. Who'd have thunk after throwing discs for 35 years getting one into a big mess of chains from such a short distance would be such a challenge! ;)

Shot 10 strokes better than I did the week before on the same course, which is more in line with my course average. Guess I play better sober after all.

I shot my best 18 holes ever! I went even at el dorado today:). Maybe it was my thank you for returning the bar stamp rhyno I found!

Didn't play today. Went to the gym for the first time in about 6 weeks. Db benched the 90s which is about 15 lbs less than what I normally did :(

I swear I posted and even made two corrections and saved BUT - not HERE!!

Anyway - had my most consistent round today and had my first 2 birdie day, almost three but a 25 footer hit the outside of the chains and didn't stick. Then on the next tee was not thinking and threw the disc basically into the ground 100 feet away LOL then hit a tree on the approach and 2 putted - BUT I have more consistency every round!

I'll get that DGCR Player Rating up to 800 before summers over :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts