• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played my first out-of-home-state course yesterday. Cold cold cold, so was the weather. Ran into some locals who seemed fairly intelligent for Meecheeganders. Can't understand why the gate to the park was locked, was told the park is 'closed in winter'. wtf?

I was the first to play my home course after Friday's winter storm left ice and 4+ inches of snow. Neat to be out there Saturday alone in the winter wonderland, but can attest that slippery footing and layers of clothes added seven strokes to my round. Total lack of distance on my tee shots, and the snow I couldn't wipe out completely affected my short game. :(

Poorly. If I could feel my fingers I probably would have shaved 10 strokes off my round. Hothands my ass. I'm using a big old mitten next time and stuffing them in there until my hands are in fire. Single digit temps require it. Shot +13 at Kenwood. Garbage, but I'm okay since it was my first real winter round with in the snow.

Been raining cats n dogs here today! Wont be able to do my Sunday rounds and probably likewise for Mondays rounds too! Sucks when your weekend gets washed out.:(

10º today...wind blowing...and -1 and -3 at Zobel (shorts, because my buddy has a bum hand right now). I thought I played pretty well. Bagged a course on the way home...totally open, wind blowing...ended up -3 there, as well, so no too bad!

I did decent. Been working on my backhand, so my scores haven't been as high as they were when I was relying on my forehand. I did triple bogey a 167' downhill hole though, so that was depressing. Pulled it all together after that and my second time through (it was a 9-hole) was better than my average. This whole "backhand only" thing is starting to pay off.

23 degrees, 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. Fresh snow coming down in a moderate wind. Went out to Turtlecreek here in Cincy for doubles, but only 3 showed up. Had to play a casual singles round. We are too soft here in Cincy.

The local club held a tournament yesterday. We got hit with an ice storm a day before. It was still on and 11 of us showed up. I wish I had stayed home. I played worse than I have ever played period. The cold wasn't a factor, but the ice was. I didn't realize how important a good run up is to a drive. The teepads were iced over so you had to tee off next to them. My drives went nowhere. Putting was different too. If you layed up a good 30 ft. in front of the basket it would slide right up. If not...it was gone and you were 3 putting. I was so discouraged and embarrassed. I'd like to say I had fun. I did learn some lessons in playing in this type of weather though. If I do it again it will be much different.

Not too good. Cold hands. Forgot my handwarmers. Fortunately there was almost no wind. Started with a birdie. And birdied at least 4 others. But the rest were mostly bogeys with a double thrown in there. If I were to guess I'd say about +3.

Now that I think about it, it isn't that bad.

You don't want to know what we say about people from ohio.

I'm pretty sure I've heard most of it. You're fortunate enough to live in one of the better parts of MI, very nice in your area.

Played in the SFDGC weekly yesterday morning and used my new drive form (a four step into drive rather than the 2 step I was using the last couple months). Took away from accuracy a good bit, but not nearly as bad as I thought it would. A few times, I noticed a significant increase in my snap though. Woohoo! Shot a +11 for the day, so not too far from my avg.

Also played my first ever glow round last Thurs night. It was a double's tourney and my partner (Sean) was nailing his drives all night long! I had a VERY good putting night, so between us it was really working. Ended up -8 for the night and took second place!!!

BDA

well!

i caught some SERIOUS luck on two drives, but wound up taking advanced with -1 at kaposia; second time ever at the chilly dog league!

we had a hot card, it was pretty awesome. we all played advanced - one of the other guys tagged an ACE on hole 18 for 250$ and yet another of my buddies got CTP on hole 5. all in all, a fun round. everyone took turns shoveling the teepads and my cardmate gave me a handwarmer that definitely saved my ass - i had left my gloves in the car overnight!

Today-was-a-2mkomu.jpg

Started out crappy. Shanking everything for 4 holes. I blew it off, went to have some lunch, and came back to try again. Muuuuch better. Played the front nine, and although I ended up over I made a few nice shots.

Squeezed in 27 at Seneca Creek on a windy day, throwing nothing faster than fairway drivers. Played surprisingly well for not touching a disc since last weekend. The Zone was working particularly well on tricky FH approaches, and I made three 35-40' putts on the first three holes (one for birdie, two for par saves).

Eventually I remembered how to drive and started hitting lines consistently. On #23B (short tee, left circle in pic) there is a tight anny line to the left of the closest tree in this pic:

44c58e0d.jpg

I hit the line three times in a row. The first drive was too low. The next two drives ended up almost on top of each other about 10' right of the basket. That line is a great option for doubles if partner has a safe drive.

Also nearly hit a skip ace on 19A (circled in pic) from the short tee, throwing a standstill S-FD to the right of the leaning tree. Snow on the ground yielded some nice skips all day (and a few that were not so nice :rolleyes:).

dd625ea3.jpg

Well yesterday.....played in my first ever local club monthly. Decided to play Rec because I just started playing a few months ago. Ended up winning the thing by 7!!!! Felt good, played pretty well.

Played the SFDGC weekly tourney this morning, shot a +5, pretty decent for me after personal best +4 last week.

Thursday I played two new courses for me, Skyline Wilderness Park in Napa (the roll aways really really suck there), then Aquatic Park in Berkeley (ugly busy park, but decent course).

Friday I played a round at Stafford, then a round at SFDGC.

Tomorrow I head to Santa Cruz to hit up DeLa.

I love the holidays!!

bda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts