• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
STILL doinking the front of the basket on putts.
I constantly do this. My putts often doink the edge of the basket so I feel your pain :doh:.

Just played a little 9er today at Evans Park and had the usual mix of good and poopy shots. Highlight of the day was on hole 3 which is a nice lil ace run at 234ft. There was a bit of left-to-right wind so I decided to throw my San Marino Roc where I'd usually throw my Buzzz. My shot was straight down the center and parked 2 feet from the basket. Then my brother threw his Buzzz which took nearly the same exact line and actually hit my disc on the landing and ended up right near the basket as well. It was just a funny surprise with two good shots and I've been digging my Roc quite a bit lately! :thmbup:

shot -2 at the local 18. personal best of the year. only bogey of the round was on hole 17:wall:

also on my second round i shot +5 the wind picked up, and i had a few bad putts including a complete airball from 15 feet.

great day of golf!!

We took a road trip and played two rounds of doubles on a pair of 18 hole courses. Had a some long putts, lots of park job birdies, a few ace runs and a chain out. Plus perfect disc golfing weather. It was a great easter!

Played an Easter round with the family along for the walk. Took just the nutsac with some new MVP. Had a case of the OATS early on and was getting frustrated when I shanked one into the rough. Luckily my two year old was there and kept me from getting too upset. She said, "uh oh, we need to go find your disc, I think it went in the jungle." She made me laugh and my round finished up much better than it started.

I just wanted to share with anyone who will listen that I played Golden Gate Park (San Francisco) on Saturday. I shot a +2 for the day and had my best drive ever on #18. The pin was set at 372 feet and I placed it about 5-6 feet from the pin. I was behind a tree and in some bushes, so I ended with a par...but I am still happy that I was able to place it where I did. I used a 172g Innova Mamba for the drive.

shot absolutely awful. already got 5 rounds of 18 holes in. picked up trash along the way during one of them at st peter riverside. might play a late round with a buddy in a few minutes. gotta love days off work!

shot a personal best at central (south carolina). 64 nothing to brag but the way my last couple of month have been its flipping great!!!! putting was lights out from 30 feet and in.

did some field work today at the local church that has some fields. Darn kids have stolen the soccer field. :( Threw my new fuse and tursas. well the tursas is new to me was my buddies. holy moly amazing discs. The tursas is perfectly beat for a turn over anhyzer shot. amazing glide. also the fuse is super straight and will turn over when forced.

After a miserable no-disc golf weekend with my parents in town -- it wasn't miserable because they were visiting, just the weather was awful and I couldn't play -- got in on the weekly dubs at Arrowhead Park after playing 21 holes at The Castle.

Seemed to be on point playing solo but finishing a meager five down at a par three course like Arrowhead gave my confidence a case of the SIDS. However, like Arnold said...."I'll be back." Nothing like seeing 42 players show up to play dubs on a Monday night.

Dammit I love this town....

Morning round: 5 down going into hole nine. Finish 2 up after 20. The train came off the tracks. I got 6 birdies, 6 bogies, one double bogey.

Afternoon round: 3 down with no drama. I nutted up and threw the big hyzer out towards on the water on ann morrison hole 12. Put my fresh teerex within 25 ft and banged the putt. It was a great two. I only had one bogie. I was happy with the round.

Played Rum village an George Wilson park in indiana today the wind was sinking today guys I play with that are really good were missing 5 ft putts wind was just grabing disc an flipping them over

Bagged a new course today, so that is always good fun. A tight technical wooded course...lets just say a few of my discs now fly straighter....

Field work tonight. Took 15 mids and putters out and threw a bunch of approach shots. Trying to dial that and my putting in before the first tournament of the year.

I had it. Had my best score within my clutches, and let it slip away. Double bogey on 16. Stupid bogey on 17. Mentally checked out by 18, and bogeyed again. +4 on the last three holes is no way to end a round. I could chalk it up to rust, since I hadn't played in over a month. But that's just an excuse.

The one bright spot was my only birdie on a 285' hole that I never birdie. The Inertia turned over, curved right around the guardian tree, and came back left to nestle under the basket. Such a pretty flight.

I left at least 8 throws out there today. This could have been the round that I finally parred, or even gone under par.. Hopefully if I play more I can hone my skills.

Bout time

sick. i thought you used a driver on the short hole that everyone hits. i was like wtf ive never seen anything faster than a mid on that hole haha nicely done

also i chained out at the local 18. shortest hole of course but hey an ace is an ace. raining today. good thing im at work. i need to take the day off anyways. i could probably tolerate the wet, but it looks like a better day for playing music

Pretty solid, tied a personal best on my local long tees (Deerwood Park). Had a couple drives that shanked early trees but my upshots were dialed in and saved more than a few strokes. Aside from those my driving felt great, as did the putting, though to be fair I didn't really have any putts outside of 15'. I do love it when the approach game is working for me, putting is so much easier when you don't have to :D.

Also, I'm now completely head over heels for the Nova. It flies just like an ultimate 'bee and has easily shaved one or two strokes off every round I use it. Pure neutral awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts