• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thmbup:I also wanna say that regardless how I played today, I have improved massively. Before this winter I was struggling to throw even at acorn. Now I'm miffed about throwing -1.

Gotta give everyone here props for providing information and advice and even just food for thought when I asked for it. Without this site and it's members I would have had a much more difficult, frustrating time even just becoming "decent". So thanks to everyone who has helped me play "how I played today".

:thmbup:I also wanna say that regardless how I played today, I have improved massively. Before this winter I was struggling to throw even at acorn. Now I'm miffed about throwing -1.

Gotta give everyone here props for providing information and advice and even just food for thought when I asked for it. Without this site and it's members I would have had a much more difficult, frustrating time even just becoming "decent". So thanks to everyone who has helped me play "how I played today".

Agreed, brother!

I used to be happy shooting bogey golf at my home course, but I've improved enough in the last few weeks/months to kick myself for every bogey I shoot. While these bogeys are by no means unusual, they're getting less frequent. I count the sage wisdom I've received from those here on DGCR accountable for that improvement, though my daily practice can't be understated. I've been shooting in the 60's at The Castle recently.....and while I've yet to break par on a full 18, my consistency is such that it's not out of the question in the very-near future.

Thanks, y'all!

Played 7 holes.

New course that is just getting people on it. Lost two discs. Had about 90 ticks bombard me in five seconds.

After the second lost disc I just walked out. It was brutal. Fairways that were ten feet wide that turned straight into brush.

It'll be a fun course once an errant throw doesn't mean you lose a disc.

Today could've gone better. Played Bennet's Creek in Suffollk, VA today. Was doing pretty decent on the front 9. Got to the back 9, and everything went to hell. Hole 13 has a big tee throw across a marsh to the basket that's far back in to the woods. I got my original throw through and on the other side, but I wasn't satisfied with the placement. I threw a second one just for fun and grip locked my throw right in to a tree that was over the marsh. Needless to say my disc landed right in the middle of the marsh and I had to retrieve it. It was like quicksand. I used a bunch of short logs to snake my way out to it. I barely came out clean. Managed to just drop one foot in to the mud which made the trek out a bit more difficult. Other than that, it was a nice day to disc golf.

no thank you for the standstill throwing advice. im not quite there yet but i feel like im starting to pull a little bit cleaner.

also today i didnt finish my round after work. there was 8 ish deer on the fairway on hole 17. i said **** it. went and threw a rec round with my buddy after. shot the breeze and had a great time. probably a few above par but didnt care we had some good laughs

Had a weird round yesterday at z-boaz.
1. I hit a tree on my follow through. It was my first, and crap that hurts.
2. I lost my go to driver on hole two.
3. My buddy hit a car on four that knocked him back in bounds.
4. Another guy joins us and asks if anyone is named Tyler. He had found my driver on hole 10 in the middle of the fairway! Wtf?

All in all, I took a 60 on the long pins. Not that bad of a day.

Average. Had some great drives at BRP only to brain fart on my approach and make my life difficult. Sometimes I hit my line, sometimes I was off just a little bit. I did putt fairly well and walked away even. Should have been better. Confidence is not super high heading into next weekend's tournament.

Not today but I did shoot a Bogey free 87 at Flyboy this weekend. I was pretty jacked about it.

Garbage.

Overthrew easy layups, overshot short drives, threw buzzzes flat into strong headwind just to watch them turn over for 300' in the wrong direction... just played like it was my first time out but with better form and missed 12 of 18 putts when yesterday I made 15/18.

Meh. I have been driving (thanks, teebird!) and approaching (thanks, summit!) like a monster lately but haven't been converting that to much better scores. my putting been terrible. Lately I've been consistently missing from 20'.

Pretty good day today. 4 rounds lower than yesterday over 2 rounds including one round that was one off my personal best. If only my putting on the front 9 was better I could've easily tied or broken it. Oh well.

Decent. Definitely more crisp than yesterday and figured a couple of things out putting, so that's good. Crushed my DX valk on hole 9 at lochness in the 430' foot range, buuuut slightly off target. I definitely feel like I'm trending in the right direction so there's reason to be optimistic.

Not bad. Put an inertia, Valkyrie, TL, TI mantis, cro, and wizard in my nutsac and forced myself to slow the f down. Funny how slow eguals smooth equals more snap and spin for better control and distance.

Pretty good. Practice course at Concordia Airport Park(a little short 7 hole'er with potential for a decent 9 hole course). Started out warm and breezy, drives were within 20-40ft of the pin. Putting was average. Spent about an hour retrieving a disc that a noob friend of mine, put on top of a cedar tree, two days before.
After that, played the course again then played from hole 7 back to 1, 1 back to 7 clear across the whole course. 8-900 feet. Took advantage of the wind and held some awesome lines around the trees. Didn't keep score but most were deuces or threes. I had a couple 4 shots after overshooting a few holes and ending up in the trees and the stingweed.
Not really a bad day at all. My legs itch like crazy but I did get my Avenger back.

Played some impromptu dubs today. My upshots were on point. Every time I threw the VP or summit today I was running chains. Unfortunately my drives were a bit short causing longer upshots. My putting has been really coming along. Went and played a quick solo, buzzz/VP round at the local 9 holer and hit the pole on the first drive. Looked like it was going in until it dived at the last second.

shot over 100 holes today since it was my day off work. had a chain out on an ace. also my finger is pretty ****ed from all my flicks. i didnt realize how big of a part of my game it is.

also i cant commit to anny shots to save my life. so those will definitely be a part to work on. i usually just flick. but with my finger all messed up the next few days ill need to learn solid annys quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts