• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend on Sat. played a pretty windy round at The Ranch in Reno, NV. Hole 1 short had a great drive and maybe 15ft birdie putt.....and totally missed the chains right! Started to get pissed, doubt my game etc... then blew it off and remembered I was having fun and playing a round of DG with my son on a Saturday afternoon. Hole 2 right pin location 328' over a valley and onto a flat area - can only see the number sign. Tail wind of right shoulder about 20 mph pulled out a 173 metal flake Mamba and crushed it to the right side of the pin - it flattened well and then ran out of gas and faded left right at the pin. We heard a ping from the center pole pretty loud considering the wind. We laughed and figured it was just hitting metal and i hoped for an easy birdie putt because of the wind. We walked down the gully and back up.....and the darn thing was in the basket! 4th ace in just under 2 yrs of playing! great day finished -2 and had a blast

Arrrrrrrrgh. That about sums it up.

It was raining, steady, slow rain. Almost face planted on the 1st teepad and I couldn't get it out of my head. Releasing early/late, very short drives, just ugh.

Played my typical 67 that I've shot 3/4 times I've played this course this month. Although I was bogeying holes I par and parring holes I bogey. I missed the tree arch on 6 for the first time and then proceeding to sink the 75' approach/putt for my first birdie on this course. Overall good round due to improvement on snap for drives that I was practicing.

-8 today but not particularly satisfied with my game. Should not been -11 or more. But I did have a very nice 400+ foot bomb with my new NukeSS. First time throwing it....imma like this disc! Putting was poor today as well, came home and practiced on the basket for about an hour straight. Playing the best disc golf of my life right now just always expecting a lot from myself.

I won. We played a 9 holer twice. Was 1 down the first nine, then had 7 birds the second time around. 8 down defended my low tag and got me the $10 off coupon from the local Mexican restaurant that sponsors our club, kind of. And I won all the skins - $20 whole dollars. All the skins pushed to the last hole and I parked my drive with an Opto Halo. And I destroyed a brand new perfectly domed and overstable GL Halo by smacking a light fixture. Threw it in the water to shorten the mourning period.

Made my third attempt today to do my annual solstice disc golf marathon where I try to play as many distinct holes as I can in a day. Two years ago I got up to 168. The primary goal was for 200+, but I didn't have exactly have the most convenient route. I'd have settled for bettering the record.

The first two attempts had been nixed by threats of bad weather (which never panned out) and recent issues with illness and fatigue, and the forecast for today wasn't looking any better, but figured this would be my last attempt before losing too many daylight hours.

I tried to give myself plenty of preparation and rest before heading out. Got my food supplies, discs and clothes ready Wednesday afternoon before heading to league, which got done with Wednesday around 7:30 then went home to go to bed. I had to be up by 3:30 to drive 110 miles to be at the starting point by dawn. Problem was my body didn't want to sleep. 10:00 passed, then 11:00, then midnight, no sleep. Finally around 3:00, I just gave up and started packing the car.

Got to my starting point around 6:00. Lost a disposable Teebird on a stupidly designed water carry hole only five holes in. Didn't shoot well, but finished the first nine holes in 22 minutes before driving 10 miles to the second course.

You know what I hate about playing in the early morning? There is sticky as hell dew everywhere, which is all the more sticky with the chum of cottonwood trees in it. After the first 27 holes, my socks were soaked (and I only brought one backup pair), which led me to start reconsidering if I wanted to go through with this.

Nonetheless, on to course #3, which is set up with all long pins and has tall grass OB. Halfway through the course, I feel myself starting to catch my groove, thinking I can pull this off.

Then I hit the last three holes and spend some amount of time on all of them looking for my disc, which just kills my mood. I stop after that round to have a Mountain Dew and a turkey sandwich, before heading to hit the monster course's easier twin, which despite being easier, is notorious for its disc eating cedar trees.

And after catching trees on the first three holes, being at about 24 hours with no sleep, and having to deal wet socks, hay fever, my sciatic nerve, mosquitoes, and the still possible onset of bad weather I decided to pack it in. To make the gas money spent worthwhile, I went downtown to the local disc golf shop to drown my sorrows in some new plastic. I went back to play the easier course afterwards to its short positions, but the air was starting to get humid and man it was like I was dragging a bowling ball around.

After I finished there, I went home. Only 63 holes into my 200+ hole quest. Some days just aren't your day.

Last edited:
I had some phenomenal fieldwork today. Felt fairly consistent for the first time since messing with my form. Was putting my drivers out 275ish consistently and hit 300' for the first time (without wind/hill assist) during fieldwork. Went to the course and was expecting good things. I played 2 rounds (long & short tees) and was not seeing the distance or consistency for the fieldwork pay off. Thankfully the damage was limited on the front 9 and I had a good hot streak going into the end. Sadly I failed on my upshot on 16 which is one of the easiest to birdie and it settled with a par. On 17 I had a great drive and approach leaving me a 25' putt on a hole I rarely birdie...off the cage. Gah. Another Par. On 18 (511/654 par 4) I knew I had a good round going for the shorts even with those recent fails. First drive was kinda crappy @240ish, leaving ~270 to an elevated pin on top of a big mound. I really ripped it good, faded in almost perfect at the crest of the mound....and rolled to the base. Putt off the cage again. Par. GAH!

The crazy thing is I still managed to beat my personal best on the shorts by 1 stroke even with giving away 3 strokes on 16-18. Would have been my highest DGCR rated round ever if I had hit 1 of those 3.

Made my third attempt today to do my annual solstice disc golf marathon where I try to play as many distinct holes as I can in a day. Two years ago I got up to 168. The primary goal was for 200+, but I didn't have exactly have the most convenient route. I'd have settled for bettering the record.

The first two attempts had been nixed by threats of bad weather (which never panned out) and recent issues with illness and fatigue, and the forecast for today wasn't looking any better, but figured this would be my last attempt before losing too many daylight hours.

I tried to give myself plenty of preparation and rest before heading out. Got my food supplies, discs and clothes ready Wednesday afternoon before heading to league, which got done with Wednesday around 7:30 then went home to go to bed. I had to be up by 3:30 to drive 110 miles to be at the starting point by dawn. Problem was my body didn't want to sleep. 10:00 passed, then 11:00, then midnight, no sleep. Finally around 3:00, I just gave up and started packing the car.

Got to my starting point around 6:00. Lost a disposable Teebird on a stupidly designed water carry hole only five holes in. Didn't shoot well, but finished the first nine holes in 22 minutes before driving 10 miles to the second course.

You know what I hate about playing in the early morning? There is sticky as hell dew everywhere, which is all the more sticky with the chum of cottonwood trees in it. After the first 27 holes, my socks were soaked (and I only brought one backup pair), which led me to start reconsidering if I wanted to go through with this.

Nonetheless, on to course #3, which is set up with all long pins and has tall grass OB. Halfway through the course, I feel myself starting to catch my groove, thinking I can pull this off.

Then I hit the last three holes and spend some amount of time on all of them looking for my disc, which just kills my mood. I stop after that round to have a Mountain Dew and a turkey sandwich, before heading to hit the monster course's easier twin, which despite being easier, is notorious for its disc eating cedar trees.

And after catching trees on the first three holes, being at about 24 hours with no sleep, and having to deal wet socks, hay fever, my sciatic nerve, mosquitoes, and the still possible onset of bad weather I decided to pack it in. To make the gas money spent worthwhile, I went downtown to the local disc golf shop to drown my sorrows in some new plastic. I went back to play the easier course afterwards to its short positions, but the air was starting to get humid and man it was like I was dragging a bowling ball around.

After I finished there, I went home. Only 63 holes into my 200+ hole quest. Some days just aren't your day.

It's good to know your limits, man. When I get frustrated I stay out there and pound it out. the more frustrated and poorly I throw, the longer I stay until I feel like I've learned something me thing. Usually it's that I suck that particular day.Sometimes I wish I had the presence of mind to quit and admit that I'm not on it that day, tomorrow's another day and it'll be fine. Would save me a lot of blood pressure issues on the course.

I won. We played a 9 holer twice. Was 1 down the first nine, then had 7 birds the second time around. 8 down defended my low tag and got me the $10 off coupon from the local Mexican restaurant that sponsors our club, kind of. And I won all the skins - $20 whole dollars. All the skins pushed to the last hole and I parked my drive with an Opto Halo. And I destroyed a brand new perfectly domed and overstable GL Halo by smacking a light fixture. Threw it in the water to shorten the mourning period.

Next time you "ruin" a disc like that just send it to me. My home course is super rocky. By many people's standards everything in my bag is ruined. I've even had to lecture top touring pros about how their discs would be just fine after taking big hits.

Paco? I couldn't get outta the office until 5:45 so I had to take a pass.

Im pretty new to this, only about a week in so I still have no idea what I am doing most of the time. Impressed myself today on hole 1 at a local course, east to west shot with a cross wind out of the south. Tee off with my dx Wraith and a fairly impressive for me 200+ foot drive using some serious anhyzer to battle the wind then parked a 50 ft upshot 4 feet from the pin using my X Out Champion Cobra, easy putt from there with my dx Aviar. Par is awesome at this point. Other 8 sucked but lots of room for improvement.

Got out there early today and played 18. I really enjoyed the shower from the sprinklers. Although it made it a little exciting on the cement tee boxes. I had my Truth and Buzzz saving me from my horrible drives.

Today was full of frustration and disappointment even though I played alright. I drove almost 100 miles round trip down to South Lake Tahoe to play Zephyr Cove and Bijou only to find out when I get there that both courses were closed to the public today for a tournament. I knew there was a big tournament this weekend, but I incorrectly assumed it was just a 2-day Sat/Sun kind of deal, because, you know, most people have jobs and work on Fridays. Then, I figure I'll at least get lunch at this great little cafe in So. Lake (Sprouts if you're ever in the area) since I was already down there, but they were opening late today due to work being done in the building. Add in the crazy traffic getting through town and I was thoroughly pissed.

So, I worked my way back up towards Tahoe Vista to play the Tahoe Regional Park course and the long drive back game me a chance to cool off and relax. Enjoyed a nice 18, even though my tee shots were rather inconsistent. Ended up shooting right around par, but missed a few birdie opportunities on a couple of 370'ish holes that sure would have been nice.

Im pretty new to this, only about a week in so I still have no idea what I am doing most of the time. Impressed myself today on hole 1 at a local course, east to west shot with a cross wind out of the south. Tee off with my dx Wraith and a fairly impressive for me 200+ foot drive using some serious anhyzer to battle the wind then parked a 50 ft upshot 4 feet from the pin using my X Out Champion Cobra, easy putt from there with my dx Aviar. Par is awesome at this point. Other 8 sucked but lots of room for improvement.

Par is awesome at any point... keep throwing... watch out for trees!

So my 11 year old son and I started playing around the same time, last February, and today the unthinkable happened........Dare I say it.......the little **** beat me!!!!!! He had me by 1 going into 18, which I usually birdie and he might par 1 out of 5 tries, he throws a PERFECT drive and nearly parks it of course. Both pars!!!! He wins!!!!! Proud of him but you know I still haven't heard the end of it. The worse part is he almost aced 3 holes!!!!! If he gets an ace before I do I might make him walk home.

Me....-2
Him.....-3

Last edited:
I played a threesome at Walnut IL DGC last night and threw a +3 on their 18 hole, par 57 course. Threw a -1 (30) on the front nine and a +3 (31) on the back nine. I was bombing my drives and throwing awesome upshots but I think I missed at least three putts from inside 10' on the back nine. I think I need to get the Skillshot back out and do more putting practice. Overall, a very good round. :thmbup:

I played a threesome at Walnut IL DGC last night and threw a +3 on their 18 hole, par 57 course. Threw a -1 (30) on the front nine and a +3 (31) on the back nine. I was bombing my drives and throwing awesome upshots but I think I missed at least three putts from inside 10' on the back nine. I think I need to get the Skillshot back out and do more putting practice. Overall, a very good round. :thmbup:

I'm gonna be a smartypants here... your math doesn't add up... 31+30=61... 61-57=+4

it's still better than I can throw... so Great Job... on the disc throwing... not the math:D

Status
Not open for further replies.