• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well overall but missed a couple of 25' putts wide and that really made me sad at the end of the day. Almost tied my best score ever at my local course but as you would have it, Wizard hits pro-side, finds it's way through the chains, balances on the basket, and the wind says no. Had a second chance on the last hole but the open green and gusty wind from 40' proved to be too much. I had fun.

Great! Got a personal best at my new home course with a -3 57 (Par 60 Course). For comparison purposes, there was a 1012 rated player that played on opening day and got -4. I also got the lowest bag tag number i've ever had at #2! Very very pleased with my game today, but now I have the biggest target on my back lol. Now, to see if I can defend it and become even better!

Last edited:
I played in my first mini today, a draw-doubles. I always seem to play better when with players of higher caliber (I'm usually ~850), maybe I'm just more focused.

Even though my partner carried us for most of the round, I was able to contribute at some key times. I parked one very dangerous and technical hole, rescued us with my drive on another when my partner hit an early tree and I made a pressure putt for birdie from about 25 after my partner missed. I drove well on the longer holes too and got cudos from the card, although they all were out throwing me by 50 to 75 feet easily.

We finished four down (one throw out of the money) and our card mates finished eight down and tied for third. Everyone on my card enjoyed each other's game and had a great time.

Last edited:
Played Brandywine and Iron Hill blind in an A-Tier this weekend. Other than a few short putt misses the first round, I played really well, especially at Iron Hill. Playing THAT course blind and averaging under par in a PDGA tournament... Not shabby. Got some great birdies at Brandywine too... deuced "Beauty", "Bastard", and hole 9 (deep position over the wall), also got hole 1 once, three of those were with a Destroyer I put in the bag that morning, never thrown before.

I played Bryant Lake last night and had several great shots. The problem was that we were playing tough shot doubles, so I almost never took my drive. I was basket high on 1 and 2, in the chips on 3, had a turbo putt chance on 4, clean on 5 and 6, had my best drive ever on 7 -on left between second and top tier which was good enough for a deuce attempt, clean on 9 and 10, chips on 11, serviceable on 12, putting on 13, just outside chips on 14 and 16, basket high but on right on 17, and almost top of the hill on 18. My only bad drive all round was on 8 because I was being too aggressive for the format and ducked it deep into the woods on the left and just could not get out.

So we almost always took my partner's drive and then usually his up unless I aggressively ran the basket. Thankfully I rediscovered how to putt last night, which preserved the team win at only 14 over par.

Played my second round of the week at Armco Blue this morning and managed to shave 7 strokes off yesterday's round. Just focused on slowing down and not rushing my shots helped tremendously. Drove better than I ever have (actually got excited to have reached the OB on one hole!).

Played the Checkered Flag Open at Brookside park Saturday. Putting was off at the beginning and missed a few birdies i usually get. Second rd got rainy and muggy. I played steady golf but still finished DFL in MM1. If i can put it all together for a tourney of 2, maybe i can get a good finish later in the year.

Played 5 rounds of mountain golf in an A-Tier at Tahoe this last weekend. Freaking amazing tourney!!
First round shot a hot score and was in second place in MM1. Second round just had a series of bad luck and poor execution dropped to 6th place. Next day shot below average on an easy course where I should have made a move dropped to 7th. That afternoon shot an OK round at a very difficult course but not enough to keep from dropping to 8th. Final round on Sunday morning shot the 2nd best round of my life and took last cash only 4 strokes better and would have jumped up to 4th. Its amazing after 99 holes of golf that 4 missed putts, tree strikes, and or bad upshots that leave you with a 40 ft par save can drop you so far! Incredible weekend - great tournament.

Took my new 175g Gold and Blue Yin Yang Champion Sidewinder out for a toss at the park and thought... I'll play 9 holes too... 3 times through (27 holes later) we have some interesting results...

First 9... found pretty much every tree on the way... no birds and only 5 pars...3 bogeys and a double... 32 = +5... ouch.

Second 9... well... let's try again... I pared this twice last time... and after a tree induced bogey on the first the birds started to fly... 2 (first time ever) ,3 (pretty much 50% of the time), and 6 (also a first... and most unlikely)

Third 9... Par the first, my second bird on 2...and pars down the line to the finish... my first ever Bogey Free Round (BFR for short?)...

sweet... first time under par on a 9 hole... and twice... with my first BFR...
and the new sidewinder flies nice but heavy...

We had our yearly Worst Disc Doubles this afternoon. To be fair, we didn't do true worst disc, we played where only one of you needs to putt it in. We did true worst disc last year, and that was pretty miserable. This year went waaay better score-wise.

Anyways, I was the odd man out and won with a +3 on 18 holes. This got me thinking about the fairness of odd man out on worst disc. I feel like it's an advantage to more experienced players, but completely screws anyone who's more beginner/intermediate level. I don't know any way around it, but it just got me thinking.

Got a personal best on my home course @ Lost Creek DGC, Superior, NE. If I would of placed my 2nd round opening shot a little better or nailed the 30 foot putt, I would of been able to take it to a -8 but had to settle with a -7(long tees/white)
My putting was right on target for the rest of the round. Had a -4 the first round. Still learning how to harness this KS/NE wind. The crazy thing about putting was I was able to visualize the putt going in and changed my stance and it seemed to work. 1st round I did loose concentration on a putt and ended up nailing the top of the cage but everything else felt really good.
I plan on going to my first tournament in 6-7 years, on the 12th so I'm trying to get a feel of what division I should enter. Either way, I'm ready to learn more and improve more and most importantly, keep feeding my addiction to this wickedly awesome sport.

I am on a fishing trip in the Northwoods of Wisconsin... so I couldn't pass up the chance to play Sandy Point. First off, it was an amazing course and amazing experience. Well laid out and designed, great amenities (don't tell my fiancee this, but the cute blonde in the pro shop was a nice perk too!). I expected the course to eat me alive as I usually struggle on technical wooded courses and that is what that course is.

However, I absolutely crushed the course. I did not miss a single putt inside the circle (which is insane for me). I threw my Comets a ton (and threw them great), playing for 3s and taking 2s if I could. Only took one 4 on the day, on a 500'+ hole that I played well for me, just came up a little short on my approach and missed the ~45' putt. Carded 7 birdies to finish with a 6-under 69.

Picked up a JL Teebird and a KC Glow Roc with a Sandy Point muskie (so freaking sweet!) stamp from the proshop. Got some great pictures and even a video of me busting a Comet dead nuts straight (even if it was little short) down one of the cooler tunnel shot holes. It was an absolutely wonderful experience! Days like today are the reason I disc!

I shot -1 through 14 holes and birdied the last 5 in a row to pull out a -6 through 19 holes. So, not bad by any means, but not nearly as good as I feel I can shoot.

I am on a fishing trip in the Northwoods of Wisconsin... so I couldn't pass up the chance to play Sandy Point. First off, it was an amazing course and amazing experience. Well laid out and designed, great amenities (don't tell my fiancee this, but the cute blonde in the pro shop was a nice perk too!). I expected the course to eat me alive as I usually struggle on technical wooded courses and that is what that course is.

However, I absolutely crushed the course. I did not miss a single putt inside the circle (which is insane for me). I threw my Comets a ton (and threw them great), playing for 3s and taking 2s if I could. Only took one 4 on the day, on a 500'+ hole that I played well for me, just came up a little short on my approach and missed the ~45' putt. Carded 7 birdies to finish with a 6-under 69.

Picked up a JL Teebird and a KC Glow Roc with a Sandy Point muskie (so freaking sweet!) stamp from the proshop. Got some great pictures and even a video of me busting a Comet dead nuts straight (even if it was little short) down one of the cooler tunnel shot holes. It was an absolutely wonderful experience! Days like today are the reason I disc!

Sandy Point is awesome!! I hope to get back there this fall on a little trip over to Highbridge and south!

Played today with my bro for the first time in months. I fell apart on the back nine. I got a +8 on the back 9 alone, and +12 overall for the round. I missed 8 putts within 25 feet. I NEED to get better at putting since it's killing my scores.

Bagged a new course in a new state on a road trip since I convinced my wife we could hit a quick 9 holes to stretch the legs. Found an easy short nine not far off the highway and didn't expect much after no sleep and 10 hours in a car. Granted it was a really easy nine.... But I shot -7. Can't complain about that. Now back in the car to finish the trek and bag some Charleston courses this week

BigSky, I feel you. I play with a buddy who outputs me any day of the week. We both have practice baskets at home, but his is easy to move, and light, a production model. I built mine and currently it's not usable. His scores continue to improve, while mine improved for a while last year for a while before my basket broke.

Anyways, we were both playing well on Valley Springs today outside Durham, NC, but on hole 14 I began to implode. Not just putts- I started losing all control of my drives. Sitting at -1 I went on to score a bogie, followed by a pair of doubles, and another bogie. I finally parred 18, but this course has 22 holes, and my woes continued. It's such a great course, and when my meltdown began I really stopped enjoying it.

Well first off its to dang hot out here but i have to go throw! Had a pretty good day at Red Mtn. I even had 2 birds and 6 pars! All great for me.

Overall it was a pretty good day, I shot dead even at good ole Oregon Park and should have been 2 under if not for some bad judging of distance on a couple of shots.

Played withy daughter and she putted really well. Once she gets her drives going over 70ft she might actually play a round instead of just throwing when she feels like it.

It was pretty windy today and that lead to some weird flight paths on a couple of shots. I used my Stiletto on a couple holes and in the headwinds it was deadly, but in a crosswind it did something really strange; it was on #5 which you throw from behind a hill over a ditch and then back uphill through the woods.

It started out with some turn which is of course odd for that disc and then all of a sudden rotated to the right(on a RHFH throw) and dumped drastically almost completely vertical with almost no time in between. Still a decent placement but a bit more right than I wanted.

Good day overall, got done as the Thursday double league was starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts