• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so great. Auditioning some new.discs, lots of wind, and a.couple blow up holes equaled a pretty mediocre round. But, we got our round in before the rain shows up and I fell head over heels in love with my new Polecat, so there's that. :)
Oh, and the Flying Squirrel performed admirably...the one time I threw it.

Decent. Played four rounds at Mt Zion. Didn't keep score the first one, second one I started doing well, and then a guy I'd never met before joined me and played with a frisbee haha. He could actually throw pretty far which was impressive. So I didn't keep track that round either, but I felt I played well - made some good putts and had some beautiful drives.

Third round was great, I was only plus 2 going into the 9th hole on my local par 29 course, with a birdie and a few sweet pars, but then had a double bogey on the last hole cause the wind sucked my putter about 20 feet from the basket :wall:

Last round I fell apart - upper 80's in temperature plus playing a ski hill course plus the constant 40+mph winds that made my drivers do the craziest lines, I finished +8 which sucked, but had a great day over all.

Trilogy challenge today for my 1st tourney. We played 1 round of best shot doubles which went much better than I thought - and I contributed a lot more than I anticipated. After that a round of singles that went pretty well. Shot just above my average for the course, so no complaints.

Played a doubles best disc scramble this morning and was throwing fairly well, nailed a couple of puts at a distance outside my "comfort zone" and didn't lose any discs... I'll take it! As a par we shot 2 over par, but lost by 1 stroke to our opponents.

Went out for a casual round at WyCo to try the layout they used for the KC Wide Open. Threw 12 over for a score of 79. Tried my hardest to obey the OB rules that were set up. Considering that I've been playing for a little more than a year, I walked away satisfied compared to my score that I had at the Kan-U-WyCo earlier this year (109 in the 1st Round, Rec. & 107 in the 2nd Round).
Earlier last week, I threw a decent +4 at Rosedale - Top. It was also my first attempt at Rosedale, as I'm hoping for a better performance in Rec in the MAC this August.

Not so great. Auditioning some new.discs, lots of wind, and a.couple blow up holes equaled a pretty mediocre round. But, we got our round in before the rain shows up and I fell head over heels in love with my new Polecat, so there's that. :)
Oh, and the Flying Squirrel performed admirably...the one time I threw it.

Love my Polecat!

Windy day at Wickham... 2 off my best on the first 9 (39)... but that was mainly the fact that the distance baskets were an additional throw each... pesky wind...

crushed my best scores on 9, 14 AND 18! finished with 36 on the final 9...

so... 75!!!!! which is my personal best on that links... AND...
+17 or the first time I've thrown under an average of +1 per hole on an 18...

so despite wind... killed it.

i played poorly; getting used to new discs and whatnot in this wind was a little much but i have confidence now.

threw the two longest drives of my life while throwing a practice round so that was nice. :) lovin' my gstar destroyer.

I had a great day. I played pretty well. But the far more important thing is this. I had a 9 hole object course set up at church for a picnic last week. I heard, today, that about 9-10 people played. I didn't get to stay, but that was OK news. I was a little disappointed with that number. However...

Today, I got to introduce 16 people to disc golf. We ran four groups, for a total of 19 playing since my wife and daughter played, too. I had putters for everyone to use. There were 8 new adults and 8 kids.

My daughter had never played a full round with just her putter, but she did today, just like everyone else. I was very proud of her. Not counting me, she was only one throw off of the best men's score!

Several of the adults definitely want to play again on an actual course which made me feel really good about it!

Played both layouts at Fairfield, and one round at Root River. 56,74 & 53 respectively. Lost some strokes on missed 20 footers (including going for 3 on 17 white & 10 gold) and poorly executed turnover drives. At Root River had even more missed putts, but aced #10 (first one in over a year) and parked #13 on top of the hill with a Patriot. Overall not bad, but as always there is opportunity for improvement.

I drove out to 'The Island' in Jamestown, ND yesterday. The net said 35mph winds, but the topology of that place really amplifies it. I'd wager it was 55-60mph in some spots. I was laughing my ass off from the wild and crazy outcomes of our practice putts. It's quite hilarious when a 30' putt goes 150' behind you. Even discs that you thought were settling onto the ground would get picked up and thrown. One person's putt flew low under the basket, then was gusted up and backwards over the top of the basket. Crazy, crazy stuff.

Played tourney this past weekend(Ashland, KY) and had what should hold as my best rated round ever (1022) - The 47 felt good but doing it bogey free was better!

It's been a week of milestones for me....and today just ended June with a bang. So far this week:

- I played my first tourney (trilogy challenge) where we played mixed doubles and I was able to contribute a lot of nice drives with a partner who was much more experienced than me....but couldn't keep that thief in the fairway. We then played singles and although far from winning I did tie for 1st on my card of 5 and was above average for the overall field.

- Just tonight I hit rounds #100&#101....which were awesome. I played concurrent rounds from long & shorts at my local course and tied my record from the shorts (putt on 18 off the cage too) and beat my record from the longs by 1. Gave me my best overall day (928 dgcr rated), best overall round (931 DGCR rated).

- This brings my dgcr rating up to 819 and climbing. 757 in April, 804 in May, and 860 in June.

- For those 101 rounds - that's 101 rounds in 90 days since I started. Hope I can keep this up until the snow flies.

- And for more fun - on Weds I'm on a roadtrip to Charleston and i'll be able to bag a bunch of SC courses.

played decent for the first 12 or so holes then the mosquitos came out and ate me alive. It was less about disc golf and more about surveil lol. Still finished even.

Status
Not open for further replies.