• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very well, but better than the usual as of late. Think my game will continue to improve if I can keep working with these molds in base plastic.

Got an ace too! Hole 12 at the valley, r pro polecat on the sweeeetest little hyzerflip turnover line you ever did see. :). Just a great pick me up especially after my abysmal performance in the majestic. Renewed my interest all over again.

My best round this summer. -2 at Central Park in Brooklyn Park, MN.

A handful of birds, a handful of pars and two bogeys.

My favorite shot of the day was slinging my putter 330ft off the tee on #8.

The best part of the round? 1 and 1/2 hours with my 8 year old son.

Hurricane in the NorthEast today... pondering donning the rain gear... also pondering waiting for it to dry out by Sunday... in my mind tho, I played the round of my life...

Eh, not bad. Hadn't touched a disc in about a week and shot 3 under at Acorn with a couple stupid fours where i botched my approach and chained out on long par saves. One chain out and one facemask on a couple longer birdie bids. Parked my second shot on 18 long two feet from the post. All in all, it was decent.

The Polecat again proved awesome on several approach shots.
I'm also beginning to favor the M5 over the Flying Squirrel. More testing to come.

I played my best round of the summer at Sinnissippi in Sterling. Shot an 8 under 62 (18 holes). An eagle, seven birdies, nine pars and 1 lone bogey :thmbup:

Today, I played FREAKING FANTASTIC. Johnny McCray is in town for a local C tier and my buddy and I ended up beating him and another open player by 2 strokes! It's not every day you can say you've beaten one of the top players in the world.

So when the power went out due to the wind I went down to Thompson Dam... I always do worse here than at Wickham and the wind is blowing 35mph...

Well... there were 7 baskets I hit trees on (two of em I hit 2 trees)
... and of course there were the 2 baskets I hit the chains and it didn't go in...
... then we could talk about the wind... taking the disc clear off it's path on 4 baskets...

...and you would think the penalty stroke would've been bad when then disc didn't turn due to a wind gust and wound up on the side of the dam out of bounds on 10...

so I'm adding up my scorecard at 16 thinking... "this day was terrible"... HAH!!!
turns out I'm having my best day ever and the 25 ft uphill hole out to save a 6 on 10 was now not the most awesome part of the day...

equaled my best score on 4,5,6,12,13,14,15, and 17
and got new bests on 3,6,8, and 9 (all 3's for par)

so I threw a 75... equal to my best Wickham score and my best by 2 at Thompson...

looking forward to trying again when it's not so windy... Wickham tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Played Widefield in Colorado Springs and it was PACKED. Suprisingly (well maybe not, the weather was awesome) everyone playing was friend and curteous, even then one disc all sidearm shirtless guy. Made for a fun round.

I was three under, which is really good for that course for me. My wife set a new personal best there by throwing a 70. All in all, it was a dang good day

Played classic Shaver layout today with a few friends. Shot a 55 one stroke over. (We play everything as a three including the longs). Best I have played in a long time. Just kept telling my self. Slow is far and don't hit the table. Let's see how it does at doubles tomorrow.

Missed 2 putts inside the circle. One was my bad, the other was a naaasty spit. Hrmph. Ended up -3 on Hudson Mills OG/shorts. I can do better.

birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie, gnats, bye.

ew where?

i shot down at the only open course in kato that isnt flooded is a 1/5 rated course at my apartment complex. threw putter only. new gstarrr aviar driver. think the kcp aviar is outta here!! gstarrr seemed like it is not as bulky, and doesnt roll away as much on approaches

Played nine with my fiancé, sister, and brother-in-law at Loch Ness. Shot 2 under, bogey-free, for a second consecutive pretty decent round. Chained out a birdie putt on hole 3 long after my FH flex shot weaved through everything. There's really no fairway on that hole. And same again on hole 8 from the red tee. FH flex weaved through it all. (Half the fairway on 8 is still underwater.
I'm playing way less golf now since the Majestic, but I'm having more fun with some new discs and playing much more consistent golf. Happy about that.

Best round I've ever had. 7 under par 49 at the new course, Robbins Park, in Cornelius, Nc. Finished with 3 birdies in a row!!! What's really impressive about that is that I checked my score (which I rarely do) after the 15th hole and saw that I was 4 down which made me nervous. But I forced myself to focus and putt with confidence and got 3 more in a row. Feeling great about my game right now.

Played sportsmans hill for the first time. Shot a couple under, lost a disc. Meh. Very precise shots needed here; sometimes I would just walk up and say "what?". Got a lot of practice on my fh rollers, actually got me a couple looks at birdie I would never have throwing rhbh.

Played in a PODS tourney at Badlands and beat my nemesis by 14 throws. First time I've ever beat him in competition and it gave me my first victory. Sure, it was in Rec but not bad for an 833 rated player.

I'll be moving up to Int. For next months PODS. It's at the same course, so hopefully I can do some real damage

another uptick in power... some adjustments to be made... 2 penalty strokes... pared 17 at Wickham for the first time... more wind than expected... shoulda bagged my Wraith today...

81 on a course I've thrown 75 on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts