• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I was rained out 1/2 way through so I was anxious to get back out there. Today I had the course totally to myself so I played 3 sets of discs (long/mid/short tees). Long tee and mid were pretty good - above average but not best. Short set a personal best by 3 strokes and included getting a bird on a hole I've never birdied (in over 20 tries). To top it off...its 18...so I left with that big ole smile.

The big difference today was my putting was just on FIRE for once. Didn't miss any stupid short ones. Above average on the mid range (20-25' shots) and just phenomenal (for me) on long putts. Nailed a 35' birdie, 55' par save, 45' eagle putt tonight. I've never hit that many long range putts in one night. Felt great.

-5 at kaposia. Hells yeah.

ballin.

i had more fun drinking a few beers with one of my roommates and throwing an ultimate disc in the street than i have had on the course in months. i am continuing to fade away from dg. i think in the past 30 days ive played maybe 3 times. need something refreshing to keep me playing dg but its not working out for me unfortunately

-3 long -3 short, Lost Creek DGC, Superior, NE Not horrible but not good for me. Personal record is -7 Managed to clip a tree which popped my Nuke into the creek. Couldn't find it. Hope someone picks it up and has better luck than I had with it. Not too far from there is where I found a Z-Reaper about 6-7 years ago so I guess it's one of those give/take things. Beautiful weather for this time of year in Kansas/Nebraska. All in all, it was nice to finally get out and play for once this week. The worst part of it was that some A-hole/s knocked over hole 3. Pulled the cement anchor out and everything. Didn't do any damage to the basket though. Will try to fix it, tomorrow if it's still there.

Tied a personal course best at Gulley last night (50). Good: knowing there's still room to improve (I bogied two holes I shouldn't have, and missed a putt or two I know I can make next time). Better: did it in a sanctioned league night! :thmbup:

Was on from the short distances yesterday, a couple issues with the longs...but that may have just been me pooping out from a long day outside. Overall, very pleased with the way I've been throwing lately.

58 at Brown Deer last night at leagues last night, a personal best by 5 or 6 strokes at least. Started out with a slew of 4's and 5's, but was able to capitalize on some of the shorter holes and made some long putts to save my butt. Had a long look at 2 on my last hole, but ended up missing the comeback putt for a 4.

Played nine at Taylorsville Regional later in the day to beat the heat. Had some good throws and a few that weren't so hot but the worst part was on 4 of my 5 reasonable birdie putts I hit the chains once and other parts of the basket on three. Had one bird and one bog to finish even. Took my gf with me and she played not holes as par 4 because she's only played a few holes
Before and she was awesome except she got fristerated by not throwing it further. Lots of fun and cannot wait to play again this weekend.

58 at Brown Deer last night at leagues last night, a personal best by 5 or 6 strokes at least. Started out with a slew of 4's and 5's, but was able to capitalize on some of the shorter holes and made some long putts to save my butt. Had a long look at 2 on my last hole, but ended up missing the comeback putt for a 4.

Played BD yesterday as well. Parred 1,2,5 and 8. Birdied 18 playing all Par 3's. Ended up with a 64 which I can live with. It is one of those courses, especially on longs, where it can really beat you down but when you are done, you want to play it again. Felt it was necessary to play as a warm up for Rollin' Ridge Sunday.

Tested out some new discs (Hatchet, Escape) at Seneca Creek after work. Gorgeous weather. Throwing multiple tee shots most holes and not really keeping score, but had a couple of legitimate birdies with the new discs. Hatchet is definitely in the bag - should pair nicely with the S-FD.

Schmoozed with one of the Seneca long-timers, who told a story about Joe Mela throwing over the trees and riding a strong cross-wind to park #10 long-long (562 feet) during the Soiree final round some years ago. Must have been something to see!

Simply put, the best I've ever played. Beat both my old home course record
and personal record with a -7.
8 birdies and only 1 bogey. Crazy part is that I left at least 4 20'-30' bird looks on the course or I would have beaten the course record...Previous best score ever was a -3.

had some fun; car overheated on my way to GGGT so i perused in there for about an hour and then since it was rush hour i headed to plymouth creek. shot -4 and -3; had a good time. nice little course.

slammed chains on hole 9 with my new wizard but it swung back out. :(

Last edited:
1528747_10201874126247174_2324652664290958955_n.jpg

My first ace today!!

1907384_10201874126527181_4802523686028753631_n.jpg

hole is about 250' slight dogleg right, shot went out turned right and dead center with my DX Leopard!

Last edited:
Played my local course last night with a co worker that has only been out disc golfing twice. Worked on a few shots that I know I will need for my casual tournament on sunday. Shot a -3 through 18. Drives were coming out of my hand sooooo lazy though. Gotta get it dialed in.

Played with my two bros today for the first time in...who knows. Maybe 6 months? A year?

Anyway, my best is +4, and I got a +5. So, it was a pretty good day of golf. If I didn't get a stupid bogey on hole 1, and a bad approach shot on hole 8, I would have beat my best score. Maybe next round...

Status
Not open for further replies.