• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 54 holes yesterday in Charlotte (Concord, actually) while my family was shopping. Started the day at Bailey Road Park -- new course for me and I had fun, shot +5 for 19 (hole 17 is closed due to construction). GREAT people out at this course.

Typo here -- it was +2, not +5 :doh:

AND the Bradford score was +14 (69 from the short tees), so not as much of an improvement as I had thought. :doh: :doh:

Last edited:
Shot a 26 at Evans Park just earlier. Not my best or worst, had some missed putts that should have gone in. Although I came here to vent about how this guy purposely ran over my disc that landed in the street.

Hole 4 is 210' and there is a country road about 15-20 feet behind the pin. I threw my disc a bit too far out there and it landed in the road about a foot and a half in. At this time several cars came down the road, all of whom kindly moved to avoid my disc. Then some A-hole came flying by in a cart of some sort (like a landscaper's 4 wheeler) and purposely swerved to run over my disc as I was literally 10 feet away from getting it. So I gave him the satisfaction and flipped him the bird as he ran over my disc, I thought he might be enticed to turn around so I could further berate him but he just drove off.

Luckily it was Champion plastic (my beloved Roc3) so it didn't do much damage, but it's the whole principle of the thing! I'm sure that guy thinks he's cool for running over a random person's disc for no reason.
/rant

-10 (55) from the longs at Cass Benton. Amazing round 1025. My second ever 1000+ round and highest of the two for sure.

I hit a LOT of trees... and contended with the wind, and did ok... won the round... got a personal best on a few holes and played the 4 extras so a DCGR rating actually came up...yay!

Shot even par today on my home course which was a personal best. It was exciting and underwhelming all at the same time. I was so excited to shoot my best score but had no real amazing shots. I parred every hole. Bounced out a 15 and twenty foot birdie putt. I'll take that game everyday though.

Not overly great...BUT hit my second ace today, so I've got that going for me.

Congrats! :clap:

We played Lincoln Ridge for league tonight, and I managed a single bogie two under (52 for 18 holes). Hit a really nice second shot from left of the bridge, uphill through the woods, from about 90', on hole 20. My opponent bashed center chains & fell out on hole 3 for the coolest looking (and sounding!) shot of the day.

Last Week, Not Today!

OK. So I visited my brother in law in Maine last week. Between the trip there, my time there, and the trip back I got to play 8 courses, with 7 of them being new to me, in 7 states.

I just tallied up my rounds and my average DGCR rating for the rounds was 951. My low was a 901 and my high was a 999.

I played very consistently the entire week. I had what was probably my longest drive ever in a scored round, at about 420' with about a 10-15' drop in elevation. I did a great job of staying on the fairways and generally putted OK, too. My love for Stingrays and Aviars really paid off on so many wooded courses. If not for about 10 putts missed inside of about 25' it could have been even better.

Tied for 1st in Am at league and since the combined payout for 1st-2nd was an odd dollar amount, we had a CTP to see who got the extra buck, won that too.

After my disastrous performance on Saturday, it was a nice ego boost. I honestly needed that more than the funny money.

Played a putter round at Evans Park today. I am almost ashamed to admit it's the first true putter round I've ever done.

Didn't play great... I have never used my Ion for anything besides putting so I'm not entirely familiar with how it drives (I basically never drive with putters). Bad shots, good shots...

I did sink a ~45 foot putt though, so that felt pretty good.

Awesome!!! I went up to Flagstaff and they have these things called trees all over both courses I played.
McPherson was brutal to me I think I almost destroyed by dx teebird from trees and giant rocks/stumps.
Thorpe was much better but I did manage to hit a few trees. The weather was perfect, way better than the 113 down in Phx today!

hit the basket on hole 1 at calvary. first throw of the day it was sick. ill hit that ace some other time im not too worried. shot pretty good for never playing anymore. i obtained a graduate assistantship so that will be taking up most of my time. **** is lookin good for me for the first time in a grip. its just a crying shame i can play more dg

Played a round at SFDGC yesterday. Took at 6 on hole 5, so that was pretty painful, and overall wasn't too excited about my round. But then on the second to last hole, I had a ~90 foot shot, no direct line available, had to do an anhyzer around some trees, and sunk it for birdie. Woohoo! Made the whole day better.

Played two rounds at Mt. Zion. Went +2 for the first round, then +1 second. My putting got way better I made a sweet 20+ foot jump putt to save par on the first hole, which is awesome considering my average putting. Made tons of other putts too and now I'm super confident :)

Played two rounds at Mt. Zion. Went +2 for the first round, then +1 second. My putting got way better I made a sweet 20+ foot jump putt to save par on the first hole, which is awesome considering my average putting. Made tons of other putts too and now I'm super confident :)

Good putting always makes my rounds fun, no matter how bad my drives and approches are. There is something so cool about making long putts like it was nothing. Bonus : when your friends just look at you like you were an alian cause you just won't miss!
However, just in case you didn't know, be careful about jump putting within 10 meter (about 33 feet) as it is not permitted in the Rule Book.

Well... I didn't intend to, but I played 2 rounds today...

West Thompson Dam...

First Round... I hit 19 Trees and a Fence Post, 1 Birdie (a beautiful 40 Ft approach chained in), including the birdie got 2 best hole scores (4 & 14)... however 79? yeah I'm now a tad disappointed in a high 70's score.. oh the distance I have travelled...

Second Round... I only hit 7 Trees (with 12 on Sunday, 16 Yesterday, 19 in today's First Round that made me sooo happy... picked up another 2 best hole scores (13 and 17... 17 was an epic left hooking shot with my Star Starfire that rolled to lean up against the pin)...

First round UNDER 70... 69... woot... now about those trees... my new goal... have a round where the worst I mark on the scorecard is a '2T'... "5T' and '3T' are just silly...

Played a putter round at Evans Park today. I am almost ashamed to admit it's the first true putter round I've ever done.

Didn't play great... I have never used my Ion for anything besides putting so I'm not entirely familiar with how it drives (I basically never drive with putters). Bad shots, good shots...

I did sink a ~45 foot putt though, so that felt pretty good.

is it a 45 ft putt because it was a putter round or do you consider 45 foot shots to be putts?

Fun casual round at Seneca Creek after work. Used the Hatchet, Ladyline FD, and GStar Tern as my only drivers. As usual, I throw better with fewer drivers.

Birdied #3 long for the first time by flicking a Truth out over the creek and fading back to the basket.

Starting to get the hang of the Hatchet – birdied #4 and #11 short-short with annies, and #5 short-short with a hyzer flip. Almost birdied #6 (a 300' tunnel) with a hyzer flip but couldn't sink a 30' uphill putt.

Most fun was #10 short. Put too much hyzer on the Truth and hit a tree. Threw a second drive with the Fuse, and it hyzered in for a drop-in birdie. Putted out where my first drive landed and sank a 70-foot jump-anny around a tree.

G-Star Tern yielded nice drives on #9 (birdie) and #26 (rare birdie look, but missed the longish uphill putt).

Can't wait to play again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts