• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played the ash creek open yesterday, terribly. I played the course Friday for the first time and shot a terrible +6 followed by an even round.

1st round of the tournament I shot a pretty decent round. I had 4 birds and one 5. I ended up in 3rd out of 20 in intermediate. The second round I fell apart and shot a +3 for a total of +1 on the day. I went from 3rd to 9th.....

I learned three things yesterday.
1. I've got to get my 25-40 ft putts down or get my drives more accurate.
2. Why am I the only person that throws mids and putters on holes under 300 ft?
3. I have to get away from blow up holes. I ended up with a 5 on two different occasions because some aspect of my game fell off. A terrible up shot or a 3 putt.

This is my first year in intermediate and I've cashed all but 1 time. If I tighten up my long putts and get away from the blow up holes I think I would have won every tournament I've played. Time for some more field practice.

It was my tenth anniversary today, so my wife and I got out to play a round. We both did decent...not great, not terrible. Fun was had (and my wife got to use her new DD Cadet Bag!)

10441348_10204343219282907_6465075617838719903_n.jpg

Last edited:
Played a quick 18 with Buiscutboy on the way home from church. Started out terribly off the tee , worm-burning everything, and getting a 4 on one of the easiest holes (#2) at Herman Michael Park in Watkinsville, GA. :wall: Managed to par everything through 12, and then birdied 4 of the last 6 holes to end up 3 down. Not a tough course by any stretch of the imagination, but it was nice to finish up decently and beat my son, who was 3 up on me after 9. :D

Shot -6 from the longs at Cass. Drove ok battled it off and on. Putted pretty well and made all the "required" putts. Forehand progression has come along nicely. I had one blowup hole and took a 5 on a par 3. But all in very solid round of golf.

Didn't play too bad today. Me and Ian (GDR) hit one of the local courses to get ready for the next weekends tournament in ga. Man those zero hard pures are starting to really surprise me on how sneeky they are

Par on the short 9 hole course by my house. Only played one time through because there's very little shade. Par on every hole, which many should be birdie holes, but mainly was just practicing with my new tangent, so not too bad.

First round in quite a while today at the Valley. Tale of two nines. Played the front at 3 under and the proceeded to play the back nine at 4 over. Couldn't drive, couldn't putt. Frustrating.
On the bright side, the new G-line PD netted 2 of my deuces, and my new champ Leopard also aided in a deuce. Liking both a lot.

eeeeh.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

played oakwood, i won some money at league for the gauntlet (a set of holes you need to get a certain score on) and took second in my division with -1. made some really, really stupid mistakes. also made some good putts. missed a couple 10 footers. missed a couple easy deuce holes.

was a little irritated, because i was -4 until hole 15.

so i threw a second round and wound up -6. that was much nicer. :)

as my things season i'm really starting to love them. my star destroyer is no longer very OS; it's just straight for a long way with good fade, out to 415-430' regularly and with a feeling of control. the pro destroyer is now a little flippy. it's teaching me how to throw really high for pure distance lines. i'm not very good at it, it's hard for me to do.

I played 2 courses today for my first time. I shot 10 over at Indian Hills and 1 over at Wildwood Park, in Ottumwa, Iowa. Played from the longs.

Last edited:
It was my tenth anniversary today, so my wife and I got out to play a round. We both did decent...not great, not terrible. Fun was had (and my wife got to use her new DD Cadet Bag!)
:clap: Congratulations. That sounds like an awesome way to spend an anniversary!

I played like poo again today. Was grip-locking all of my shots to the right at first and took a few mulligans off the tee. However, I did sink about a 40 foot putt to save par on hole 3, so that felt pretty good. Most of my other putts went low and hit the basket. I really need to figure out my driving better.

Ended up +2. My putting was awesome today so Im really stoked about that. Also happy I was able to get a round in today.... been so busy lately.

I had a great day Saturday at McPherson in Flagstaff for the Treebash Open. Sunday at Thorpe was a different story..the rain and elevation killed me but still had a great time.

I haven't played for 2 weeks... this is day 12 in a row at work... the Market Basket strike has my company so busy selling to their customers... so much overtime... they've shipped me up to near the New Hampshire border 5 of the last 8 days... they pay travel, overtime, and I'm raking it in, but I had a new Disc Bag come in the mail 2 weeks ago and I haven't even walked a course with it... Craziness... Lucrative... But craziness...

Today was a bag sorting day at the practice range. I have been going through my bag and giving everything a full practice. Going through and keeping the ones that have been working the best and pulling the ones I have been trying to get them dialed in. I found that it takes me a good hour of throwing just to get my body warmed up and really ready to work my discs. Started out with light tosses with putters, then switching to my mids, then drivers.
I was out for a solid 3 hours and felt good with my disc choices. I reduced my molds in my mids and drivers to 4 molds in each group. I plan on reducing more but for now I'm happy.

I have been playing for about a month now, and today I finally got below par on a course. Granted I used a couple mulligans if the drive hit a tree close by. Overall I was pretty stoked and hope to keep doing it. It was also the first time I ever played by myself so that was interesting.

birdie!

I birdied a hole today I had never birdied before. Hit a tree on my first throw and nailed a 147' putt! Whoo whoo! That is the farthest from the basket I have ever sank a disc.

Last edited:
+1 at the Farm in Farmington, MI. Like the course alot more since it has all been cleaned up. Putting was not good but driving was very, very good.

Played 2 rounds at a local 9 holer in Stillwater. The course is very short soo only a putter is needed. I was out with my Grandson who is going to be 10 this Fall. He had hurt his shoulder earlier this year so he hasn't played much. We always have a blast and hopefully this will get him "back in the game". He made some very difficult putts and I ended up at -12 for the day.
I was pleased.

Had a good day today. Made some nice putts. Also had a putt spit out as well. Always nice making some deuces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts