• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played a putter only round today for first time. Par for the course is (I think) 56 or 57. Shot 9-10 over. Not a great score. But having only been playing for about 3-4 years, I was pleased. My putting is not consistent - some days Im on, other days Im way off. I was off today. It was definitely a wake up for me though. I learned that I throw my KC Pro Aviar just as my mid range. So now I'm trying to decide if its even worth having a mid range in the bag right now... my gut says no.

Shot two under at Widefield from the longs, filming for Hucking Aces. My buddy Steve had a rough go of it. I was super inconsistent. Four bogeys really hurt me.

i played poorly but i had fun. met up with some randos. also went for a second round and ran into my friends, finished out with them. threw some bombs, got to know a couple of my discs better. starting to throw more rollers on drives.

Helped some first-time disc golfers today at the OSU course :thmbup:

I was practicing putting and some guys came over and asked if they could ask me some things about disc golf. They said they had never been out before and they only had regular frisbees and asked how they might work. Asked me how to play and how to throw, I gave them a few pointers and then thought to grab a disc out of my car.

I gave the one guy the Champ Coyote that I recently inherited and he was pretty excited about that. I felt pretty good for helping these dudes and giving them their first golf disc and tutorial. Hooray!

Wacky day at random dubs league for me today. Decided to go even though it was raining lightly...and on the walk to our hole the monsoon started....and kept up for a few holes. After that - and EVERYTHING was drenched - it rained lightly on / off the rest of the round. Thankfully I was paired with a partner who covered the most of the drives since I couldn't hold on to a disc to save my life. So many fail drives slipping out early and going nowhere. My partner was driving well - and I have no idea where it came from but my putting was on FIRE. I knew it was good when on the first hole I nailed a 35 footer for bird. Ended up winning for the first time at leagues. :)

I played really bad yesterday, but there was one highlight. We played a total of 21 holes and I scored +28. I had 5 double bogeys in a row. :gross:

On the 4th hole tee, I pulled my right triceps trying to muscle the drive. I resorted to throwing forehand the rest of the night which I'm not very good at.

The highlight of the night for me though was on hole 15 (210ft). I threw my mid-range backhand (first time since hurting my arm) and came within a few feet from my first ever ace. My entire thought process from the second I let go of the disc was the following. "Yes, good release. Not bad. Man, good throw. No way...no way...NO WAY...awwwwwwhhhh."

It had the perfect line, straight all the way with a late hyzer left that just missed the basket. My lie was about 8 feet away to the left and behind the basket.

Oh well, still got a birdie. Would've loved to have gotten an ace within a month of starting this sport, though!

Last edited:
I played like crap on Monday, but that has been a trend lately as I work to improve my RHBH.

I was playing a putter-only round at my local 9-hole course, and I was really trying to rip a drive with my Judge on a fairly lengthy hole. I proceeded to grip lock and send my disc flying basically straight out the the right, and into the circle of a different hole where another group was putting.

After yelling "FORE" and making the walk of shame, I asked them how they liked my awesome drive. One guy jokingly said "It was great, you almost aced it!". Glad they were good sports and able to stomach my extreme level of fail.

My brother in law couldn't stop laughing at me, but I still ended up beating him that round. So, you know...at least there was that.

Played lousy, probably because I was discing in work clothes. Did have two nice drives with the Hatchet - a drop-in birdie on #11 and a drive past the B pin on #12, setting me up for a 3 on the tough C pin.

lol. threw a pretty bad round but also a pretty good round at the same time.

shot a 61 on 19 holes with - ZERO - birdies at kaposia. threw some good rollers to get out of trouble as well as some tomahawks/thumbers.

considering i did not card a single birdie, i'm happy with that score i guess? all of my bogies were on the easier holes, too. it was a weird day.

Round of my life today. Well, of my life so far.

Played a -17 on our 18 hole course. TWO aces and a fairway ace for a albatros on a par 5 hole. Today everything just went in.

First round played good - shanked a few drives but my putting was spot on for the most part and I saved an even round tying my best for my home course. Even got par on a real tough 3 that I almost AWAYS bogie. Second round sucked as I just fell apart because I've been awake waaaayyy too long - 22 hours as of now, about 18 when I shot that round. Ah well I'll rest up and get back at it tomarrow.

Unreal start for me: I parked my first drive and birdied, had a so-so drive on the next hole, but made an 80 footer for a birdie, so-so drive on the next, 50' birdie. I hit metal on a 50 footer on the next whole.

Then, just as mysteriously as my new-found prowess appeared, it disappeared. Just par and a bogey for the rest of the way.

I usually putt with a Swan, but because it was breezy I had the Harp out today. Going to look at this disc more closely....

Good enough to take the #1(of 76) at Hunter Mountain NY

10444006_824880260870165_5628068683912258685_n.jpg

Almost blasted a biker with an errant x-comet at North Shore Channel despite all attempts at a safe round there…geez that course is freakin' narrow. :\

Meh. I always feel sorry for my doubles partner, because I don't seem to contribute much - even when I make a great (for me) shot, it's in a bad position or something. Today I contributed some decent shots, and banged home a 50-something footer for a bird (normally not something I'm even thinking about making). Had a great partner, though, and learned a lot that will help my game going forward, so it was a success.

Today was only my third time out. First trip to a course near my home, which I expect will be my "home" course. My wife and I played 18 of the 27 holes and had a great time. Met some very friendly people and just generally had a wonderful afternoon.

Bagged some new courses 2 hours from home, and threw my first bogie of the month, but still felt great. Well, technically, I've thrown 2 double bogies and 3 bogies total in 8 rounds. :D But with 55 deuces and 49 threes, I have to admit that half those rounds were at nine hole pitch 'n putts! Still satisfied that everything is clicking pretty well for September. I only wish that tourney play came so easily for me. :eek:

Today was only my third time out. First trip to a course near my home, which I expect will be my "home" course. My wife and I played 18 of the 27 holes and had a great time. Met some very friendly people and just generally had a wonderful afternoon.

Awesome first post! Glad you had a good time. Keep having fun and discin' it up! :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.