• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the back nine at central today. Shot a 1 over par. Still having troubles on hole 18. Plays right hand turnover at the start that a righty has a chance at the 3 (par 4). Being left handed I'm still trying to figure out a line that works for me. All in all I am very happy with the way I played it.

Played Kentucky State Doubles at Idlewild. Man, two rounds of 24 at that place is brutal, though we did get lucky with the weather. Shot 82(shorts), 88(longs) tied for 2nd place in rec. Not to bad considering thatat the bluegrass open, my partner shot 110 and I shot 112 on the longs, lol.

I have mixed feelings about my round today. Shot a -1, and with some unfamiliar discs, but if I had just been a little more precise it could have easily been a -7. Just so many birdie putts that weren't quite there. But I did nail a few near the end, Soave I just need to spend more time warming up.

Putting was lights out. Too bad I kept releasing early and hitting trees on my drives with anything other than my putter and mids. +6. Meh.

90+ degrees and high humidity, then came the torrential rains, then came the scary loud thunder + winds. I was having a decent game too, gave up at hole 10 then jogged back to the car.

Then the lightning started up... then some hail to boot. The drive home showed that the entire town was actually hit hard by the storms. Power was out at my house for hours.

Went out to my current favorite course (The Ponds at Lakeshore in Ypsi, MI) to play 24 holes today. My friends and I played this course last week, and I felt like I played really well then - I nailed my drives and approach shots, and I was putting decently.

Today, my drives and approaches were completely off. I ended up playing an extra 9 holes just to try to get some decent shots off the tee, and during the course of my round I ended up with what I felt like were a few decent shots, the way I should be playing. It was incredibly frustrating.

I kept score, and I still ended up playing slightly better today than I did last week when I felt really good. Fewer double bogeys, more pars. I guess that must mean I'm at least getting better, even when I feel like I'm playing horribly.

Played the Woods at St. Mary's today, and felt an acute lack of power, especially on up hill shots, and accuracy on wooded shots.

Par for the course for me.

Made up for a Sh!tty round at Moraine yesterday, with a good round (-5) @ Schenley Park this morning. It helps when you throw where you aim. :|

Played "meh" for two rounds at Rollin Ridge (one from the shorts, one from the mids) with *Doggy and some friends followed by a round at Lower Cato.

Didn't play exceptionally well, but damn was it a beautiful day for disc golf.

Played on a week old sprained ankle and my score reflected it. Heavily wooded course and going OB didn't help things.

Played in my first "tournament" today. It was more like a weekly, and I played horrible. We were testing the new configuration that has been proposed at Springwood Player's Course in Burlington, and we played from the long tees. I don't usually play from the longs, it was very windy, and about a third of the holes I played for the first time. Lost my favorite disc, a dyed Sidewinder with a Cobra insignia on it, early on, and thankfully it was found and returned. Add my poor putting, and you have a recipe for a bad round. But I had a great time anyways!

Played a tourney yesterday. Played 16 brilliant holes each round. But those two hols per round accounted for 4 circles, ten extra strokes and knocking me out of the cash.

Plus I kicked my umbrella and broke it

My Life!

Just took down the Showa Kinen park monthly tourney. It's a tight short course where a big arm means nothing and a bad shot can ruin you. I practically threw perfect and I still barely walked away with the win. Fun Fact: The last time another foreigner had won the Open division the show Married with Children was still airing new episodes.

+19 at my local spot. :\ But that was 9 strokes better than last time so y'know...silver linings.

Status
Not open for further replies.