• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as I've been playing lately, last night was miserable. Got through OK to a hole I normally three and sometimes four. Putted for a four and ran by poorly. Three putted for a seven and set the tone for the rest of the round. Folks, don't do that!

I re-figured out something that I had figured out a couple of weeks ago but forgotten. Clearly I need to play more often. Also lost my iPhone but found it the next day after walking the course twice and hitting re-dial on a borrowed phone 43 times. Yay?

played dubs with a couple people including geisenger.

let him throw two of my more overstable destroyers on oakwood, hole 18. one a max weight and the other 168g. parked both of them. actually overthrew them by about 15 feet. that's 525 feet in the air AND uphill about 20'. he also goes OVER the tree on 4. just reminds me that i ain't got **** on a lot of people. field work tomorrow. going to revamp my form since i feel like i've plateaued around 430' max. i want more and i know that if i can throw farther it means i've got better form. i'll be more consistent too.

Probably gonna hit up Woodland Valley after soccer tomorrow. Went to Gowen Park after class today and messed around with my new Vibram discs. It was good fun and I shot 1 under with them.

I had fun playing Greenfield Lakes for the first time. A few extra lakes after all the rain we had here...only had one go in water and was able to get it back.

Just scouted the Maiko ski resort course a day before the start of my two day tourney. I have just come to realization that a my bag needs a serious weight reduction if I am to survive two days of hike-golf. It's little disappointing that the tee pads at Japan's national event are al natural, but it wasn't altogether unexpected. Tomorrow should be fun.

Double digits under par!!!!! Set another personal best and shot -10 on my local 18 hole course. Everything is still set short (5 holes over 300', the rest between 200' and 300') so it was playing like a pitch and putt but I still tore it apart! I got some good bounces for some of the birdies, but even if you took those away I still would've been -8 or -9 on the round. So stoked for where my game is going!

Scored a hat trick in my soccer game and that set the tone for my round of disc golf. -6 at Woodland Valley on the Black Bear and -4 on the Grizzly. Today was a good day.

I had a very rewarding day doing field work. I have been trying very hard to incorporate a forehand throw. My usual rtbh is coming along nicely and getting very accurate with my shots.
I havebeen reading as mush as I can on FH as well as watching videos with Avery and Dave Dunipace. I like the power grip Avery shows and also find with Dave's steely stop very helpful. I did find one thing that helps me is something I just happened upon. I find if I take a step to close my body to the direction I want to throw I can generate more body energy to my forearm and wrist. Instead of faceing straight in front of my target line I take a step across just past my right foot. I was able to then open my shoulders at release and get more power.
Do others do the same? Just wondering.

Disc golf isn't horseshoes -

I played 11 holes and had 6 birdie putts hit chain and bounce out.

Disc golf isn't horseshoes -

I played 11 holes and had 6 birdie putts hit chain and bounce out.

That was me today. I had a lot of par putts hit chains and not grab, couple birdies do the same. Ended up 11 over because of it. Putting is my weakness, I must admit I rarely practice putting... :wall:

aced hole 12 at the valley on a dope vector anny. i dont get too excited about aces under 300' but that hole is pretty technical and i pured the bastard. shot okay at kaposia and the valley, was a good bachelor party throwdown for sure.

Played like dump, BUT had a chance to shoot a round with Manabu Kajiuama........ Dude eagled the first hole of the day from around 250 ft. It was awesome

aced hole 12 at the valley on a dope vector anny. i dont get too excited about aces under 300' but that hole is pretty technical and i pured the bastard. shot okay at kaposia and the valley, was a good bachelor party throwdown for sure.

Nicely done, that is a tight gap to stick for sure. :thmbup:

Played a casual 9 with my new wife (yay), her sister and her boyfriend at MTU. Her boyfriend hadnt played before so. I gave him my Leopard and he had fun so I broke in another person into dg. Finished +2 but I had fun anyhow.

I didn't play today, but yesterday I played terribly, at least for myself. I made a few good lengthy putts and had some nice drives, but failed to really put everything together. Not a good experience for my first official "Open" tourney. However, I haven't really put enough time into practicing and playing since Worlds. Tied for last cash, but didn't feel great about that. Plenty of work to do.

I was paid the absolute best compliment I could have been paid today. I am by far not a big arm. I strive to be smooth. I was playing with a guy today that has 5 years experience on me today. He is a tourney player. He is one of the best finesse players I play with. I respect him a lot. Hole 8 on my home course. I pull out my panther. It is our third round. I drive. Ten foot birdie putt leave. He looks at me and says "Dude, you have such smooth form. Why don't you play tournaments? You would do so well." Honestly, I could have aced that hole and not have felt better than what he said made me feel. Before today I was really questioning my game. I can't break 385 with accuracy. I didn't really think I was any good at this game. But I have fun every time I play. After what my friend said today I am seriously considering getting in to the tourney scene. Hell, win, lose or otherwise as long as I have fun who freaking cares. I am on cloud nine right now. I really feel like I have got the game. At 38, I think I can give the twenty something's a run for their money. I guess we will see next year. I feel that the MN Majestic is in my future.

My putting was, once again, garbage. I can tell that my field work has paid off though. I put my pro destroyer within 30 feet of the pin twice today on hole 18 at the valley. It's definitely a max distance shot for me but I feel like I have memorized the flight patterns for my distance shots so they feel more controlled. Also no big run up or anything, as usual, just a step, a hop and then kaboom. Felt great.

I did lose my turning roc, so that was frustrating. I might go back to a roc/comet combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts