• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well... on Saturday... I played OK... +18 on 18 holes at Wickham
nothing spectacular this week... nothing terrible either...
lost by one throw to one of my weekend group...

still thinking about that 100 ft chain in last week... where's the next high??? can I top that???

Played OK today, +1 at Mt Zion, and what was awesome was how I saved some strokes that shouldve got me +4 at least. Nailed a couple beautiful putts for two birdies on the day, just love upping my putting game. Also took a new angled shot off the tee on 9 and with a little tweaking I can see myself birdie-ing that hole a lot more. Wish I could get more rounds in today but alas I cant.

Played madeline Bertrand in Niles Michigan today. Shot two 48s witch tied my best ever twice. An played all forehand the 3rd round an shot a 57. Not bad considering I don't forehand an I'm working on it. Also threw my 2nd ace ever on hole 1. :) with a DX Roc I bought 5 minutes before I made it lol

Played 24 holes, putters only today. Scored +16 which was 3 strokes better than my last round of just 18 holes using my whole bag. Also nailed a 60ish foot putt to save par on a hole we started from the pro tee. Having just started playing last month, I'm happy. :D

Very odd day for me last night. I ended up matching my personal best at my home course but how I did it was surprising. I ended up with giving up a few strokes on easy holes that I can normally bird and somehow managed to pick up 2s on holes I've never hit before. I also nabbed birdies on a few other challenging holes (including my 2nd ever bird on one of them).

It felt so nice to get 2 that I had never hit before....and grab a few other hard ones. Too bad I gave away a few strokes on some easier holes or I'd have smashed my personal best.

So yesterday I played hoping to stretch out a massive cramp in my back. It sort of worked but it definitely hurt the whole round. My son had a complete meltdown for three holes (he's two). Then when my son and my back both settled down I dislocated my shoulder on a big anny throw. Still managed to finish at par so all in all meh.

Haven't played as of yet today... but I did have a real good time repeatedly unloading my bag in the batting cage for a half hour this morning at the local community college practice fields.

Opted not to play and get a lesson. Threw more disc in two hours than I could have in a week. You read about, watch videos on YouTube nothing like having someone right there focused on just you. Now if I can just get my brain out of the way. Some really consistent groupings in the field towards the end. Not to mention one of my cleanest drives. Solid nose down, clean snap easily 50 ft on my best drive. Looking forward to another one on one down the road.
G$

Played Baugo creek in Osceola indiana today threw a 55 an a 54 my game there is really improving I missed 3 easy birdies. An had two bogeys but still very happy with my game. My best there is a 53 an I keep getting closer to beating it. Seems like when ever I do get my best score takes a couple months to match it again or beat it. But then I start scoring it all the time. Had some great birdies on some holes I usally par today so I'm pretty stoked. Just a couple months ago I was shooting 58 to 62 at Baugo creek all the time. Now I'm shooting 54 to 57 a lot.

How did I play today?
17090code.jpg

Played my states first free course tonight. (Gowen Park) It's a 9 holer and there was some vandalism which pissed me off to no end. Anyway, played solidly and even got my little sisters to start playing. I hooked them up with light putters and they had a blast. Also got my first ever eagle on a par 4. Very satisfying night. Only shot a -3 but it was still awesome.

Made a 60ft shot in the wind today with my Soft Proton Ion. It was a thing of beauty. This disc has done some awesome things in the short time that I've had it.

Played my states first free course tonight. (Gowen Park) It's a 9 holer and there was some vandalism which pissed me off to no end. Anyway, played solidly and even got my little sisters to start playing. I hooked them up with light putters and they had a blast. Also got my first ever eagle on a par 4. Very satisfying night. Only shot a -3 but it was still awesome.

I was just there in July and the missing/destroyed baskets (4 & 5 I believe) had been replaced with a couple home/city-made baskets. And the signage was screwed up on most holes. So is there something more now?

And that's as nice Eagle on #6, right? :hfive:

I was just there in July and the missing/destroyed baskets (4 & 5 I believe) had been replaced with a couple home/city-made baskets. And the signage was screwed up on most holes. So is there something more now?

And that's as nice Eagle on #6, right? :hfive:
#6 was the one! 4 and 5 both have real baskets now. The Tee Pads are hard to find on those two though. The baskets are there at least. But yes, there's a ton of sign vandalism. It's so sad.

eeeeeeeeeeh.

played kaposia, 18 hole layout (i played the dinker hole, so actually played 19 holes) and finished with a 56.

i was doing okay, took a bird on 1, 2 and 4 . . . and then two double bogeys in a row. fought back from it, but still...really?

Last edited:
-4 today, with 3 putts hitting the basket :wall: :doh: also had to dodge cross country practice. :| I know it's a public park, but man, they sure acted like it was just theirs.

I've been playing my best golf ever. Two days I shot a personal best -3 at one of our tougher courses, which would've been a 980 in our last tournament and today I shot -8 for another personal best (different course). Everything was set in the shorter positions, but some miraculous shots and great putting from the circles edge got me there. I'm practicing my putting from longer distances and it's awesome seeing it pay off. Time to keep pushing and with another tournament I want to keep seeing those higher round ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts